September Stars

Blob - I know what you mean, but she gets sooo stressed and I feel so bad because I know by giving her a bottle she will be happy and content whereas offering her food just makes her unhappy...and its not even attention screaming...its pure sobbing... Its like she fears having food and I dont understand why... I've never forced food down her...never stuffed food into her mouth... most babies would touch their food but Kimi would rather just stare at the floor until I take it away... we did try rusk with her normal formula today so she had the familiar taste of her formula and even that didnt work.... is it possible at 8 months old that a baby isn't ready to be weaned??

Sorry for my rants.... I just dont know who else to turn to!!!

x

My girlies today playing at toddlers :cloud9:

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 7
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 8
Oh my gosh Blob how grown up is Rosalie playing like that!? Sooo cute, awwww :cloud9:

YM I think blob gave some real good advice. Holly is really good with food but I think most of that is because she has always sat at the table with us and we've always given her food to help herself while we eat. At around 7 or 8 months she started refusing to be fed by us on a spoon, clamping her mouth shut and turning away, so I just bought one of those tommee tippee magic mats and a couple of plates and I just give her what we have and she helps herself. Maybe Kimi is the same? The only thing I feed her is cereal, but even then I have started loading the spoon and passing it to her. I think maybe at meal times with you, put a variety of stuff on her highchair and have her sat with you and maybe she will start to pick at stuff. She will get there. You know, they say "food for fun until one" so don't worry, you have plenty of time :hugs:

Ok girls, I have decided to organise a Northern meet! I will be going to the Maidstone meet as I'm down south that week, but there are a bunch that live further North that can't make it that far. So I was thinking of organising a meet up here for those that can't make it. I was thinking of maybe a soft play area in the Manchester area for the first week of July. Can anyone who is interested let me know their availability that week and I will see if I can organise something x

Quick from me. Wayne is still stuck in Afghanistan because the plane is broken :( they're fixing it now but it all depends on whether the uk clear it to fly, otherwise the next flight is tomorrow night and Wayne would be a low priority for that, as r&r people would be 1st priority. So we could be looking at Sunday now unless this plane can fly! PLEASE!

Emzy I would love to come to a northern meet but July would be no good for me I'm afraid! August would suit better! Although I don't know what mums with older children would think to that?!

Louise what a stupid plane ! You would think the army wouldnt have this problem !

Dh just asked ke if I'd move a load of stones in the garden today I don't mind but he does forget I rarely get both asleep at the same time and I don't think they can help much :)

Louise - Noooo hope the plane jets fixed quickly !

GG - I love men when they ask for unrealistic things. DH thinks I can study at same time as lo During the day. I'm sure he thinks I spend all day watching tv ;-)

Blob - I love your girls xxx

Good news from me size 5 huggies stayed dry all night I risked not changing him at 11 to see what happens. I have one happy dry baby !!!

Omg Louise it's just awful for you :hugs: :hugs:

Yaay on the nappy Jelly

YM yes it is totally normal, seriously I say for the next few days just sit her with you when you eat meals. Put things out for her, she's at an age where she can eat normal food anyway. Just put out toast and weetabix and fruit on her highchair and leave her to play with it. Do not try and feed her. If she doesn't eat but doesn't cry then that's improving, next time she might touch it but not eat, time after that she might lick it etc etc it will be slow. I would honnestly say though do not try to feed her for a while she needs to see that food is fun :hugs: :hugs:

HE'S IN CYPRUS! And possibly will land in brize at midnight instead of midday tomorrow!

Ooooooohh Louise :headspin:

YM, I agree with Blob, everything she says is brilliant advice, don't treat food as 'food' feed her her bottle as she wants then when she is full and happy sit her up with you to watch you eat, put the same in front of her let her touch it and play with it, she will start to taste it at some point, I saw something the other day saying children had to taste something a crazy amount of times (18 or something) before they would pick it up without question and eat it!
Rosie doesn't eat meals, she has my milk on demand then sits up at meal times or if i am in the kitchen, and i give her something to hold and try, she sucks at most things and likes to hold a spoon, mainly just to wave around atm! Please don't worry! xx

Manchester is 3 and a half hours for me:nope:, lady k said about Hemel Hempstead and that is 2 and a half hours for me which is more realistic! :thumbup: (although I would need the sat nav for sure!!)
Although I hope I am on for a mini meet with me, Louise and Lady k in Minehead! :thumbup: (I am thinking we will meet July 10th or 11th? in Minehead, was that right? will look into a good place to meet) xx:hugs:

Right off to facebook, got woken up at 3 by dh coming to bed, he disturbed Sophie who got into our bed and woke Rosie and me,:growlmad: it then took 40 mins to settle Rosie who was up at 7, I said he could have xbox night and stay in bed today but I will be in on a regular basis letting Sophie jump over the bed, :yipee:I already set Rosie on him at 7! He can sleep in the spare room if he is up late:growlmad:

Back later xxxx:hugs:

aww BTP I wish you could come to one of the meets :( I don't know why it suggested Hemel Hempsted as a half way point as it's down south, not really all that far from Maidstone in the grander scheme of things lol! I would have thought somewhere in the midlands was more of a middle point between scotland and southern england! I hope that some of the people that can't make the southern meet can make the one in Manchester :)

Louise I'm soooo excited for you!!

With my non driving the southern meet isn't my kind of southern if you know what I mean and ive never been 'up north' in my life we do need a map so we can plot where everyone lives x

Have we organized a date for the Maidstone meet yet???? I'm coming over on the ferry! (btw I hate boats...got this insane titanic fear LMAO) which works out alot cheaper as could stay at my Mum's the night before and jump on the ferry and get a train from Gravesend which works out alot cheaper.... but all depends on where we're meeting too and what time!!!

But I am very excited and so is Kimi... I keep saying she's going to meet Holly, Lilia, James and she screams at me, kicking her legs!! It's going to be soooooo great and a nice break from OH!

Jelly - Have you heard from management about rooms yet???

xx

Ok im not moaning as such but Paige is happier just left to play on her play mat and toys. She used to be hard work to keep entertained now its the complete opposite. I get the house work done (minus hoovering because it scares her) and the last two days i just on the floor with her but she seems happy when she is left to play on her own.
If someone told me i would have a baby like this i would be over the moon but im so bored !!!
My bum hurts with sitting down all day.... i have work tomorrow and at least i will be kept busy..

The 13 year old on the other hand is doing my head in !!!!

Louise great news !! so pleased he is on his way

YM- where do you live?

YM - I'm looking at booking Maidstone YMCA for a room it's 5 minutes from the rail station by car. Im meeting the manager tomorrow morning as she's been off this week and look at two rooms to see which is suitable. Date wise depends what they have available. Any days good or bad for you? I've decided it won't be Saturday 31st as maidstone has a massive river festival where it's a nightmare in town and some roads close etc

Lady k what days are you free first week of august?

Louise yay great news ! Hope you've be pampering yourself for when he's home ;-)

Lady k, You have sneaked in and swapped my placid little happy baby to this high maintainance baby I have now! Rosie is SO clingy, i cant do anything without her on my lap or clamped to me!
I have just peeled spuds with her within a foot of me in the high chair!
She is curently trying to reach any key she can on laptop!
:haha::hugs:

BTP- Oh dear : ( Im used to hard work babies... she has been hard to keep happy since she was born and there i was worried she may have what Jake has !!! Yes im coming to see you on the 11th and i cant wait !!!

Jelly- 2 8 9 11 16 17 27 August i can do and maybe some other days as i have holiday leave left x

BTP -Maybe we could mention it as a west of england meet ??

Right im bored im going to bath her, it gives me something to do... she will be crawling soon and it will be a nightmare so i will make the most of this while i can cause soon ill be posting how much hard work she is again... do you think its a girl thing ? x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->