September Stars

Jelly, quick question- how far is the YMCA from Maidstone West train station? I may be able to get a lift back, but I'm going to have to get the train as my sister has to work now. Is it walkable? x

It's about 2 miles from the station, it would take a good 45 mins uphill. I can pick you up from the station as I have a second car seat that Holly can use.

Aw that's really kind of you, but I may be travelling up with youngmummy! If I don't end up travelling with her then I will take you up on your kind offer. I'm not sure what her plans are as I was originally getting a lift and picking her up on the way, but I can't get a lift there now, only home. Let me see what she says first. Is it any nearer to Maidstone east? X

All three stations in Maidstone are fairly close together. West and east are both in the town. There's taxis at both stations. Someone else might help with a lift too

Was just going to ask if any of the others coming to the meet would be able to help by going youngmummy a lift from the station? She is going to get the ferry to gravesend, then join my train and travel the rest of the way with me. Another option is if anyone is going via gravesend that could pick her up from the ferry?

Emzy I'll post on FB :)

Edit - hadn't realised you had already posted :blush:

Hiya ladies, sorry to have been out so long, been super busy! I've been doing my best to come on each day and see what's going on, just not been able to post and say hi!!

Hugs to all, good to see everyone's doing well. Sounds as though plans are coming together for the Southern meet!! How exciting!! Emzy, we'll have to push on with this Stockport one. As I said before, depending on when it is, I am happy to pick people up if I can, am just limited in terms of carseats.

Hope things are going well with work Emzy, have been following on FB!

YM, fab weight gain for Kimi!!! xx

Nothing much going on here apart from having a busy week. Kids finish for the summer next Wednesday. I was in work Tues this week for a study day, and then yesterday to sort out my hours for going back, I'm officially back 20th Sept after taking some annual leave.
I've also been listing loads of baby stuff on ebay this week. It all needs to go!! A few bits have made it to the loft, but we've said if we do have another baby, which is unlikely, we'll have to rebuy some stuff.
We've also now got Tiger Woods golf for the wii, so we're addicted, hence not been around!! I'm sure it will soon become boring!

Goodnight all, hope little ones sleep well! x

Asher - I used to love playing tiger woods on the playstation. Might see if they have it on the xbox ;-)

JJ - has started crying whilst eating organix carrot stixs and sweetcorn rings. Can only assume it's some teeth giving him jip ? He's also got in a habit of having his big sleep later in the day. Today I put him down at 2pm and he didn't wake until 5.15pm so I decided nit to give him tea and just added an extra oz in his bottle. By 7ish his normal bed time he was ready for bed again and went to sleep straight away. Do you think it's another growth spurt? Makes me wonder how he will cope at nursery with his bizarre napping times

Jelly Layla has been crying with her biscuits and cheerios I think it's teeth too she loves her food usually !

Asher enjoy the golf :)

Btp in going to give your cinnamon a go next time I'm usually a vanilla latte girl !

All the meet talk is depressing I have to work out how to put them both on a train then anyone fancy a meet ? X

I've been out tonight for a Thai cooked by my Thai friend at work she dud food for the whole team it was so lovely ! She even made dh a take away !

Layla is still out of sorts but she had s lovely day with nanny and meily enjoyed a day with my friend they didn't miss each other !

I love Thai food, sounds like you had a good evening.

It's good the girls can be with other people without any trouble.

SS meet in August- Im trying to get someone to look after Jake that day as its too long to leave him alone, which means i should have two places in the car free, i know you can fit two babies in the back but not sure how much room in the middle there will be but its only a short car ride and i can bring the extra car seat too.

BTP- i have voiced my concerns when it comes to not letting parents know of dangerous people living and hanging around schools. I dont feel they let parents know enough let alone quick enough. There was a attempted snatch of a baby and they only sent a letter to one school and handed it out to parents. What about the fact they are babies and not every parent has a older child in school who will be warned. This really upsets me but no one seems to care what i think at work... it wont be until something happens and it will be looked into.. x

Lafyk would you kindly be able to pick up young mummy and kimi from the station? She will have her car seat on her travel system. I'm asking for her as she can't get online! If you can I'll let you and Jelly know what time our train gets into Maidstone x

BTP pleased Rosie is ok now, poor love i bet it was really scary for you both :hugs:

fell abit sad that i carnt go to either meets but looking forward to seeing all the gorgeous pic's you are all going to take :thumbup:

these babies are too inderpendant to want to sleep in their prams, scared they might miss something & Blob thats what i did with bethany straped her in & kept walking :haha:

Asher Andrew loves tiger woods on the ps3 bet it's even more fun on the Wii?

As our LO's 1st Birthdays are going to be soon upon us, what is everyone's plans?

We're having a little party for Holly at home and hopefully putting a gazebo up in the garden if it's nice. We're having a princess theme and a friend of ours is making a fairytale castle cake :)

Lafyk would you kindly be able to pick up young mummy and kimi from the station? She will have her car seat on her travel system. I'm asking for her as she can't get online! If you can I'll let you and Jelly know what time our train gets into Maidstone x

Just spoke to my dad who said he will come and check on Jake in the afternoon so we wont need to bring him... So yes we can pick up YM :happydance: xx Grant got excited when i said he could go off geocaching after he has dropped us off. The smallest things make him happy..lol xx

Kara - You are a star!!!!! I was going to bring my travel system with car seat as Emzy's mum was going to drop me back off to Gravesend so I can get home...but all depends on how big your boot is and that! If it is small... I will use your car seat and bring the little stroller and just get a train back to Gravesend...

Emzy - Can you let me know what train you're getting as I can plan ferry times to sort that out??

Thanks for sorting this out girls :)

x

Daisybell - I haven't made any birthday plans yet :blush: I'm at work on his birthday so was hoping to maybe get family together at the weekend problem is our house is so small we can't have many people round at the same time so might have the grandparents at different times

Brilliant on the pick up Kara ! Just need a pick up for Laura now hopefully Louise or fishy can do it. Lady k hope Grant enjoys himself !

Ladyk,
I agree parents are always the last to know, we live in a pretty quiet area but all the same its quiet little places that get on the map for child abduction or worse.
We roamed freely as kids from dawn til dusk, and it is sad our children don't have the same freedom, however I am not sure I would allow the freedom my Mum did to me!
When I had my eldest the week b4 there had been a newborn taken from the same hospital so I was really aware and have never left the baby for a second in hospital when i had them, the last 2 I have taken everywhere with me, even in the cot to the shower room, I still saw visitors roaming freely and it all seemed too easy to me:shrug:

4 days left then 7 weeks off!:happydance: I like i can laze in bed, and hopefully the children will be happy enough with the few things i have planned for them, I have just cleaned the 'doing' unit out with pens, pom poms, glue, paper, pipe cleaners, glitter, googly eyes, you name it! Plasticine in one drawer, and moon sand, its the girls who will mainly use it. I usually get a few new dvd's so that is rainy days sorted, I also have the railway membership to take them for a picnic on the steam train, and must catch up with friends and they have children so that ends up an all day event!

Genies, I do love cinnamon so that is my fave, and second is caramel! :hugs:

Daisybell, I have thought over birthday and planned what i can til i book venue...my thoughts so far...
I am in process of sorting house which by then will be spick and span and i will be freaking out if someone drops so much as a crumb let alone jelly and ice cream so 100% for sure NOT IN THE HOUSE!
Have seen a place that has a hall:thumbup: bouncy castle :thumbup: bar:thumbup: and enough space to put up tables and chairs:thumbup: So as long as its available that's the one!
Am going to put out tables and chairs with pink and white cloths (tesco do that combination reasonablly) pink and white helium balloons, that's the general theme!
Cake I have seen a really nice M&S one i want, a bit old for her but more suitable for lots of slices.
Invites I will think of shortly, but prob home made because i just want them simple and pretty.
Food I am doing myself, having got catering in on my wedding and feeling i could have done better myself, and have an offer of help to set up which i will take! I did set my wedding venue up and was pleased with it all and this is pretty similar tbh, I may sound like i am going a bit mad but she is my last baby and we are still not really considering christenings so i want her first to be big with all family and friends that can make it! :happydance:

I am off now, back soon,

how mobile are our stars now? I know some are walking!! Rosie crawls lots, she pulls herself up on everything, and atm is stood at her walker, she just stands at it pretending not to be stuck!!

:hugs::hugs:

Fab! Thanks Ladyk. We can get 2 different trains. Jelly/LadyK which is best for you, in terms of picking us up? We can either arrive at Maidstone West at 11.57 or 12.27. Let me know which is best to pick us up and then youngmummy I will let you know what time the train gets into Gravesend so you can hopefully get on the same one as me x

Either is fine for me as it's not far so whatever is easiest for you guys :flower:

BTP - JJ us pulling himself up on things now but he's also falling down and bumping his head alot. Think we need to remove our nest of tables out of the lounge.

Had nappy explosion today resulting in giving JJ a quick shower/bath. He's been really upset today for instance if I placed him on the floor he would cry so I had him cuddled up sitting on my lap and was quiet but snuggly. Not sure if teeth or separation anxiety or feeling under the weather. Hope he's a bit more cheery tomorrow

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->