September Stars

yep me again, i have way to much time on my hands. I didnt post this because i didnt want to jinx it but the last 9 days Paige goes straight to sleep, since she was born we have had to walk up and down the hallway for at least 20 mins each time we put her down to sleep. Last week i put her down in the cot before i walked her as there was someone at the door, instead of screaming she just rolled over and went to sleep !!!! I cried with happiness and every night since she has done this. She was a little madam up until a couple of days ago but she has had a cold... Maybe this is what normal babies are like !! i have read about these babies, the times i used to read some of your post green with envy, I now own one myself !!! i just hope its here to stay.

Lady k that's excellent news ! Paige really seems to have settled now :)

LadyK - I'm in Essex... Basildon but I've been looking at getting the ferry from Tilbury to Gravesend as my mum lives in Tilbury!!

Jelly - The only day I know I can't do in August is past the 17th as will be (hopefully) moving and is family birthdays one after the after practically!

Louise - Great news!!! I am super duper excited for you!!!! A few hours and he will be back where he belongs :)

Well, I popped in to see my HV today and my old one was there and she was brilliant and is doing a referral to the feeding and swallowing team for me, but this could take over a week so I'm going to take all your advice and start again tomorrow with a fresh start and fresh look on it.... I know she can do it and as long as she tries something, then I am not going to worry... I'm going to keep it as fun and light as possible!!!

So for tomorrow we're going to do this 'approx' routine depending on when she wakes up etc!!

6am - Weetabix with formula
7am - 5oz bottle
12pm - Sandwich (cheese spread), some carrot sticks and a few wotsits with 5oz juice/water
5pm - Baby lasagne followed by mini roll with 5oz bottle
9pm - Bath
9.30pm - Bottle then bed!

Sound okay? Any suggestions or amendments will be greatly appreciated! I feel very out of my depth because I just dont know what to do!

Thanks

x

Ym, perhaps plonk a few cubes of cheese, a couple of wotsits, some little rounds of banana, cheerios, carrot etc in the high chair and just sit next to her like blob said just cheering her on! I wouldn't worry about amounts or what she has, as she needs to start feeling comfortable with food.. Only my opinion but I feel she maybe has an issue with food now but probably associated with the spoon rather than the food itself, so baby led might be the way forward for you?

Ohhh I didnt think of blocks of cheese... I will be doing a big shop next week so will get some more fruit and vegetables... what fruit/veg can they have and what cant they have??

I think I need some help here!!! :(

xx

Yep Louise, I still live here - have done all my life. And great news about Wayne... bet you're soooooo excited!!!!! :happydance:

Emzy - a northern meet sounds FAB!! I could easily do manchester but i'm on honeymoon from 29th June - 10th July. I'm free most other weeks in the year though (and yep, i'm aware how sad that sounds :dohh:).

I could also make any midlands-type meets... anywhere within 3-ish hours really but more than that is a little too far.

As for the feeding thingy, It was my pic of Whizzy with the beans and sausages :D I give her them whole, and she just pics them up as and when she wants and munches them. She gets absolutely covered, but like Holly she just prefers to eat by herself... Tonight she had the same as us, sat outside in her high chair. YM like others have all said, I really think that you should just give her what you have... Just pop it on her high chair and let her squish it between her fingers and get it in her hair. She'll come round hun :hugs:

As for Izzy's christening, we're not having a big party. We're going to get them baptised after mass one sunday (emma too) and just go for a meal with those closest or have a few sandwiches and a cake at ours. We're planning on doing it once the wedding is over and done with. Plus it really works out great with us for birthday parties - Emma's is 22nd aug, izzy's is 29th so we'll just do it in the middle for both of them :)

Sorry blob, but i've gotta say that today has been just LOVELY. I mowed the lawn and have spent most of the day with the girls in the garden. My legs ae KILLING from my run yesterday, so i've just taken it easy - had a walk to drop some dry-cleaning off and nip to tescos for tea but that was about it :)

It's Chris' stag do tomorrow - except he's having a joint one with his mate who is getting married 2 weeks after us, so it's a 2 night thing. They are off to Newcastle tomorrow, then out local to Wakefield on saturday night. I dread to think of the state he's gonna come home in!

Izzy was really hard work yesterday - must be something in the air eh? She screamed all day... from waking up to me going out for a run - funnily enough as soon as daddy looked after her she was an angel! She's been a little better today, but i've been giving her calpol cos her ear seems to be hurting. She doesn't have any teeth yet, so one has to come through soon!

Hope you've all had a fab day :flower:

Izzy LOVES banana. That's a really good one to just give them whole, cos it's really soft. She had tomato (she sucks the pips out and chews the skin and spits it out) and cucumber tonight too.

Carrot is good cut into sticks and boiled till soft... And Izzy likes mash - although I think she likes squidging it through her fingers more than eating it :)

Errrrm... you could do butternut squash... boiled apple... pretty much anything really I guess. Izzy just has a plate with whatever we have on it, and if it doesn't look like she's eaten much I might give her a jar next mealtime. Good luck :)

YM- The routine sounds good to me, im not the best one to advise on finger food, i have just found out we can give cheese and carrot sticks !!! i have only ever done baby jar foods stage by stage. Have you tried baby jars? i knew a baby once who only ever eat the pudding baby jars, wouldnt touch finger foods.

Optical- it was you !!!! yes it was your photo that made me realise i should give it ago.. I was so worried she would choke.... I really need to research about finger foods more, i honestly dont have clue !! x

We have not touched any jars or tins, i bough loads in anticipation of weaning but it is just not starting that way!
Tonight Rosie squidged up roast potato, a bit of sausage, but she only tried to eat the potato.

Ok the 11th it is in Minehead, it can be an 'official' meet if you like, who wants to post it on the Stars fb page? So far then its 3 mummies and 3 little pinkly's. (baby girls)
Will look at where we can meet, if its nice the beach? (well a coffee place or eating place first then go to the beach?) Not sure if there is a soft play anywhere but my friend little girl just broke her leg at a soft play a few days ago so not so keen atm!!

Rosie is trying to crawl, she sits and leans forward as much as she can, then bounces, then there is a muffled thud as she tips onto the floor and then crying!! Poor baby, so frustrated!

Right off I go, early night after fb for me!

Night, night, :hugs::hugs:

Opti :sulk:

YM sounds good like louses thoughts too, I just put what I have there out I have no idea how much she eats compared to throws in the floor :dohh:

Awww BTP so cuuuute

Optical- it was you !!!! yes it was your photo that made me realise i should give it ago.. I was so worried she would choke.... I really need to research about finger foods more, i honestly dont have clue !! x

You're not alone Kara...I have no idea on anything...I'm just going with the flow...letting her decide when she sleeps...when she wakes up...when she naps... but I really need to get a routine ready so when Pip is here...its easier to slot in (well hopefully lol)

x

Btp and kara we are in minehead then and it should be fine.. Is that the Saturday? We have a family homecoming party that day which I imagine will be afternoon/evening time which I really really should be at! I should be ok for a couple of hours morning/ lunchtime though.. But we're there from Wednesday 6th till the 13th and the first couple of days we're not much planned so could meet up with one or other of you then if I can't make the Saturday... Kara we're 10 minutes walk from butlins.. As you drive down to minehead and turn right at the roundabout to go to seafront/butlins, if you go straight on at the roundabout they live maybe half a mile down the road if that, at a place called silvermead (it's a carehome for the elderly, waynes mum is head warden and they have s flat in there!)

I am so excited everytime I think about it I feel like I might wet myself!

Louise- the 11th of july should be a monday as im there from the monday before till monday the 11th.... i totally share your knicker wetting.. im soooooooooooooooooooo excited.. I have only been to butlins at minehead once back in 1996..so dont know it very well but we will be out geocaching in the area over that week

Would inviting others make it more complicated ? I think meeting on the beach if the weather is good a great idea !!!! as i dont know the area i dont know what a back up place would be best.

Oh July, I was thinking it was June! Doh! I don't know then as I'll be working and it's a long old way for a weekend!

Lady k im glad Paige is being easy enjoy it while you can she will be slamming her door and bringing home boys before you know it :)

Ym your routine sounds fine to me you know kimi best x

Well I moved all the slate in the garden as dh requested and I dug laid paving and re did a shingle bed I was so determind to show him I could do it , the girls were so good which helped me! It was only this evening they were playing with the cat bowls and chewing the sun cream :)

Well done gg that is very impressive! I'm trying to work out how to fit in bath and pampering tomorrow morning with lilia, and you managed all that with 2!

Can't sleep. Too excited. And extremely nervous!

Lilia won't touch jars.. I've tried two or three times, and it doesn't matter what it is, shed simply not interested! I thought it might make things easier if we're out but to be honest it's not a problem, I keep food portions in little bowls in the freezer and just stick one of those in her bag! She obviously prefers mummy's cooking! Mad really as she's loved my chicken dinners but ellas kitchen chicken dinners she turns her nose up at! She loves the fruit pots though.

Right need to attempt sleep as he'll be home TODAY!!!! Not till about 4/5 though :( going to be a looooooooooong day!

:happydance:Louise I've just fainted with excitement when you said those magic words .... He's home today :happydance::kiss::happydance::flower::happydance::thumbup::happydance::sex::happydance::shower: :happydance::cake::happydance::plane::happydance::yipee::yipee::yipee::yipee::wohoo::wohoo:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->