September Stars

Ooooooh Asher holiday :wohoo:

I really hope you get some sleep soon Hun :hugs:

Oh no Hun :hugs: I really hope the camera didnt get you :nope: do you think there is a chance of contesting it??

Ps I'm trrryyyyyyyyyyinggggggggg to get to 11000 posts :haha:

I thought about contesting it, but it's a pretty much cut and dried offense I guess. They have a picture of you going over the line on red and there's not much you can say cos you broke the law. Plus, I wouldn't want them to up the charge to dangerous driving, or slap the fine up to £1,000. I just hope it didn't get me :cry:

I thought it was 12 points before you lose your license? Also, you could easily contest that, as you didn't carry on! If you explain, you might have to go to court to explain it but it would be worth it!

Opti I don't think you should get penalised for that ?? I've dine that kind of thing loads over the years. I'm sure you will be fine.

Louise I think they changed the rules a couple of years ago so that if you get more than 6 points in first 2 years you get your license taken. It's meant to prevent young boy racers etc driving dangerously.

For the maidstone meet dh won't be coming as he's self employed and still awaiting for news on when his job is stopping so no time off for him.

Blob - hope you manage to get some sleep tonight, is Robin with you at the moment or are you home alone again?

Sleepy rainy chilly day here.
I'm enjoying some quiet time while the boys sort of nap. Simon is down for the count after a morning of incessant naughtiness, but Tobe just catnaps and wakes up all fussed and bothered because my boob isn't where it was when he fell asleep. :dohh: I was supposed to be fitting in a workout right now. Sigh.

Babies.
It's always all about them, isn't it?

So, I'll try not to feel too left out over the Stars meet-up. :cry:
I was busy that weekend, anyway. :sulk:

YM - Belated Happy Birthday :cake: and congrats on your :pink: bump!

optical - how can they make photo transgressions stick on your record? Unless they can prove it was you driving the car, that should just be a fine, should it not? That's how it is over here, anyway.
We get dinged through higher insurance rates, but not on personal driving records. That only happens when the cop tickets you in person.

looooove the sound of meets but tbh i have no clue where maidsone is! Defo up for a northen meet though :) i have spent over an hour catching u through crimewatch and am ready for bed now but :hugs: to all and will catch up with personals tomorrow x x

Awww Sarah :hugs: :hugs:
Also we've had 114mph winds :shock: it's like a war zone here with no exaggeration, trees are ripped up everywhere, things trashed, shops closed, power has only just returned etc etc :shock:

Jelly no robins still away, he comes back next thursday...ash cloud dependant.

Can anyone get the scheme? Or watch it? Not sure if it's only Scotland though....it makes me pretty sad.

Hemel is only down the road from me !!! does that mean im in the middle !!!

optical, only a small number of those cameras work, goverment doesnt have enough money to man them all. If it does work and you have been caught, appeal !! was someone beeping at you and getting aggresive ? an ex boyfriend following you ? did you fear the car behind had been driving too close and dangerously behind you ? maybe you thought you heard sirens and needed to get the way. Grant has 6 point and i have just had 3 come off.. they offered me some scheme about going to a class about how to drive better and i then wouldnt get points or a fine but i couldnt get child care so had no choice but to take the points, i have been bitter about it ever since.

Kara I bloody hope you're not the middle :shock:

Jelly you would have to google... Its like real life shameless

Blob - just googled we can get it on inlayer I think. Just seen the you tube clip :-( shocking

Maidstone is 3 hours by car!

I am near Minehead and Weston they are both driveable for a day out!

I would love to meet up with other stars...dh's I am happy to leave at home!!:rofl:

Im at minehead butlins from the 6th of July this year, we can meet up then x

How long are you staying? We are in Cornwall from 2nd-9th July xx (anyone near Cornwall?!)

We're going to minehead for a week on the 8th June btp!
!

Fab, your welcome to me or we can meet, Minehead would be lovely for the girls to do something! I could even go on the steam train!:happydance:

A couple of weeks ago, I was in a rush to get home from work and sneaked through a (just turned) red light, not noticing the camera on top of it. Completely in the wrong, took 3 points and paid a £60 fine through the post.

Today, I was in queing traffic on my way home. Just as I was going through the light it went amber, so like an idiot I panicked, slammed the brakes on and hesitated, before realising that it was too late for me to stop. By that point, I was half over the line and it had gone to red. The camera was straight in front of me, and didn't flash - but apparently the ones facing you don't (so they don't glare you).

I agree the first was not one you could defend but because you didn't go technically you didn't jump the lights, and I agree a reason for being over the line would help.:thumbup:
I got out of a parking ticket because there had been no ticket left on my car so i just got a failed to pay notice so i complained that i had no ticket and they let me off, the fact i had forgotten to put a parking ticket on that day didn't seem to matter, i was just expecting the late fee removed but it was all wiped.:shrug:
It is certainy worth trying to defend 3 points xx:hug:

I have managed to enlarge this somehow so I am writing this in Granny sized bold :jo:
I just don't know how to resize!:haha:

We had more a normal night last night, she missed 1 feed but the rest was as usual, but the one missed feed is good with me.:thumbup:

Blob. don't watch things that make you sad! I started watching the Born in Chelsea the other day, I think i was open mouthed at it for a while then just left it on! It is really funny because there is something just not quite right about it, like a really BAD soap!! They finish a scene then just stand around trying to hold that pose! :rofl:

We broke up yesterday, so no school for a while now, 11 days not having to get out of bed!:happydance:

Sorry if i have missed something important, I am trecking over to facebook now!! (my daily exercise!) I am still waiting for my 30 day shred to turn up, in no hurry Mr postman, take your time!

Back soon xxxxx:hugs:

I am quite far away from you Ladies too I am near Whitby. A holiday sounds lovely Asher I could do with a nice break away.
Although I am at Take That on Monaday which I cant wait for and OH has Ollie for they whole day which he hasnt done yet so he will soon find out how hard it is looking after a LO all day lol.

BTP i just had a look at the calender and im sure its monday to monday we are going last day being the 11th of july, will you be about on the 10th or the 11th of July ? even if its just for a coffee somewhere as we head home

Blob- I hope not too, im sure manchester is more central. but im useless when it comes to where places are !! xx

For the maidstone meet I've asked my local y about getting a room and borrowing a box of toys from the crèche. They have a coffee shop starbuckys too for us to be able to eat. The YMCA is 2 miles from the town centre just off the main road .... Does this sound any good for people, need to speak to the manager if it is?

BTP i just had a look at the calender and im sure its monday to monday we are going last day being the 11th of july, will you be about on the 10th or the 11th of July ? even if its just for a coffee somewhere as we head home

Yes we are back Sat 9th so can meet up, just say where and I can find the closest place good to meet!:happydance:xx

fantastic, we are going to butlins so if you know anywhere near there... I have your number, will get in touch closer to the time but i have put it in my diary x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->