September Stars

Daisybell - theres no point sending the army in they have less rights than the police and are open to being prosecuted whereas the police arent!

I say to put a wanring out that everyone should be indoors after a certain time and then if they still insist on rioting bring out the CS gas!

Ladyk i really hope you and grant are ok!

Hi girls

I'm not very well today, got an upset tummy :( Was feeling a bit iffy yesterday but couldn't put my finger on it but started getting stomach pain when I got back from work last night. Have rang in sick at work, HATE ringing in sick! They were really nice though. Hope I'm better soon, sooo much to do for Holly's party at the weekend but all I've managed to do today is put a load of laundry on!

Scary stuff about these riots, scary how it's spreading across the country as well, hope it all stops soon. I just don't understand these people, complete scum.

Holly has been a little love lately. She's developed a lovely little personality and is a cheeky little thing! Her favourite thing to do at the moment is choose a book from her little pile of books and bring it over to us and gesture to come up, it's so cute! Yesterday I read her "teddy's birthday" about 8 times in a row because I didn't have the heart to say no! When you take the book and go to pick her up she laughs her head off, it's so cute! She's not walking yet, but getting a bit steadier on her feet. She still won't stand unaided but I know she can, she's just too scared! If I hand her something in both hands she will stand holding them for a bit before she realises she is standing on her own, then she plonks down on her bum! She will walk well holding onto one hand now as well, whereas before she only would do it holding 2. And she's pretty much on flat feet rather than tip toes now too! I doubt very much whether she will do what I did and take her first steps on her 1st birthday though!

x

hey guys,

Just quick update, I have been off till tomorrow..I cant have my A/L now as planned. Grants now off but asking for fire fighters to go in but union being petty and wont allow them to do over time.... Its now kicking off down the road from me... its in all surrounding areas..My mum is working at debenhams and they have stayed open while every other shop has closed.. told her just to get out and go home...i live in a very quite town and its happening here so it shows how its spreading...didnt think it would reach here....
Only those riot trained can really deal with this and there isnt that many riot trained officers

Is anyone else close to the riots?

so pleased you and grant are ok ladyk it must be so scary! I'm not anywhere near any of the riots (so far) but been watching the news most of the day/night. Got to say theres alot of people moaning about the police not doing anything but i think the police force are doing very well!
I dont think the riots will come close to us we live in quarters right outside the raf base and people would be stupid to riot here lol were not far from lincoln though but not heard anything about anything starting there.
Fingers crossed its all over soon for you ladyk.

:hugs: ladyk stay safe Hun :hugs:

YM you ok Hun?? Just saw your update :hugs:

YM everything ok hun?

LadyK so glad you're ok was worrying about you! It's kicked off in Manchester now as well, it's a good job I didn't go into work as they were all evacuated (I work in the city centre) and I've just been watching it on the news, scary stuff. Wondering if it'll come to Bolton... everyone be careful x

Feeling a bit better in myself but still got an upset tummy. Been running to and from the loo all day and all I've eaten is a yoghurt this morning and a slice of toast this afternoon! Rubbish. Not sure if work will be open tomorrow even if I'm better, I'll have to ring and see x

Lady k - glad u and grant are ok :hugs: my friend in the met has been out last couple of nights and his posting is where it kicked off yesterday. Some places are so random.

Emzy - hope you feel better soon. I've always found boiled rice good for me when upset and bananas :hugs: how's Matts new job going this week? Is he enjoying it?

Went to fat club tonight and lost 1 1/2lb, hoping I'll start losing again now. Also bit random but noone else would understand but I finally ovulated today :happydance: last year I never got a positive Opk as the one month I ovulated I didn't test due to work then fell pregnant. Been testing awhile now due to my messed up cycles since JJ and I've finally Ovulated ...... Right I'll shut up now ;-)

Stay safe to all you Ladies near the Riots its really scary stuff.
Emzy hope you are feeling better today.
Jelly great news on ovulating.

Yaay jelly that's fab :) I was having chats on cycles last night...I need to find contraception that stops me having any period :nope: I have 14day + bleeding every month :cry:

Emzy sorry luv :hugs: hope you feel better soon

Oh also jelly well done on the weightloss ;)

Blob - thats rubbish :-( my friend is on the injection and hasn't had a period. BTP and a childminder uses the morena (sp) coil which has stopped bleeding too. Have you been to the docs? Did you have issues before tabs and Rosalie? :hugs:

Boony said on the news last night the police are afraid to do anything in the wake of the G10 riots & what happened to that man coz of that police officers actions & the fact that two police chiefs have beed arrested on suspicion of fraud and corruption.
The police aint looking too good atm.

They wont use water cannons or rubber bullets coz "it will be disaster for London" wft is that all about!

We are supposed to be hosting the olympic games next year!

I feel sorry for police, the goverment may regret cutting the polices budget this year! but they just dont think anything like this will happen so dont have a plan in place, i bet the MP will say after it is all over "We dealt with it the best we could but we have learnt from it & will be more prepared if it happens again"

too little to late comes to mind.

ladyk :hugs: & :hugs: everyone else who is caught up in the riots, stay safe xxxx

Blob that is hard going! And expensive each month I expect maybe go to the Drs ?

Jelly double well dones :) keep up the weight loss I'm stuck in a rut with it !

Emzy hope you feel better , also how close are you to riots ?

I'm thinking of giving the girls cows milk after lunch today to try , they keep helping themselves to sips of my friends sons milk and they are nearly one so I guess Its okay?

Booney I was just looking at your ticker 33 weeks can't believe it ! I was 35 weeks when I had the girls x

Daisybell - exactly the police are scared to do too much so what makes the army any different? The army are more open to being sued so they are not going to want to be involved! Not only that the army dont have enough soldiers here anyway they are all in afghanistan (that goes for the TA aswell). The RAF regiment are all in libya aswell.

Theres no point in getting the water cannons over from N.I because these riots arent just in one place plus they arent staying in the same areas they are moving around too fast for the cannons to do anything plus N.I. dont want to give them up.

I personnally think the police force in manchester and birmingham handled things really well last night considering the circumstances!

GG - i know its gone so quick. Although as i get more uncomfortable time seems to be slowing lol. DH seems to think i'll go into labour on september 10th because we are meant to be going to see lee evans in nottingham for our anniversary which is tomorrow lol

Morning girls

I'm still feeling rubbish today, not as bad as yesterday but still got an upset tummy. Going to wait til after lunch to decide whether or not to go to work tonight.

GG I live in Bolton which is about 12 miles away from Manchester City Centre and about 10 miles away from Salford, both were where the riots were happening, so not too close. I'm glad I wasn't in work though, my office is in Manchester City Centre and I was meant to be starting work at 5pm, which is just before it all kicked off so I'm glad I didn't go. Apparently they evacuated at 7pm anyway.

Blob I used to be on the injection and that stopped my periods. I wouldn't recommend it though, I HATED it. How about the pill? As although you still have a bleed, you don't have an actual period? When I was on the pill I only bled lightly for 3 days. Now I'm on nothing I bleed for 6/7 days and it's quite heavy.

xx

Don't go if you not feeling right emz it's not worth it! Forgot to say that is so cute Holly bringing you her books !

Layla has taken to a little green car she pushes it along the carpet going bmmmmm it's so cute she is also a book lover where Amelia had no real interest in books she likes tiny little things and anything sparkly :)

Aww poor you emzy :hugs:

My child is so lazy at walking she will walk across a room no bother but no more and she took 7 steps over a month ago now :dohh: lazy baby

our army boys should of been pulled out of afghanistan years ago, if that happened many soldiers lifes could of been saved.

The goverment dont care, they only care about how we look to other countries.
we should of also pulled out of the EU years ago & we wouldnt be in the financial mess that we are in now.

There may not be enough army boys home atm but there isnt enough police either which is why all police officers who are on anual leave have to return back to duty, its not the time for anyone to be scared of been sued we all need to pull together.

i agree the water cannons wouldnt be much help.
Things are only going to get worse before they get better :nope:

sorry if this sounds like im ranting :blush:

awww emzy i hope u re feeling better soon :hugs:

GG i dont see the harm as the girls are nearly 1now & if they like it i say go for it :thumbup:

Vicky i saw your relationship status change on fb i hope u are ok hun?

has been a long day at work, just got home before my baby went to bed so i got much needed cuddles from him & DD, going back to work i didnt think i would miss them as much as i do, i felt guilty today :nope: like i should be at home, bet that sounds sad.

right off to have my very late tea :hugs: to all xxxx

Stay safe everyone xx

Blob, I use the Mireina coil, it stops periods all together, I get nothing now, the only hint i get of a time of the month is sometimes some pinkish, but it goes in a day.
I used to have really heavy 3 week cycles (they lasted a week so 14 days between sometimes)which is why i tried this coil, It keeps your fertility after removal so its normal as soon as its out, which needs removal from a doctor. They are 5 year.
I have tried everything over time and never got on with anything, I cant take the pill, found everything else to invasive, I don't like the idea of an implant or injection, so that leaves the coil! Once it's in you don't know its there, and I love the fact I don't get periods, I think its great, but that's me, I know some people have had problems with it but I think they tend to blame the coil for things that happen anyway, like weight gain etc,

Sorry not stopping today, have to clean kitchen up, and sort stuff out, want a early night which hasn't been done in ages, as the girls are a bit of a pain at night atm
We had a lovely day at Thomas the Tank Engine day, and are going back tomorrow as Sophie just got too tired today, so as we have season tickets which cover specials like this we can go home and come back, just hope the weather is ok tomorrow! (if not its on Sat and Sun too!)

Back soon, Hope everyone is ok, and keeping well away from all this trouble, its craziness and very sad, it really is what is this world coming to:shrug:
It something that was waiting to happen with society, its part of a long term big picture of children being raised with no respect.

Not getting on my soap box, I'll never get off it!

Hugs all xxxx:hugs::kiss:

Emzy - hope you feel better soon

Daisybell - :hugs: I'm going to feel guilty too some days, glad you managed to cuddle the little man before bed

BTP - Thomas the tank event sounds cool, what do they do there?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->