September Stars

That's fantastic news Emzy, it's about time you and Matt received some good news!!

GG - you will have to post a pic on FB of the keyring, hope the weather is good for Sunday xx

Becs, yay! I hope you get to move soon.x

Emzy, yay, enjoy the new job.x

I've been to tesco too, not much for Sophia there though but plenty for the 3 oldest. The 50% off ison tomorrow too and they have 20% of school wear, got my 3 year old her nursery uniform, <3.

I'm on late tonight!! We've been to a wedding reception, one of the girls from my breastfeeding group when Jack was a baby. Obviously I was the driver, so DH had a couple of pints, but it was a fab reception. The couple have got 3 children under 4, so the whole thing was planned round them. Bride looked like a princess, she had the whole works, but come 9 o clock, and lifesize Mickey and Minnie Mouse came out to dance with the kids and give them sweets!! The little ones just loved it. It was nice to catch up with my lovely friends, and a girls night out was planned, which I think I may just be ready for!!!

Emzy, fab news on the job! Meant to ask how Matt's doing in his search? Enjoy your time away, loving the pics of Holly's tea party on FB. x

Feeling a bit crap about the whole Fathers day thing!! We only really do cards these days, but I bought DH a "world's best Daddy" certificate and a couple of nice beers, and I did do a fab moonpig card!! GG, your keyring sounds great!!! x

Becs, good news about the move. xx

Hmmmm Tesco may have to be investigated tomorrow!! The kids could do with some school uniform! x

Night ladies, mwah! x

Hey ladies :)

Thanks for asking Jelly... The docs took some blood but I won't have the test results back until next Fri - the day before the wedding :dohh:

Basically, they have no idea what's causing it, so are testing for a list if things as long as my arm. One of which, I saw, was pregnancy... even though i've said that I haven't missed a period, and I did one of my old cheapie tests before I went to the docs just so I didn't look like an idiot. Plus, it;s the wrong place for pregnancy bloat. And it'd be a pretty much miracle conception with how much me and OH dtd!!!

Kinda related... I tried my dress on today, and it doesn't fit. :nope: It fastens, but I seriously can't breathe in it and would be majorly uncomfortable all day. The waist clincher actually made it harder to fasten too. Thankfully, my mum is amazing on her sewing machine and is taking it out for me, but I still had a good cry. I sooooo wanted to be a size 12 for my wedding day - especially as I was an 8/10 before having Izzy :cry:

And to make it worse, there's nothing I can do about it. dieting won't help - it's the bloating that's doing it cos it fit fine a month ago and I weighed the same then as I do now. I'm still gonna try and starve for the next week, but I think i've gotta face the fact it's gonna be let out :cry:

In other news, I'm also full of cold. I've just got back from the cinema - kids are at Father in law's, so we made the most of it. We went to see the hangover 2 which was good - I needed a laugh after the dress fitting. But sitting in a cramped, stuffy cinema really did me no favours... And probably didn't do all the other people any who will now have caught cold from me. Ooops! I wasn't even that bad before I went in, but now I feel like shite and my head is full of it. Hope it goes by next weekend.

Emzy - I saw on fbook - congrats!!!!!! :happydance: - what exactly is it you're doing?

Jelly - your Oh is sooo lucky to have someone as understanding as you - is he out on the piss all weekend? I so wouldn't stand for that!

Becs - yey for being top of the list! I know it can take years to get there so that;s great news!

:hi: to all you other fab ladies!

I'm off to go curl up and feel sorry for myself now... :sad1:

Hugs Opti, hope your cold shifts quick as it can, last thing you need! And as for your dress, I know it must be bloody horrible when you had a goal and were doing so well before the bloating, but you'll look soooo lovely! Hugs, x

Awwww Opti that's rubbish for you :( glad you're moving it tho. I was fitted at a 10 and then was 15 weeks pregnant soooooooo uncomfortable.

So is that your wedding on the 25th??? :shock:

GG I got the same from Ann :thumbup:

Yep, I'm getting married a week today :wacko:

And I still feel like poo :sad1:

I'm gonna have ANOTHER fitting today as my mum says she needs me to confirm a bit before she lets it out.

Asher - just read your post from last night - that micky and minnie mouse sounds great! There aren't many kids coming to ours. I tried, but apart from Emma and Isabelle, everyone else wants their kids to go home to family members / babysitters so they can have a drink!

Hi Ladies, just packing up the kitchen so a very quick hi from me.
Just to let you know I am still reading and still around. xx

Lots of weddings going on atm but i suppose it is the wedding season!
Good luck Opti for getting in your dress and for a great day, I cqan only see the bloat being an intolorance to something, causing a swelling which is looking and feeling like bloat :shrug: The usual suspects are wheat, gluten that sort of thing, perhaps if you lay off bread this week just eat fruit, veg, potato is a carb should b ok, b a bit bland but may help your tummy and the bloat and you feel a bit better on the day xx:hugs:

I am lucky when i got married Sophie was 10 months which had been enough time to get into my dress, I did a bit of jogging for a few weeks just to make sure it was comfy! I had it fitted as i am pretty small boobed, even with a padded bra! and the boddice was too big so my dress making lady re did the zip, which i broke, just being too rough with it:blush: and took it all in at the same time, it was lovely, the dress came from China and so i was lucky it fitted so well because i hadn't tried it on.

Saw your fb Emzy, what will you be doing, I see Amy got a job too, will you be working together or was it just an intake over the whole company? Good Luck for the 4th! xx:hugs:

Blob, at 15 weeks i never would have got into a 10, I squeezed into my size 8 maternity jeans for all of about 6 weeks i think before my thunder thighs got the better of them!!:hugs:

Asher, that wedding sounds lovely, it's so nice when couples have children and understand the needs of their guests!
We were invited to a wedding this summer, and then the groom emailed dh and said the seating didn't allow for the children so we were kind on uninvited as not taking the children was not an option, I was annoyed because i said if they couldn't afford to seat children (which is what it boiled down to) then they should have said don't give a present pay for the children's places instead, which i would have gladly done, but they were young, with no kids so perhaps one day when they have children they will know how it sounded to me! :nope:

Sophie slept right through our wedding! :cloud9:

Snoozie, my 3yr old starts pre school in Sept, but I think they just have sweaters rather than a uniform, I know 20% is good, but it is still a bad idea running it with the 50% because it looks poor against it!! I will get uniform when i am better organised!:hugs:

I have done dh his usual snapfish picture mug, got him a moonpig card from both the girls, Sophie's is really funny i put a pic of them both with their best grumpy faces and it looks funny, he will love it!
I have also done a pic of the girls together with hand prints underneath and that's all framed, and a best Daddy Tshirt, which Sophie picked out, so he is pretty spoilt really, good job its not husbands day:haha:

Time to go, the children have gone to their Dad'd which i was not expecting but he is more local now and has a house as opposed to the caravan so he wants them all the time he can! Its nice because he has missed out the last few years when he met this woman he married, she was not keen on the kids, so glad he binned her because the kids get treated like they should by him and they really want to see him.

Back soon, got a lovely vid to download to fb, Rosie playing a game with Daddy, will do it asap!

xxxxxxxxxx:hugs::hugs:

Im watching my best mate do the race for life tomorrow morning then off to see my dad, which reminds me i have presents from the kids to wrap !

Grant was on the news about the fire in heathrow... but now he he passed his emergancy driving course he has to be the driver for two weeks so he got stuck on the truck while the others went and played with the fire... at least i knew he was safe.

BTP - thanks for letting me know about tesco sale.. i ran up stairs to get ready to go to tesco and realised i can do it on line !!!! lol x

Becs thats great news honey, is this through the army or council ? x

Emzy Yay and congrats babe !!!! very proud of you x

Optical- im sorry to hear its not going well : ( i hope you find out whats causing the problems... but on a happier note.. its only a week till the wedding woop woop x

anyone else watch one born every minute USA .... as always bigger and better their version... now its broody thursdays !!! xx

I watched it lady k but found it so clinical over in USA. It just seemed weird watching it..... I'll still be watching it next week though. When you see those little newborns though so adorable. xx

Tabs starts pre pre school :rofl: kinda exited for her she knows all the other children so shell have a great time.

I made a cake for Robin it's so yuuuummmmyy going to have to be careful not to out weight back on :haha:

Aaaah my keyring is so nice :wohoo:

I didn't watch it I'd just get pissed off and start shouting at the tv :haha:

Blob - you would of been screaming ! One couple had a doula and wanted everything as natural as possible. The hospital just weren't used to it at all and some staff were almost rolling there eyes at them for not wanting pain relief.

Your cakes always look great -

Hey ladies!!!

I didn't watch OBEM!!! I know they like to push drugs in the US!!

Its been on and off raining her all bloody day!!!

Hope is trying so hard to walk, she is so independant and has changed so much!! She claps when you say she is clever and shouts yay back at you!!! Lots of recognisable words too!! Daddy is a favourite and Murph!!

Becs I've been trying to show JJ how to clap but he's so not interested. Hope looks like she's really on the move now seems to love your fire place !

Weather has been rubbish here too which I find funny as dh has been outside all day watching racing cars.

Apparently in USA they rarely use gas and air, just use epidurals and at an early stage too they almost book them in with one!

I saw OBEM, it felt very alien and so different to our midwifery system. LOVED the drama lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->