September Stars

Hi again ladies sorry not been on much but been running around like a headless chicken!!!

I have been thinking of going back to work in September as my 12 months is up. Anyhow decided I wanted to work term time at full time hours and then work 15 hours during the evening in school holidays. This would work for me as I had a problem with getting Lily from pre-school at lunchtime so have found a childminder who will fetch her at lunchtime and a friend who will take her to school so that's sorted and she will also have Ben all day. Not sure how that will go as he is definitely a mummy's boy!!! So put all this in writing to employer. However in the meantime I had applied for a promotion in London as a Contract Manager and hadn't heard anything but have got an interview on the 9th August.

I then get a snotty phone call from my boss asking why hadn't I told her as she'd received a ref request and I said that I was under no obligation to let her know as that I'd only heard on that day about interview. She then started saying to me about the flexible working hours I'd requested and how could I do a full time post elsewhere I think she was pissed that I'd applied for another post. I then said to her well hours would be discussed if I got the job and had no relevance on my application to them for flexible working. I said I'd applied as it was another £13K salary and also similar job to what I did before which is why I went for it!!! I think they probably won't agree to my flexi working application now as they can't see the point. Sorry for the rant but she really pissed me off!!!!

Oh dear Blondie, she didn't seem the best ref in a pissy mood! Work is work, you would obviously be hard to replace! x:hugs:

:hugs: Blonde i agree she sounds though she was just abit naffed off that u applied for somewhere else without telling her but they have to give you a good reason for not agreeing to your aplication for flexi working & you can apeal if they reject it.

I start back at work tomorrow :nope: tbh i dont think i will be there much longer, our shop is a joke, nearly as bad as JK (jermery kyle) after refusing to give me more hours my mrg has hired 5 new staff :growlmad: one person she didnt even interview she just got the job straight away,why u ask? well she is the Managing Directors daughter! everyone else even people with experience had to have an interview! not her!

right im ranting :blush: so im off xxxxx

Enjoy the meet tomorrow ladies, gutted i carnt be there, make sure you take loads of photo's & pop them on FB :thumbup: xxxxxxxx

Blondie - :hugs: that's truly annoying. I'm not sure why the other job would ask for references before you have an interview so that's promising. Hope it works out for you xx

Daisybell - I think your place sounds a nightmare ! Hope this new manager is able to add something positive to the place.

JJ took his first aided steps today. I put him against the sofa and he tried to get the tv remote but needed to take a few steps to reach. He didn't realise what he had done. He's also started climbing onto his bumbo seat and doing the superman / planking position.

Hi all, a bit concerned as lilia has come out with yet another rash all over! Looks different to last weeks rash as it's red pin pricks all over but her eye seems swollen, she's not her usual self at all! Think it might be heat rash though? Hope she's her normal self again by tomorrow!

That sounds like heat rash Louise, Jayden had something similar a few years back. Give her a cool bath and let her go around with just her nappy on for a while to cool down.

It has been warm today jjs room is 24 tonight so he's just sleeping in a vest. Hope she's OK Louise xx

I thought about just putting her in a vest but worried her feet would get cold! She's just in a babygro.. Also have a fan on gently on the other side of the room to turn the air around as it's so warm in there! Jelly do you think it's still ok for us to come tomorrow? I don't want people worried when she's all spotty!!

Personally for me I don't think it's a problem, as it's most likely heat rash. If she seems her usual self too it's even more likely to be heat rash. How was music mayhem today? JJ does that on Wednesday with the creche

:hugs: poor girly my house is around 26' so mine are used to it :blush: but then when I visit friends I shiver :haha:

Blondie your boss sounds charming :dohh:

Daisybell geez no wonder you want to leave :hugs:

I've got my meeting to start up tomorrow :shock: the guy seems really nice though says he could come here if I can't find anyone to look after girls.

Good luck blob x

Girls are in vests tonight too very hot bless them !

Louise could it be food what dis she eat before it came up?

We went to the beach today fir my friends birthday the girls had a lovely time although Layla is still grumpy at the moment ! I got them some cute little pink crocs nit that they fit yet but for £3 for play shoes I thought I'd stock up :)

Have a fantastic time at the meet I am very jelouse looking forward to photos x

Oh good luck Blob, hope it goes well !

GG - saw your beach pics looked like a perfect day. Has your husband recovered after looking after the girls at the weekend?

Right I'm off to decide more wedding album pics ..... It's taking for ages, determined to have it finished before our second anniversary.

Hello strangers

I am still alive have just had the most awful of months. As those of you on my FB know DH had his surgery at the beginning of the month and was in hospital for 3 weeks. Now he is home and I'm waiting on him hand and foot - I should be getting a Carer's allowance. Can't stop long but just wanted to say I haven't forgotten about you all

xx

:hugs: mrsj it's so nice to hear from you hope your DH is doing ok :hugs:

I'm spending a flipping FORTUNE!!! Hope it all works out ha ha ha!!

Got to take out all my bonus bonds to try and fund it :dohh:

Thanks for your comments but am so annoyed with my boss as her people skills are zilch anyway. We'll see how flexible working app goes then I will defo appeal if it gets turned down or no compromise is offered!!!

Had a lovely day today as took kids to a free water park local to us Lily wasn't too keen but Ben was in the middle of it playing with the little water fountains I think he's defo more gutsy than my daughter!!! Great to watch though. xxx

I'd like done buggy opinions from you ladies who are still around today I don't know how to do a link though I'll work on it

The girls slept well and are in good moods they just want to climb on everything and are full of baby babble x

GG- go to page you want and copy whole address at top of screen including https , then just paste in here. That should then link to the page you want to show

its not fair i have just seen the maidstone pics on fb i am seriously jealous :( lol hope u all had a great day x x x

Blob How did meeting go today???

:wave: MrsJ & :hugs: Hope your DH recovers soon xxx

good for you Blondie have my fx'd for you, hope you get the flexi time that u want xxx

Well was my 1st day back at work today, was really weird. Everything has changed so much but it all went better than i expected.

i'm in with the team leader on friday :nope: im dreading it tbh as when me & OH took the bairns in last week she was funny with me & OH noticed that too, i really can not stand her for what she said to me :growlmad:

saw the meet pic's on fb, yay for getting a group photo sooooo cute!!
hope u all have a lovely time xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->