September Stars

It really is, I can't wait. Wowsers that really was a quick labour !

I know it was because I was induced and had 2 pessarys. I was expectin him to arrive after midnight nut he was impatient and came at 7.08pm instead and hes been impatient

Were the hospital surprised how quickly he came? Did that mean you had no pain relief ? When did your waters go? How long were you pushing? Was 2nd time round easier than 1st?

Sorry so many questions but I can't imagine being so quick ....

The midwife didn't believe me when I said I needed to push. I had pethidine at 4cms but it wouldn't have even got into my system ny the time he arrived. I was pushing for 6 minutes and my waters went with the first push. First time was less painful but went on for longer but Tyler.was a lot more painful but obviously shorter. I'd much rather have another labour like tylers though. I tore with Jayden but not with Tyler and recovered much faster with Tyler too.
Plus Tyler was born during visiting hours so I quickly rang my sister to bring Jayden to the hospital and he met his little brother at just 20 minutes old x

Oh excellent, hope you have another good birth this time. Must of been lovely having Jayden there so soon after Tylers arrival!

Boony, do you mean your entire labour start-to-finish was 38 minutes?
Or your delivery (pushing) was 38 minutes?
I wasn't totally clear on that.
It took me ages to dilate with the induction, but once I was there, it was 20 minutes to push Tobes out. I am a very efficient pusher-outer! :)

And Boony, I'm so excited for you! A beautiful baby girl :cloud9:

Morning girls!

Hope you're all well? I'm back at home now after a 10 day visit at my Mum and Dad's in Kent. Had a great time, Holly was a little star and loved showing off and generally entertaining everyone!

What have a missed? I've been reading and posted a few times but not been able to keep up like I usually do.

Starting my job a week from tomorrow, argh! I'm already fretting about leaving Holly every evening, I'm going to miss her so much. But I keep telling myself that I'm not missing much time with her at all, maybe 3 or 4 hours before she goes to bed but that's all. The problem is, my fave part of the day with her is dinner time, play time, bath time, bottle then bed and I will be missing that all week now :cry: I'll just have to try and find a new favourite time!

Still no luck for Matt on the job front. He's applied for quite a few but not even getting any replies, it's so disappointing. I think he's starting to feel a bit down about it now.

And we decided that we will have to cancel going to Paris too. I spoke to my new job and they said they are ok with me having the holiday, but we can't even afford to send off for my new passport. So my Dad said he'd cancel that, but as he was going to pay for a hotel for us he is paying for our train tickets down to Kent at the end of July and we are going to stay with them in Bournemouth for a week instead! Yay!

Unfortunately Jelly, I think this will mean I can't come to the meet up. It all depends when he books it for, but I think he had that week in mind :( I will let you know when I find out what he has booked. I hope I can still come as I am looking forward to it!!!

As for meet ups, I've only had 3 people say they want to come to the northern meet!! No other takers? It won't be worth booking an area at the soft play for just 4 of us. I don't mind if people would rather organise it for somewhere else? Any ideas of where more people could get to?

xx

Oh and I forgot, I got a call from John Lewis last week and iCandy have fixed my pram! They left me a voicemail and they said that iCandy said there was meant to be a charge as the wheels were heavily worn, but JL disputed it and they have done it free of charge. They have replaced the back wheels as well! Going to pick it up later today I think! Can't wait to get it back. I liked the Buzz but I much prefer mine!!

LadyK on the subject of prams, I was in London the other day and sooo many people had those Stokke prams, I kept thinking of you! I don't see them very much up here, but loads of people in London had them x

No my labour from 4cms to 10cms and baby out was 38 minutes and i pushed for 6 minutes. I only pushed for 28 minutes with Jayden aswell sip I must also be a good pusher outer lol

Oh my gosh Boony I'm so jealous! My labour was 24 hours from first contraction, 10 and a half hours from 5cm to 10cm, then 2 hours pushing!! I must be an inefficient pusher outer!!

I'd meet at a northern one?? When is it??

BTP hope you feel better

Boony ooooh hope you have a labour like that again :shock: cant believe it's gone so fast!! I had a really short labour with Tabs and really long with Rosalie until she got to 6cm then was about 15-20mins till she was born and one push. Kneeling and letting my body do everything until the head :)

Hi,

Feeling better bit still a bit spaced, dh keeps asking if i am ok, but i am just a bit tired and worn out from it!
I have sneaked upstairs, Rosie entertaining herself next to me in her cot, she has suddenly become really mobile now she is crawling properly, she is trying to pull herself up on things already. She says yes all the time, it is like 'yah' so you talk to her and she says 'yah, yah, yah, yah' like she is agreeing!

No, Fishy not preggers, I really wouldn't mind if i was but the coil is very good, i had one in for 5 years with not so much as a hint of pregnancy and had it out and was pregnant the first month.
I think I am much less fertile now, took 3 months ttc Sophie, 9 months ttc Rosie, think now it would be pot luck! We agree we have enough together and between us, once the sleepless nights are done with Rosie it is nice to think I am done with the up every hour or 2! :hugs:

Boony, my second and third sound similar, I had pessarys with them both, one was 6 hour labour but pushed for seconds and he came out in one big push, my next was 3 hour labour and came out just as quick, and was more painful because it was faster labour, it was so intense I could not catch a breath between contractions.
My next was really nice, natural, calm and Rosie I am not sure what happened, my cervix wouldn't thin, and she was just stuck there trying to come! :shrug: It is so exiting waiting for your baby girl, and time has flown, well for me! :hugs:

Anyway I have to go and move the cot down, madam is showing me why she has out grown the high level, and b4 she goes flying over the top I had netter move it!

Back later xxxx:hugs:

Oh ps yes I want one of those little dogs too, how cute!!!

And I am still ok for the Monday 13th to meet, will sort it soon as away next week :hugs:

Hey ladies! :hi:

Emzy... Glad you have had a good time away... the pic of Holly in her first shoes is gorgeous! Good news about your pram too. I'd love to come to the northern meet, but none of the dates are very good for me i'm afraid, I'm away until the 10th july, then on 16th we're off to a wedding and the day after i@ll probably be waaaay too hungover to be able to drive! If you end up having it another time though let me know :thumbup:
BTP - i'd love to be so close to glastonbury! have you ever got a day pass or a few and just stayed at home?

Lady k - :hugs: hope you get things sorted with Jake and your fridge soon.

Asher - :hugs: she sounds completely and utterly mental! Have things calmed down any yet?

Firstbean - great stuff for your tax credits pennies :thumbup:

Boony - wow - 38 mins labour?! :shock: And I thought mine was fast with Izzy! I managed at home until 6cms, got in hospital around 4pm and she was born at 5.09pm. Be careful with this LO - you don't wanna have her in the car! :haha:

Well, as for me, I got a new pedal bin yesterday. It's lovely, and has a special spring in it that stops it from banging shut.

Oh yeah, and I GOT MARRIED!!!!!! :wedding: :happydance::wedding: :happydance: :wedding::happydance:

It was by far THE best day of my life. I can't believe how nervous I was before, I felt sooo sick. My mum had booked a surprise for me too - I thought I was getting a classic car but a horse and carriage turned up instead! The church service went sooo quickly (especially for a Catholic one lol), and the weather was gorgeous for the photos. Then we went to our reception and it didn't look like the same place - my family had done a great job, we had a HUGE balloon arch, and the cake was gorgeous. My dad's and the best man's speeches were good, but chris' was amazing. In it he talked about how emma came into his life, and thanked her for accepting him and loving him so much because, without her love, he wouldn't be there today. There wasn't a dry eye in the house!

Then we had a singer for an hour singing some older songs (and a few chart too) before our live band set up. They were awesome!!! Chris is really good at playing the guitar, so he got up and played some jimi hendrix with them too. We had a huge chocolate fountain, and hot food buffet. It was great.

Although, I am a little concerned that I made a tit of myself. The demure bride completely flew out of the window when the band played Basket Case by Green Day, but I soon realised that dancing to it in my wedding dress with heels was a bad idea and landed flat on my arse. :blush:

Anyway, I'm blabbing on. Pics will be on Fbook as soon as I get them... Can't wait to see them! Our photographers took LOADS and we get them all on a cd with permission to print as many as we want.

Dh is just on xbox, and i'm chilling, but i'd better get tidying as we'll get kids back soon. Hey - DH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! not OH!!!!!!!!! :wedding: :happydance:

I'm on :cloud9:

Opti - big congratulations sounds like a fantastic day :hugs: can't wait to see some pics! When are you off on honeymoon - and where ?

Btp - glad your feeling better xx

Hi ladies, sorry for being so crap at posting but it's been manic since Wayne got back, visiting family then being back at work, and I don't get to see lilia in the morning before I go as she isn't up! Then I only get about an hour before she goes to bed :( but she's getting some lovely daddy and daughter bonding time... Though he says it's harder work than afghan! I have been reading though but so many personals to do it seems an impossible task!

Congrats opti, can't wait to see photos!!

Btp I suffer migraines too, horrible things. Glad your dh was so sweet about his girls, hope things get sorted with DS and him x

Becs glad you got the move you wanted (and needed I think!) hope things start getting easier but glad you're feeling a bit better x

Emzy yay for starting work tomorrow! Hope it goes well, but boo for not being able to make the meet! Hope matt finds something soon!

Asher I agree it sounds like you're all better off out of it with sil from hell! Hopefully soon your bil will realise what she really is!

Jelly only 4 weeks tomorrow till I move woop woop! Hope you're getting ready for me!

Kara pants about your fridge freezer, don't know how I would cope without mine !!

Mind has gone blank.. Will try to do more when I can. I got told on Monday, first day back, that I'm to lead a school trip to the theatre on Friday in Lowestoft, will be great for the kids but that's me organising a trip for 50 kids on my first day back after almost a year since I last taught! Plus we won't get back to school till 7pm so the earliest I'll be home is 8, lilia will be in bed by then so I'll miss her completely :(

Hope everyone is well and enjoying the sunshine! Xx

Great to see you Louise ! I'm already and waiting for you :). That's abit mean of work to make you organise the trip when you've only got back ( is it the case of drawing the short straw?) . At least it's only for a couple of weeks.

Emzy - hope you can make it if not next time your down in dartford we can meet up as long as it's a Friday as I'm back at work beginning of September 4 days a week boo. Hope Matt finds something soon, maybe he should write a book on the mans perspective of raising a child? I think he'd be great

I remember more!

Booby congrats on being third tri WOW! That's gone quick!!! My labour was slightly longer than yours, 34 hours from waters breaking, 11 hours from 4cm and 2 hours pushing.. So another inefficient pusher outer!

After having one quick labour with Jake and being 4cm dilated with Paige for 2 weeks they said i have good cervix for giving birth !! what ever that means.. The nurses told me on my next one i am to tell the MW to do more regular checks as i dilate really quickly and with Paige they didn't bother checking, they checked once !!! one of the MW said i could have been ready to push for hours before hand but because i was then given a epidural they had to let that wear off before pushing.

Seems there is a lot of us with money problems, sounds awful but im glad im not the only one feeling the pinch... We used to have money left over at the end of the month but now we are always in our over draft, i dont know why its suddenly got really bad.

Optical- so pleased the day went well... did anyone happen to get your fall on video ; ) cant wait to see the photos x

Emzy- gutted you may not be able to make the meet up :cry: .... but understand why... I was told central London are stokke mad... i still don't know how to get on a train with a pram, i just cant see how people do it. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->