September Stars

Kara Holly does that sometimes when she is crawling on hard/cold floors or grass! Apparently Matt crawled like that all the time when he was a baby!

Blob I think Holly has nightmares too, she crys in her sleep and gets all freaked out :cry: x

Girls!
I'm out a few days and I'm swamped with a thousand pages to read!
(Okay, it's six pages, but still! :) )
Please forgive my rotten threadmate negligence as of late.
LOTS going on.
We had a beautiful holiday at the husband's home town on Lake Huron.
And now we're back to a Calgary summer. Read: unpredictable. You know the dire extreme weather that climate change scientists warn about? We kind of live that here already. Friday, we had a thunder and hailstorm that flash-flooded, drowned someone :shock:, and decimated every green thing in our neighbourhood. It looked like someone had taken a mad weedwhacker to every garden around. There are tatters left of my raspberries and flowers. Luckily, there are only tatters left of my weed patches, as well! :)
So....
my news is that I am resigning my permanent position and going back to casual part-time.
It feels like the right thing to do.
I'm sad that I can't finish some projects, etc, but I just can't justify not being here for my boys when the take-home pay after childcare is so tiny. I just can't do it. :shrug:
If I go part-time, I will have more $$, more time with my kids, and way less stress. It's kind of a no-brainer. But still - it feels pretty scary to say "all done" to a permanent position.
I'm in the process of writing up the resignation letters and all that.

So that's my big news.
Otherwise, we're spending as much time as I can humanly manage out in the mountains for the rest of the summer. :)

Hope all are well! :hugs:

Lady K - completely agree with what you are saying about the news, unfortunately we live in a blame culture :-( with the crawling after going commando style for weeks JJ has started to crawl with his bum in the air. He pulls himself on tippie toes but isn't able to walk like that as u don't think he's got the balance. However he's only ever on carpet in the house.

Sarahka - WOW...... Glad you had a great holiday but so sorry to hear about the local area flooding people must feel devastated especially with a fatality. Congrats on changing your job, you are so lucky to be able to go part time.

GG - With my DH it's Golf, poker, grand prix and football which get in the way of quality time with JJ. That's why we've agreed Sundays is his day to take responsibility so they definitky spend time together.

Well for me I've worked out it's exactly 4 weeks before going back to work :-( I hate this counting down the days I've now got myself into. I've also spent the majority of weekend trying to organise a monthly budget which is going to be so tight. Fxd dh finds some work soon.

Gawd Sarah that's mental!! I tend to agree but that's Scotland in 1, torrential rain one day hottest day of the year the next :wacko: that's good about your job I would like to work part time. I like being at home but I want something to stimulate a bit :haha:

With my DH it's land rovers :haha:

Sarah pleased you had a fab holiday & yay for going p/t defo sounds like it was a non brainer decision, i work p/t & its great because me & OH share the childcare, i work the days he's off.

:hugs: jelly fx'd he can find some work soon, ive been back 1 week now & i found myself doing the same thing in the run up to returning, counting down the days & wondering where the time has gone?

awww blob i remember bethanys 1st day at nursery :cloud9: she was soooo excited! she is a very sociable child & didnt even say bye when we left :haha: bet Tabs is going to love it! now bethany will be starting 2nd year of school in sept :shock: time flys!

Ollie is a really confident walker now :happydance: we walks across the room now with no probs, the grandparents have been on their hols for over a week & they poped in yesterday after they go back & couldnt believe how much he has come on in just over 1week!

5 steps was his max now it's like 15 before he sits down! xxx

Wow he's doing so well!!! Rosalie is rubbish :haha: she took first steps a month ago :shock: still not walking properly.

Tabs is at a different nursery on a Friday but this is first day of nursery at the school :happydance: she's going to love it

Hi,
Busy busy, got a bed to dismantle, and put away, a child to enrol into pre school, some shelf units to collect and of course all the usual housework screaming at me to be done!

Rosie crawls pretty fast and climbs up on everything in sight, she is a climber as I was as a baby! She coasts if she can and only crawls if she see's no other option! She is practice standing atm, she will stand unaided in the middle of her cot for a while, then looks all bemused when we clap her for it!

Weather wise we are ok here, only just but started to have proper winters and ok ish summers, I don't like hot sunshine anyway as my skin just flares up in rash, so it suits me really having a shit summer!!!:thumbup:

Sarah, I know what you mean about finishing full time work but I personally find the children more rewarding than any work I have done, I enjoyed study but even when i graduated i expected fireworks or something! It was like, oh i have graduated, the only sign of it is if i get a letter from Open University it has a BSc after my name! :shrug:
The children change every single day, and keep me more than occupied, but then with 5 children, 1 step son and a husband equal trouble to that of a toddler I suppose finding time to get things done is my daily challenge! :haha:

Genies, My 'dads' have only ever been great when they have had no choice! I have thought when they pick them up on a weekend, why could they have not done that when we were together so I could have got a bath!
With the exception of my dh who is a pretty good dad, he plays with the girls but only in his time, not when i need him to! :dohh:
I have my moans and groans but i don't really mind when it comes to childcare, I see them as my children and they grow up so fast i will have plenty of time when they are all grown up to sit and wallow in a bath with scented candles!

As we celebrate the first year and wonder where it went, I am looking at my son, my baby boy, who is 17, a mass of hair, hormones and everything male! He towers above me, has done from about aged 12! and I wonder where did his childhood go? will he remember it fondly with me tickling him at nappy change time, throwing him around playing air guitar, singing to 80's song he hates, dancing round the kitchen like a mad mum!
It blasts on by and life takes over as they say, take plenty of pictures and every now and again in a cuddle breath them in and remember that moment! I have been doing this all the time with Rosie!

Right, baby on lap its time to go, we have cuddles to do!(and a rather pongy nappy to change!)

Back soon btp xxx:hugs:

:hugs: BTP time does go so fast.

I need the heat I'm so so close to moving somewhere hotter...like if it wasn't for my family I would be off. I have nothing to keep me here as Robin can live anywhere the oil lot will fly him from where ever. One of the other guys lives in the alps, he bikes in the summe and snowboards all winter...awesome!! But Im rubbish at languages so I would move to nz or aus or something. I would just miss my mum too much though :nope: I'm already getting depressed by the thought of winter.

As I start to write this and I'm distracted to the side of ne the monkeys have got hold of a box of gingerbread men and are scoffing them and the box :)

Btp this year has been the fastest ever and reading your post shows it will continue to fly by !

Blob we are fairly lucky with the weather here really, I do look at the forecast for Scotland sometimes and wonder as it dies seem you get a rainy old time sometimes ?

Sarah welcome home and good choice about the job !

Im taking the girls to a toddler group this afternoon in the church we haven't been to this one before but mums coming to to see if it's somewhere she could take the girls when she has the girls on a Monday when I'm at work !

BTP - that was lovely, what you wrote! :cloud9: And while I am a girl who has always been very passionate about her work, I know where I need to be right now and that's at home with my babies. It's the right choice for our family and yes, you are all right - we are VERY privileged to have that choice and I keep telling my husband that. His recent promotion has meant that the pressure is off me to contribute an income. (Although, as I said, back to work full-time would be less income than part-time. :dohh:)

On crawling: Tobe does the most adorable "bear cub" crawl. He scampers around up on his hands and his feet, rather than his knees, so his plump little bum is way up in the air. It is beyond cute.
God! Just realized that I have just over a month left before he's a one year old! :shock:

Anyone else think it's a sad day :-(
Hoping tonight is the worst if it and order will be in place by tomorrow.
Makes me worried to think what kind of world JJ will be bought up in.

James has been trying to stand loads today and hes started raising his legs really high when trying to walk I'll have to try and video it if possible.

Hope everyones having a good evening :hugs:

These riots are awful, stay safe those in London and Birmingham x

Jelly I agree it is so sad ! A disgrace what must the rest of the works think of us ! I keep worrying about kara , wasn't she working tonight?

Toddler group earlier was sweet but I don't think my mum could take them both on her own until they are a but older but we will go for the next few weeks

This rioting is insane!!! I need to sleep but this is disgusting I feel I need to watch it :nope:

Oooh forgot to say that I took the girls to the sea life centre Rosalie LOVED it. Seriously she was giggling trying to touch them all she did get to touch a starfish was awesoooomeee :cloud9:

Funny on the news they are only saying Birmingham and London...when Facebook seems to be saying more places :dohh:

Wondering if ladyk is working? Hope she's ok. I'm up watching too, reports in woolwich and bexleyheath now... bit to close to home that my mum and dad are only down the road x

Yea I have lots of friends in london I hope they are all away from it.

Ooooh blue skies blue skies :wohoo: :wohoo:

Really hope everyone gets behind the clear up.

Morning :wave:

I havent been watching the news, ive not needed to when everyone has posted about it on fb :haha:

i think the whole thing is a disgrace! people who obviously have nothing better to do than ruin peoples business & lively hoods! & think they can get away with it! the goverment needs to step up to the mark, if it was me i would of brought the army in! least they would be able to bring it under control.
thats all im going to say on the matter because it makes me :grr:

awwww BTP that is so lovely :cloud9:

time is so precious & u need to cherish each & every moment, like my nana said time passes so quickly, its gone in a blik of an eye.

Blob glad the girls enjoyed the sealife centre, Bethany loves it there! i havent been with Ollie think that is something we need to do over the hols xxx

Andrew is going with our friends & children to hamsterley forest today, they have taken a picnic i just hope the weather stays nice for them.

Me on the other hand has to go to work :cry: why couldnt i be the winner of the euromillions?

:( hope work goes ok :hugs:

Think I was surprised how much rosalie got out of it? Didn't expect her to love it too :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->