September Stars

Hello everyone :flower: Remember me :haha:

Ive been reading everything but not posting think im just too lazy :haha: Hope everyone is enjoying there sunday :)
Bit of a selfish note to start with but im a bit worried about Charlie Jack :( We started weaning him around 5 months and he loved his food , ate ething he was given and was generally a greedy little piglet and a very big baby to show for it. However the past 3 weeks or so he has been refusing most foods , getting really worked up when we try to give him anything from a spoon. I know its not because he doesnt like the food because its stuff he has had and previously loved such as pureed carrot and potato. He will eat most finger foods like toast and rice cakes , and still will eat yoghurt but any proper foods and he screams like hes being murdered. I havent been able to take him to the health visitor due to bank holidays (they are there mon and fris only) but going to take him tomorrow, just wondered if anybody had any idea what it might be?
Sorry selfishness over!

Love Love hearing about everyones babas and how clever they all are :)

Emzy ; Dont feel shit about signing on, most people have to do it at some point in their life , its nothing to be ashamed of . I know its hard but try to relax and enjoy your time with Matt and Holly because before you know it you will be both be working your arses off again :haha: Oh and if you havent already , make sure youre getting everything your entitled for benefits wise on the unemployed rates such as tax credits, healthy start vouchers etc! :hugs: Holly is gorgeous and looks far too grown up with her hair up!

Louise - yay to wayne coming home soon :happydance: I think defo a good idea to take the extra time off work to spend with him, you deserve it! x

Asher ; Hope poor little sammy is better and pox clearing up x x

Becs; Im going to stop reading your posts one of these days you make me feel like such a slob :haha: I dont know how you do all you do,i feel so unmotivated when i come on to read at 9am and youve already done all your ousework and cooked tea and everything! you domestic goddess!

Blob; .Hope your getting a bit more sleep now Robin is back , i have to say you do make me laugh though with your threatening to put Tabs outside :haha:
Congrats to Rosie and Olivia and all the other talking babas :happydance:
I know there is sooo many more personals but my mind has gone blank! Sorry everyone :hugs: to all x x

Oh does anybody else have a tv obsessed baby?! I dnt like to be a lazy parent but Charlie is obsessed with Waybuloo! He stares at the screen when its on and refuses to acknowledge anything around him, its so funny its like hes in a trance!

Well im off now sorry for the huuuuge long post!
xxx

Lilia lovely to see you !

In regards to the food Im not sure, sometimes LOs take less food if under the weather or teething.
If it was me id probably do more finger food such as steamed carrots, brocolli, cucumber sticks with skin taken off and let him play with the food ??
Maybe he'd prefer food less smooth now so a few chunks in or maybe hes getting bored of simillar foods and needs something new, tuna flakes with mashed potato, chopped tomato with mashed potato, baby pasta in tinned tomatoes with a few small chunks of veg? Just trying to put some ideas out their for you.
Try not to worry or force him to eat as this could add to him getting worked up, at the moment they should be getting most of their nutrients from milk so he wont become ill or undernourished. Food should be for them to learn new tastes and consistencies.
Not sure if this helps you

Thanks Jelly :hugs: Yes i think i do need to bear in mind that milk is still giving him a lot of nourishment thats quite easy to forget really! Ive tried him on different foods so dont think he is bored , but i like the foods you have suggested ie the tuna and baby pasta i will try him with some of that tomorrow see if some different textures and flavours help at all, thanks again :) x

Let us know how you get on xx

Someone else might come along soon with some ideas.

Hi Lilia! Thank you for mentioning about the healthy start vouchers, I never thought to apply for those so I'll get a form for them! Will help towards the cost of Holly's milk and everything is a bonus! With Charlie Jacks eating, I would agree with Jelly and maybe offer more finger foods. Holly has become fed up of me feeding her and she just wants to feed herself! Maybe offer a range of finger foods and 'blobs' of other mushy stuff on his highchair and let him choose himself. Sometimes I'll do that with Holly, like I'll put out some cucumber sticks, cooked broccoli, green beans, slices of pear, cubes of cheese, mini baby bell, bread sticks, fingers of toast, mini sandwiches, bits of cooked pasta and 'blobs' of food like pasta with tuna, mashed potato, etc. She likes getting in a right mess!

For most of the day today Holly seemed a lot better, still not herself but much better than yesterday. At lunchtime I offered her a jar of chicken and vegetables as I thought it'd be quite plain but she clamped her mouth shut, so I made her a jam sandwich and she ate all of that and a petit filous. Then at teatime we went to our friends house and Matt fed her and she promptly threw up all over him, the sofa and my friends cream carpet! She then had another explosive nappy and got another temp and seemed really poorly again so I gave some calpol. She took 6oz of her bottle tonight and went to bed at 8pm, so we'll see how she gets on tonight. Poor baby, I wish I could have it for her :( I am actually feeling a bit ropey myself tonight, so I hope I don't get it.

x

Hiya ladies, I have been reading the last few days, just not had the energy to post!

Hiya Lilia, good to see you! Sam's been off his food whilst he's been poorly but is much better now and doing a bit better again. Jelly had some good suggestions (I might use them myself Jelly!!), it's hard when they go through a non-eating phase if they've been good previously. Are you still swimming? one of these days I might bump into you in the pool!! x

Sorry, my personals are all crap tonight, I promise I'll be back tomorrow on form....!! Will do my best!

Busy old weekend for us, been trying to get Archie to ride his bike without stabilisers, but he's the most nervous kid going, and would quite happily just carry on with them forever! Bless him. He did quite well today, but as soon as DH tells him he's let go, and he's on his own, he falls off! Got a lovely set of bruises!!
Sam's doing much better, I'm a bit worried he might have a couple of scars on his forehead where he had a couple of big chicken pox, but time will tell. He's eating a bit better, and has been getting up for a feed once a night the last few nights, spending the majority of the night in his own bed, so that's a bonus.

Hope everyone's ok, sorry again for lack of personals, love to all. xx

Emzy, sorry to hear about Holly. Poor baby, it must be awful for her, little love. Hope you don't get it too, big hugs to you both! xxx

Lilia glad I make you all laugh :rofl: went next door to see my mum (rosalie asleep and tabs ready) came back both girls wide awake screaming...now he dumps tab in the room and I'm still sitting waiting for her to sleep :dohh:
Dont worry about the food just give him a selection to play with and let him have fun with it. If he has finger food just give him that, might be he's independent? That's what I would do.

BTP rosalie is the same I cannot leave her with anyone, my mum had her and she screamed the whole time :nope: until she fell asleep was about 3hrs apparently, then she woke up screaming when I got home. If anyone else holds her and she sees me she goes mental arms out screeching etc etc. I think the only reason she started moving was so she could follow me around :haha:

Yep Blob, Sam's all about me too. He's fine if I'm just "not there" ie with someone else, but the second I come in and he catches sight of me, he cries until I get him. Nice I guess, but hard work!

Emzy, poor Holly! I'm just thinking, when I had that stomach bug a few weeks ago I stopped eating, then when I felt better I had a meal and was up all that night and thR next day being sick etc again. The doctor said if you have food too soon it can reinfect you? So maybe when she has food again too soon it's just reinvesting her, I would be tempted to just give her milk and water tomorrow if you can, and maybe steer clear of dairy stuff as its not good for an upset stomach? Bless her hope she's back to her normal self soon xx

Claire I'm glad Sam is on thee mend, poor little guy, hope it doesn't scar!

Lilia hi! I think jelly gave good advice regarding the food issues, I don't really know how to help! Hope HV has some answers x

Sorry girls must go, I'm on my phone and its about to go dead! Back soon xxx

See lilia is happy to go to anyone and doesn't care if I'm there or not! Good in a way but sometimes I think she could take me or leave me! Although I had worried that she would be clingy with it being just me and her for so long.. Maybe she sees people and is 'yes someone else at last!' in the queue at the doctors she put her arms out for the man behind me to pick her up! Such a flirt, she's such a mans baby! Loves men!

Oops it's 10% battery got to go!!! X

Hugs Louise! 27 sleeps!!! Eeeek!!! xx

I hope there are no scars too, really not liking the look of a couple of these on his forehead. Ah at least he's not a girl, I'd worry more then I think. x

Rosalie freaks unless she has just been fed and then will last a while :dohh:

Am going to give tabs away to her grandparents when Robin leaves im fed up with her she's woken rosalie up 3x already :hissy: she just will not go to bed and I'm at a loss of what to do? Rosalie wont sleep in our room at all, but she goes to sleep at 7, tab USED to go to bed early and really well. Anyone got any ideas on what to do other than just ride it out :wacko:

Really hope Holly feels better soon :hugs:

Louise it's sweet in a way but omg its a pain also it's a good thing she's like that :hugs: how long will Wayne be back for?

Ah Blob, you poor love. Have been there done that when it was Archie and Jack, and in the end, all we could do was ride it out. it wasn't easy, but it worked out well in the end. x

Thanks Louise, I think I will just stick to milk and maybe dry toast tomorrow. The only reason I gave food is because NHS direct said to keep offering her normal diet. They said the old advice was to starve a stomach bug but that's not what they advise anymore, so to offer normal food. So I was trying to offer plain stuff, but I think I'll just offer more milk feeds tomorrow and forget the food. x

Oh and I meant to say, now she is poorly Holly only wants me. She cries this moany cry and says "mama" over and over again until I pick her up, then she burries her face in my chest. She's normally not too bothered who she goes to, but now she wants me (it's kinda nice really!)

She went to bed at 8pm and was up again by 9! We've made her a comfy bed up on the living room floor so she can chill out down here. It's horrible as she's not really up to sitting up playing with her toys, she just hasn't got any energy, so she's just sort of laying there looking around, bless her x

Ooohh poor Holly xx

Glad Sammys feeling better, it took a long time for him to get over the pox. Hope he doesnt scar too

Blob - I don't know what you can do for tabs, but hope you find a solution soon. Does Robin have any ideas?

Ok got a bit more charge!

Poor Holly :( I didn't know the new advice, they seem to change their minds about everything constantly!!

Yes 27 sleeps to go! No idea how long he's back for, but the unit we're posted to are off to afghan soonish but he won't be going as he would have to ask to go and sign a disclaimer if it's before the 18 months they're supposed to be home for. I imagine he'll be transferred at some point so he can go in 18 months time, it's just awkward because he's overlapped two tours! He wants to do a bomb disposal course so he can go as a bomb disposal officer next time. It's as dangerous as his job this tine but the words bomb disposal just fills me with dread! He may change his mind!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->