September Stars

Thanks girls, I am trying to be positive but it's wearing thin to be honest. I'm sure I'll be back to Mrs Optimistic tomorrow, but today I feel like shit lol I need a bottle of wine... if I could afford one! lol

Fishy that sucks :( What are you going to do? It's so hard at the moment never mind with the added worry of childcare, etc as well :flower: It's annoying me, as I've kind of decided to forget about having any kind of 'career' as I didn't think it's be very likely that I would get a job in HR for the hours I need, but then I'm over bloody qualified for everything else. So I'm not suitable for anything grrrr! Just spent ages filling in another application form, this time for Debenhams. I'll probably get the same old reply as well! I will do the childminding course, but will have to defer til the next one in 4 months now :(

I do have this interview at HMRC on Wednesday though, got my fingers seriously crossed for that one. It's at my level, a great job, great pay and evenings only. It will involve working 5-10pm every week day evening, so I'll be knackered after looking after Holly all day but I'd get my weekends free, bring in close to what I was bringing in working full time and the maternity benefits are fantastic. My friend from antenatal classes works there and she just had 6 months on full pay, 3 months on half pay then 3 months unpaid. I was on statutory for all that time!

x

Emzy I totally understand your situation, my friend is in the same boat she has just lost her part time job in hr and can't find another being told she us over qualified and the job centre are awful arnt they but you have worked hard and deserve some help so don't be worried about applying for benefits , I've filled in some forms online but in sure we won't get any help .

Hope you get your bottle of wine love x

I'm full of cold the girls have shared their germs with me :)

Emzy good luck the job sounds really good. Id love a maternity package like that ! My friend in a bank was also on full pay for six months... I had 6 weeks then on statutory which stops next month :-(

Fishy - sorry you didn't get an interview

GG - hope you feel better soon at least it's the weekend so you can have help with the girls xx

Blob - Peppa Pig Land was awesome !!! You have to take Tabs - If she loves Peppa she will love it ! Just be prepared to take swimming stuff and I would recommend your own food as there's aint all that and is stupidly expensive £4.60 for a cheese toastie. £21 to get in but all kids under 1m are free. x

I am knackered so will catch up on everything in the morning. x

Sorry I haven't posted in a bit - just been really busy! :)
I have been reading, but a usual can't seem to retain anything, so sending :hugs: and get betters out to any babies who are still sick and :sleep: :dust: to all mamas, because even with a good sleeper, we could all use a little extra rest! :)

Tobe just had a booster shot for his flu vaccination today. Took it like a champ! A few high-pitched shrieks of outrage and indignation, then boobed for a bit making some very funny disgusted, muttering noises while he nursed, then had a series of cat naps.
Still no crawling for him, but a lot of posturing. He get up on all fours and wiggles around on his bum a lot more. Simon was crawling at top speed by this age, but I am now a veteran mum and have learned to be grateful for the immobility for just a little while longer! :)

Fishy - Tobe is still an erratic eater of solids, although he is usually enthusiastic when offered them. It's more me being such a disorganized mummy. But he is so big and hearty just on breastmilk that I really see the rest of the food as sort of recreational! :)

So I tried more milk throughout day, lets hope we notice a difference, thanks guys for all your advice.

Good Luck with interview Firstbean

Sorry about yours not happening f&c

Emzy (((hugs))) It is awful, I have had to do it, hubby has done it and my mum has just recently had to do it after 23 years in one job, you are more than entitled to it so please don't feel bad.xxx

GG hope you feel better soon.x

Yeah blob, shit luck all round if it wasnt for shit luck we wouldnt have any! xx

Urgh went out with friends until after. 12 now up with baby :dohh: plus feel I may have drank bit too much.

Aww Hun fx'd for you :hugs: :hugs:

Woooooooop yaay thanks Laura :D

Blob how's your head?

Sarah well don tobe for being brave x

It's my friends 30th tonight we are doing a surprise presentation , I'm full of cold and can't talk properly !

Hello Girlies xx

Sorry some of you are having a shit time with jobs etc xxx Hope things turn around soon xx

Genies, have a nice time tonight!!

Sarah, well done Tobes x

Blob, hope you are not suffering too much!!!

We have had a busy few days, Hope is everywhere, can't turn my back for 5 minutes!! Let the fun begin!! I am sorting out some bits for Hope's Christening next month, tbh I can't be bothered!!!! We asked for RSVP's by 10th, Ian's Nan is moaning she can't get there and putting on the guilt trip, Ian's Uncle and 5 cousins all live 5 minutes from her and they never offer to bring her up here, its really begining to piss me off!! I have sorted balloons and cake, we are having hog roast so thats easy, just need to get a few bits for the tables!!! Also I am really angry, my friends who I asked to be God Parents have hardly bothered, I have purposly not contacted them to see of they bother, one has no kids and the other has 2, I hear from them now and again but we all live close so I don't see why I should do all the running around!!!

Afternoon ladies!

Poor Holly is a poorly bubba, she's got a tummy bug or something. Matt got up with her this morning and I woke up shortly afterwards to the sound of him running her a bath. She'd had her bottle and then refused her weetabix which is very unlike her, then she projectile vomited all over the living room followed by a diarrhoea explosion. After her bath, she seemed really sleepy and she fell asleep having a cuddle with me, so I put her in her cot and she slept for 2 hours. Then she seemed a lot better after her sleep, so I have her toast and 1/2 banana at lunch time. She fell asleep again a bit after lunch, but then when she woke up she seemed quite poorly and threw up everywhere again followed by several nappy explosions. So we cuddled up on the sofa and watched finding nemo and she just lay there still the whole time, which again is so not like her lol Then all of a sudden about half an hour ago she just perked right up and she's currently in her door bouncer bouncing away and laughing, so I think she's feeling better lol. Do you think I should just put her to bed with no bottle tonight, seeing as she keeps throwing up? I've been giving her lots of water. I might try some more dry toast later if she still seems ok.

For anyone that's interested I've listed a few 6-9 month clothes for sale, if you'd like a look they are here https://www.babyandbump.com/buy-swap-sell/606408-lots-girls-6-9-months-clothes.html

xx

If it was me with Rosalie I would feed her if she wanted it?

Nah my head was fine :lol: have not drank in a very long time :haha:

Have a nice time GG

Becs it sounds like it's going to be great :)

Well I gave her some more toast which she kept down and she took 3oz of a bottle and wouldn't take any more and she's now in bed. Poor baby, feel so bad for her! Hope she keeps it down x

Sorry to crash in with no personals but we have a new word today, we thought she said it yesterday but were not sure but today she deffo said it!!
Ok so in the morning Rosie wakes up she has a few feeds in the night but wakes and crys for me but on the morning wake she just lays in her cot and babbles to herself, she has started saying 'up' like i say we thought she said it but couldnt be sure but today it was 'up' really clearly! She says it til i get her up :cloud9:

Can't stay have to do bedtime!

Have found a carrier, will update asap!

Big :hugs: xx

BTP - love it :) clever girl

Emzy - poor Holly, hope she manages to keep the food down tonight

JJ has been fascinated with his mirror on one of his toys today he keeps staring at himself and then kissing the mirror. It's so cute

Go Rosie!!
Emzy I hope Holly feels better real soon.
Brave boy Tobe!

Its late and I am up awaiting a phonecall from DF who is out on a stag do! Its his first night out since Riley so I am expecting a very drunken man tonight! I get to go out on a hen do next week but no drinking as I have to feed Riley. :-( It will be my first night out and with Riley refusing a bottle I am sure DF is in for a rough few hours! I'll obviously give him his last feed and he should go to bed not long after but it probably won't happen that way. I guess milk in a beaker may be an option?

Well ladies, I am going to try and stay awake, but bid you all goodnight. x x

Teeny, I am not sure my dh could cope with Rosie, it is lovely she loves her Mummy so much but bloody hard work not getting even a toilet break in without being in demand!
Yesterday we all went for a walk, for a change dh asked if he could put the carrier on him so he could carry Rosie, as soon as she was on him she screamed and had her arms out for me, so on me she went, poor Daddy!!

3am...'up'...'up'...'up'.........'up'...'up' she was wide awake, so i changed her, fed her and hoped she would settle...NO!
Finally she went back to sleep at 5.30am and is now all pretty in pink on her mat just giving it 'ahhhhhh' 'ahhhhhhh' and dh is in bed and will remain their til whenever and i am bloody knackered!

Why is she sleeping so badly? :shrug:I was getting 7 hours not long after she was born and felt all smug I had a sleeping baby!! Now i am lucky to get a few hours at a time:shrug: Nothing seems to make any difference, I know having her in her own room is supposed to help but i don't know why, I know people who have had their babies in with them til 18 months and they have slept ok!
It doesnt help dh stays in bed after a late night, he keeps me up making noise then doesnt get up through what is left of the night then lays in bed til whenever even when our dd is up calling daddy he turns deaf (Blob an example of his selective paternal hearing) :grr:

Emzy, Hope Holly feels better today :hugs::kiss:

Blob, she certainly seems vocal rather than physical, she can only roll around and push her feet into the ground to move on her back, she hates her front and cant sit for any time, still a few seconds, I am making the most of her not going very far but my ds was everywhere by now!!:haha::hugs::kiss:

Becs, good luck with the organising, i agree not to chase, it should be an honour to be asked and something they are serious about enough to contact you first! :hugs:
I feel guilty if i loose touch with friends then i think it takes both of us to keep in touch, and i stop doing the work and we loose touch and i think it was me doing it all, I have done it a few times, both of them are on my fb, but that is hardly contact! ( a few friends are lost all together when i stopped contact and i just cant be bothered with them as they obviously cant with me!):hugs::kiss:

Genies, How did it go? Did you have any voice? :hugs::kiss:

I had a few glasses of wine a week or so ago and i felt ok at the time but really shit the next day, not hung over or anything just bloody miserable, I am sure it was the wine as i was back to myself the next day, alcohol is supposed to be a depressant but i assumed it was while you drank it not the after effects but it made sense thinking about it!:haha:

Time to go, Rosie has rolled up to the toy box where she has wedged herself and is entertaining herself with a princess headband she has found but i think i will move her!
Out of coffee today, its a disaster, I am having decaf tea instead, lucky me when the drama is running out of coffee:haha:

:hugs::kiss: Happy day to all xx

BTP my sister always feels really depressed for a couple of days after drinking!

Well Holly woke up crying at 1130 so I offered her water and a bottle of milk and she took 4oz and went back to sleep til 730 this morning when she had another nappy explosion. She's had 5oz of her bottle this morning and a slice of toast and seems a lot better, if a bit peaky. Hopefully she's over the worst now, poor baby x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->