September Stars

Louise - I'd go back to sleep lol. What a small world! I used to live in Kirkby and Elmsall.. Hemsworth is about a mile up the road. Eeeek not long now!!!! :happydance:

Btp - yey for dtd!! lol. I've wrote on your wall on fbook too :winkwink:

Yeah Emzy, I think i'd be a bit put out by that. But then again, I don't have any mummy friends anyway.. apart from you lovely ladies of course :flower:. No-one kept in touch or saw eachother outside of antenatal, I didn't go to playgroup cos I started work and everyone where I take my DD to school doesn't talk to me. I even went for a coffee the other day (on my day off) and they were all sat at the next table, I was alone and they didn't even say hi. In all fairness I don't often do the school run, but I did for a year when preg/on maternity and they ignored me then! Ah well... girlies and their cliques... I guess we are back in the playground but I never took it so literally.

GG... we have asked for money for the wedding, but I think that putting the bank details on invites is taking it a bit far - and especially for a christening!

Blob - :hugs: honey... don't know how you do it :hugs:

And happy 8 months to iccle kimi :)

Well, I'm meant to be ironing but i'm leant over the ironing board typing on this :blush: I'd better get ready soon cos we're off to xscape to an indoor play area thing. I ache in muscles I didn't know I had, and i'm scheduled to run 8 miles tonight. Uffffffff....... I may never return.

Optical so you still live there? Next time I visit my gran in Kirkby I'll pop in!

Thanks for all your replies girls. I'm glad it's not just me over reacting! Like most of you have said, it's the "oh well" attitude to it that upset me rather than the fact they are having it that day. I'm genuinely upset that we won't be able to go to the christening as I think a lot of them and their baby. I even considered going anyway, but then it takes away from Holly's 1st birthday and it'd be difficult to have a party so I don't think we will. I don't think we will be able to afford to have Holly's naming ceremony that weekend either. Even if we get jobs soon, it's a bit late to be booking it so I think we may have to have it a little later. I guess that makes it even more of a kick in the teeth, that we can't have ours that weekend either.

Holly went to bed easily at 8pm last night, but then woke up at 11.30 SCREAMING the house down. Her cheeks were so red and it was a pain cry so I assume it was teeth. She was inconsolable and nothing we could do would help. I put her in bed with me but she just squirmed around and cried, cuddled her but she proper kicked off. In the end we brought her downstairs, gave her some calpol and another dose of anbesol and offered her another bottle, which she downed!! Then let her have a bit of a crawl about and put her back in bed at 1am. She went off easily then and slept in til 9am! Hoping for a better night tonight, could do without her keep waking up at that time screaming. We finally got around to putting the blackout blind back up yesterday so I think that must have stopped the 5.30am wake up. I'm also wondering if she's getting a bit more hungry now that she's active, seeing as she downed that extra bottle, so we're offering her snacks in between meals now too to see if that helps. This morning she polished off some wotsits and a biscotti!

Emma, Hope would not go down last night, we resorted to a drive in the car!!! Her bloody teeth!!!!!

Sorry been AWOL, just been a little busy!!!! I am bit peeved, I bought something off someone on here 2 weeks ago and I still haven't received it, I have pm'd her and she said she had sent it recorded last week, and still it hasn't turned up!! I don't know what else to do lol!!!
On a lighter note my sex drive has returned!!! Ian thinks all his christmases have come at once!!!
We are off to see the vicar this afternoon regarding Hope's christening, I have made him a cake to take!!

Hope you are all well, will have a proper catch up later xxx

Becs if she did recorded delivery I thought you get a serial number that you can check where it is.

Think it must of been awful moon or something last night what with all our Lo's up in the night

Took JJ to see some farm animals today but think he's still abit young still. It's so hot today too. Hope to go back soon once JJ is able to be able to look at the animals

Emzy - why dont you have hollys party on the saturday? Then you can still go and it'll show her that it hasnt bothered you. Holly wont know its not her actualy birthday and if her birthday was mid-week then you'd more than likely have the party at the weekend anyway?

Yaay for sex drive :haha: can she not find it if it's recorded?

SHHHHH with it being hot it's grey rainy and flipping freezing here :cry:

I just looked at the forecast and we only have friday warm :hissy: am thinking about moving I hate the cold!!!!!!

Emzy we have to give Ollie snacks in between meals as he is always hungry he is a lil chunk bless him.

Blob, move to Somerset!!:haha:

I was going to say same, recorded have a serial number which you type in online and it tells you where it is, she can check it hasn't been delivered and refund you:hugs:

:hugs::hugs:

It's been lovely here today! Had my hair done, got a few bits from town and going to do a bit more tidying until lilia goes to bed, then I think I might plonk the boys on the kinect and finish the banner, as the weather is so nice I think I could put it up tomorrow!

Little miss 1 nap a day is hard work now she's turned into an explored, she's realised there is life beyond the sofas and is currently trying to climb the dog.. Said dog is looking at me in fear and waiting for his chance to break free! He's so so good with her! He liked her more when she was static though!

Sorry for selfish post yet again!

I have had a fantastic day. Paige was a dream baby all day. I saw one of the other mums giving her baby beans and sausages on the SS facebook group. I have only ever tried the jars of food stage 2. I have not tried many finger foods as HV said its best to wait till she sits on her own. Now she has been sitting on her own for a few weeks i thought i might as well try something like beans and sausages. I sat there worried about trying it so i text clare (thanks honey) as i realised i didnt know how small to cut up the sausages or how many beans they can safely have. Basic stuff for you guys but for me i really didnt have a clue !!!! she wasnt that interested but we did get some beans and bits of sausages down with no problems, but i was holding my breath with each spoonful.

Blob im so sorry to hear the kind of day your having, big hugs x

YM- is it because she is not hungry, too hungry or just hates food? sorry it didnt go to plan, happy 8 months to Kimi x

BTP- OMG, what a surprise. I have Paiges cot down a level but was thinking of bringing it up as i struggle putting her down when she asleep but after reading your story i think ill leave it and yay to having a bonk !!!! xx

Becs- congrats on wanting to bonk !!! lol have you asked her for the royal mail tracking number? x

Louise- so pleased he will be home by the end of the week.. have you any plans ? I wonder how my dogs will be when Paige is on the hunt x

just a quick question for all the crawlers.. does anyone have wooden floors? how do your babies cope on the hard floor? Also i have dogs which go to the loo in the garden, they have to walk through the living room to get to the kitchen. I am really worried about the floor being dirty and paige crawling all over it. x

Aaah might just have to move it's such shitty weather :cry:

Am so exited looking at making cupcakes for one of my best friends wedding :cloud9: I have sooooo many ideas. Also going to make some amaretto and pineapple cupcakes on Friday.

Oh sorry missed this page.... Ok well rosalie has only ever had finger food or normal food so I'm possibly not one to ask :dohh:

On the crawling well I have stone floors in the whole house rosalie is fine you can get pads for them too though?? Uhrr I have dogs, and live on a farm, I just go with the flow really I'm not too bothered about dirt as it's just part of her life. Her daddy used to come in from the kill and shed want cuddles her immune system has had to work hard :lol:

Yeah go Paige with her beans and sausages! I know it can be really scary when you give them non pureed food. I cringe sometimes with Holly as she really shoves things in her mouth and we don't puree or mash anything these days. Sometimes I cut things up into chunks but mostly she has it as it comes and manages just fine with her 2 teeth. The nursery nurse at clinic said that babies rarely actually choke as their gag reflex is much further forwards than adults and as a result they rarely properly choke, so I don't really worry. I have clued myself up on what to do if a baby chokes and think to myself that if she chokes, I will deal with it.

Thanks for the suggestion Boony. I have thought about that myself but I'm not sure to be honest. I'd much rather have her party on her birthday... but then I don't want to miss the christening :( Oh I dunno. Originally we were hoping to have her naming ceremony on the Saturday and her birthday party on the Sunday. The reason we wanted to do this is because my family live down south and then they would only have to travel up for one thing. But now it's not likely that we'll be able to do the naming ceremony that weekend (unless a miracle happens!) so maybe we could do the party on the Saturday. But I kinda want it on her actual birthday lol

Anyway she went off fairly easily tonight, was in her cot at 8.30 and asleep by 9 and she's woken up once crying but I went in and turned her over and gave her her dummy and she went back to sleep. I really hope she has a better night tonight!

I took a video of Holly crawling earlier. She's really got the hang of it and has been EVERYWHERE today. She's wearing me out! You can see it here https://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=10150653826950473&comments&notif_t=like

If I'm not friends with anyone on FB then add me! x

Ah you have been busy today !

Blob as much as your girls are wearing you out I vet you wouldn't have it any other way ! I much prefer children with character x

Emzy it's so hard isn't it , can you not have one big 1 st birthday party and incorporate some naming day stuff into it? We won't be doing a big birthday party as they are having a christening in July !

Optical mothers cliques are the worst arnt they , playground politics is worse than being at school yourself!

Louise have you burst with excitement yet? :)

I organised a picnic today for my mum and nanny friends we had a lovely day sat out fir hours in very red now! The girls were brilliant very smiley and sociable, they are crawling so fast now and trying to pull themselves up onto everything !
I'm a bit tired now must be all the fresh air ! X

Emzy - Holly is just too adorable...and not long and she'll be walking is my guess....i reckon she'll be walking by 12 months at the latest!!!

LadyK - Kimi just HATES food...the only food we found she likes is toast...but that just ends up as mush.... I dread when it comes to feeding time...because I know most time its going to end in tears (from both of us!)

Today we tried pasta....it went about as well as teaching a dog to speak chinese :nope: I'm really hoping this referral goes through quick but until then, I'm keeping going with it but I really just wanna stop and let her have the bottle which is what she really wants!!

xx

Genies that is a nice idea. We might do just that and have a big party, but the problem is money. The reason we don't think we can do the naming ceremony is that we can't really afford a big party with us both out of work... but we'll think about it I think.

Looove the crawling I need to show roslaie moving she is pretty mental now :haha: I loooove how she claps she is so so so clever.

GG nooooooo wouldn't have it any other way...

Not talking to anyone who talks about the sun until its warm here :sulk:

YM the most important thing is to keep calm she WILL learn to eat soon stop worrying..and make it fun. The more worked up you are the harder it will be for the both of you. When you have breakfast sit her at the table with you and eat together, tell her shes being good ignore anything other than the positives. Every meal you have give her something to play with. Have you tried like strawberries or blueberries? Or weatabix with yoghurt on? They seem to be easy, like weetabix goes mushy and they just put fists in it then taste it. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->