September Stars

I like them both gg but prefer the first one! I don't think maclaren are necessarily as good as they're supposed to be! I got a maclaren buggy for lilia, only a simple cheap one but it's not particularly durable! Just for it for the car and visiting parents as my usual pushchair takes up the entire boot!

GG I love the babyweavers one, so gorgeous. I borrowed a twin Maclaren from a friend when I was looking after my friend's little one, and it was awful to push. That said, it could have been old and well used, perhaps a new one would be better. Do Cosatto do a double? They have a good reputation, I was looking at one of theirs when I was looking for one for Sam.

Found one..... https://www.kiddicare.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/productdisplay0_10751_-1_117377_10001

I love looking at prams!!

Kids are all dressed, second lot of washing is on, veg delivery is sorted and fridged. Just me and Sam to have brekky, he had his bottle at about 7, so we'll have ours together in a mo. It's a good busy day today, I need to keep these kids occupied. Dog walk down the vale in a bit with bikes, and my mum's coming with us, then lunch, then big family swim this afternoon, then straight to Ikea for tea, pick up some vino from Sainsbury's, and by the time we get home it will be about 8pm! Beats staying in all day!!

Just noticed on FB too, that Amelia is 1 today! Wow I can't believe we have a 1 year old star!! Happy Birthday to Amelia! xxx

Wow cant believe one of our stars is 1 already. Happy Birthday Amelia x

Happy First Birthday Amelia!! Wow that does not seem like a year since F&C posted to say LittleA had had her! I remember thinking, I hope I'm next and I was lol!

Nice to wake up in my own bed today after 2 weeks away at various places! Holly slept better last night too in her own cot. Only cried in her sleep twice so her teeth must be feeling a bit better now. She seems a lot better today too.

Did I mention that I am reducing my hours at work? Now Matt has his new job, he will be finishing at 4.30 but it's the other side of Manchester to us so there are a couple of hours between when I leave for work and when he gets home. My work offered me the chance to reduce to 20 hours per week and start at 6pm instead so I applied. They have agreed but only from the middle of September. So now I'm trying to sort out someone to have her for a couple of hours a day for a few weeks.... not an easy task!

Holly's been a little star when we've been away, full of smiles and not phased by being in different places and surrounded by people. She dropped a bottle while we were away too. It was looking like the bedtime one that would go, but she stopped having her morning one and then started having more of her bedtime one. So she's been having a beaker of cows milk with her breakfast and then a 7oz bottle of formula at bedtime. My HV said to try and stop the bedtime bottle at around 1 year, but she still seems to want that at the moment. I might switch it to cows milk in a couple of weeks though and then think about changing it to a beaker.

Back at work this evening, going to be weird as I had only just finished my training when I went on holiday and so my team have been doing live work for 2 weeks and I feel a bit behind!

Emzy I saw on Facebook that your looking for someone to look after holly. Be very careful because if you pay someone either money or in kind (box of chocs/flowers/childcare in return etc) for more than 2 hours a day then they have to be registered as a childminder otherwise it is illegal. Unfortunatly according to Facebook you need 2 hours 15 a day is there anyway you could go under 2 hours?

Happy Birthday Amelia :cake: I remember her arrival too, bit dramatic at the time! All was good and we have our first one year old! :shock:

Genies, I like the first one, I have looked at it myself and thought it was really nice, would think it was fairly robust with them both being the same size, nice and balanced! Would think there was some miles in them!
The other option is something like this for cheapness and ease to take back if its crap!
https://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/3768583/Trail/searchtext>DOUBLE+BUGGY.htm
With some matching pink cosytoes? Or even just a pink fleece under both girls?
Asher love the one you found too, same price atm in argos but i think out of stock:dohh: I tend to go for Argos over internet as i can take it back easily if i have a problem, kiddicare didn't want to know when a bolt came out of my pram:nope:
:hugs:

Can't remember anything else, got screaming 3 year old, fairly quiet day til later when have a wedding party to go to, we are all going so its no break or rest for me, just more trouble!
Back later xx

Morning or shall I say nearly lunchtime!!!

I have been doing my sisters friends cleaning job all week, its only 10 hours but I done the whole place in 3 lol!! Its mainly used at weekends for a bar and pre school during term times so its been easy!!! Its only the community centre at the top of my road so its perfect!!!

GG, I like the babyweavers one, with the branded ones I feel like you often pay for the make!!

Its so scary that our stars are turning 1, wonder who will be next preggers!!!! Not me!!

Emma, hope you get something sorted!!

Hope loves cows milk, I tried her on goats milk as thats mean't to be brilliant for eczema and she likes that too!!

Hope is fast asleep in her buggy after our walk, so I am catching up with some sky+!!! Ian is on leave from today for 3 weeks so we have a few days out planned and visits!!

Thanks Boony, I know it's illegal to pay anyone for more than 2 hours, so I won't be :) My friend is actually going to do it for the first 2 weeks. It prob will end up being under 2 hours anyway, those are only approx times until we know when Matt will be getting back from work. The reason we put it on there is to see if anyone will do it as a favour, as we can't afford to pay for a childminder until we've both had full wages anyway! x

Thats great just didn't want you getting into trouble x

Thanks for the heads up! Not long now, you must be getting excited!! X

No problem not many people know its illegal. Excited yes but I'm very fed up now too just want the next 7 weeks go quickly!

I was majorly fed up by your stage with Holly, finished work at 33 weeks I was too knackered!!

Wow Boony, I can't believe you're almost 33 weeks!! Eeeeeek!!!

We've had a good day here, lots of things done, 3 good boys. 3 behave so much better when we're busy and out and about. We had a good swim, lovely time at Ikea, and a good few bargains to be had at Sainsbury's. A nice busy weekend ahead too, and hopefully seeing lots of friends and doing nice things next week too.

Hope all okay tonight. xx

Thanks everyone for your opinions on the buggys and for the other suggestions I'll keep yours in mind btp ! I think as soon as I can afford it I'll start ordering and see what they like .

emzy wish I lived closer to be able to help with your childcare hope you find someone ! Glad your holiday was lovely and Holly enjoyed it x

Asher your day sounds fun I assume you live near an ikea?

Boony where has the time gone ? X

we went to visit girls grandparents today they got the paddling pool out and girls had a fantastic time getting in and out and crawling around the garden and they went straight to bed tonight no fuss !

Sounds like the girls had fun Genies!! Sam would love that I think!!
Yep, we do live near an Ikea, about 8 miles away I think, just one motorway junction. It's only about a 20 minute drive from where we go swimming, so we go on a Friday a lot, it's a bargain tea for the kids, we have a cheeky cake, and the tea and coffee is free with the family card, so it's a bit of a win win!!

Hope all okay this morning! Sarah (Blob) I noticed on your FB about Tabs needing stitches, hope she's okay, and you of course. xx

Morning!

Blob hope tabs is ok :hugs:

Genies glad the girls had fun with the paddling pool! Holly loved it at her Nana and Grandads too, so much so in fact that she crawled into it fully clothed before it was even filled!!

251421_10150754975405417_741430416_21346767_3282803_n.jpg

205848_10150754975625417_741430416_21346772_6118630_n.jpg

Had a bit of a bad night with Hollybobs last night, her teeth are still really bothering her and she's all snotty too. She cried a lot last night and we ended up bringing her in with us in the early hours. She woke up this morning full of the joys of spring though so think she's feeling a bit better. Matt did most of the get ups in the night as I had a headache so he's gone back to bed for a bit. I've just spent the whole morning playing on the floor with Holly with all her toys, had a great time! She does this really cute thing as well where she goes over to her pile of books and picks one and brings it to you and gestures to come up, so we will read her the story! So cute! This morning she wanted Teddy's birthday 4 times!!

I'm starting to get all emotional already too as Holly will be 1 next weekend :cry: I just can't believe it! I've been thinking a lot about when she was a newborn and remembering getting up doing night feeds and having to rock her and carry her all the time and it seems like yesterday, not a year ago!!

Blob - hope Tabs is ok bless her xx

Emzy - I think I'm going to be emotional nearer the time too. I've noticed such a developmental change thecpast couple of months whereas previous to that it was more physical changes. She looks like she had a great time paddling :)

Asher - I've never been to Ikea feel like I'm missing out !

I'm trying to look at our finances today and see where we can save money. I know food shopping is at the top of my list, planning meals, think I'm going to try Asda too. I hate tasks like this ...... Until I start saving money and it becomes great fun!

Have you all heard of the new google+ its like facebook but In my opinion much better because it hasnt reached my OHs family yet haha!! You can only get on it by being invited because its only beta at the minute. If any of you want a invite PM me your email address. Its meant to take over facebook like facebook did myspace.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->