September Stars

That's what I meant to say earlier... GG Holly has been having cows milk for 2 weeks now. She has a beaker for cows milk in the morning with her breakfast and only 1 bottle of formula at bedtime. We'll probably stop that and switch it to cows milk over the next couple of weeks too x

Thanks emz the girls tried the milk and seemed more surprised by the consistency of the milk in the beaker than they did with the milk they kept going back for mire sips so I'm feeling confident they will like it !

They went to bed with minimal fuss tonight we seem to be getting somewhere :)

The first time Holly had milk in a beaker she spluttered everywhere and looked shocked at how fast it was coming out lol! Now she's used to it and gulps back at least one beaker at breakfast time, she loves it! She currently has a free flow beaker, but I am thinking of trying a valved one at bedtime, as I think otherwise she'll gulp it and end up with a bellyache before bed!

Paige has a cold or is teething, what ever it is she has been a very unhappy baby.. But now im at work with all rest days and holiday cancelled I wont see her now until next week.. Im doing long shifts and only a few hours to get home and sleep.. The house is and will be a mess but the kids are going to my mums, i have no clean underwear !!! and a husband who seems to have done very little today while i was at work. If im not on for a few days you know why. Hope you guys are all safe xxx

Boony and YM.. dont have any babies till im back !!!!! xx

Lady K - you sound exhausted already :hugs:

Emzy - when did you first try the beaker for milk with Holly?

About 2/3 weeks ago Jelly and she's had one at breakfast ever since x

Ollie also has a beaker of cows milk at breakfast time and he loves it. I think I am going to start him on one at bedtime also in the next couple of weeks as he is happy on it.

:hugs: kara

Rosalie has cows milk too (though sure we had a conversation on here about that) she has it only really if she wakes up or won't sleep but she's always loved it. She's still on a newborn teat though ha ha since she's bf they work so much harder to get milk I didn't want her finding it too easy :rofl:

Emzy I was on the pill though naughty me I never had a period in about 5 years :rofl: as I just kept on running packs together BUT now I'm really really conscious about ruining chances to have another baby :nope: plus I just never wanted to have sex with it.
BTP I really want to try the coil but it kind of scares me :haha:

Blob - had a discussion with a friend of mine yesterday. She's BF her 3mth son and now she's moved to the next size teat on his bottle (has formula before bed) he now won't take the breast milk. She now has to pump for him to get her milk but she says it's so tiring. You've done the right thing staying on newborn teats. I wonder if this contributed to having difficulty with JJ as hospital told us to go onto size 2 teats straight away, no wonder he never could be bothered with me

It's our one day to day that I don't get up early so I'm currently in bed with my littleman still asleep. It's almost as if he knows Thursday's is chilled out day. Ive one question ladies ..... When JJ is crawling his trousers yesterday kept falling off what can I do to stop it from happening or do u just need to wait until his waist gets bigger again?

I'm in Basildon so only a short distance really from the riots that happened in East Ham/Barking etc so was very horrible to watch as I know people that live there!

I don't understand how someone could go about destroying their own community and things... but I hope the police get more power and show some of these scum that they cant get away with it!

Emzy - That is so cute about Holly bringing you books! I try and read to Kimi but all she wants to do it slap the book and turn the pages!! :dohh:

GG - I have been told by the doctor that Kimi HAS to get off Neocate LCP asap but I don't see the point in putting her back on another formula for 2 months then trying to switch to cows milk... so although she is just shy of a year... I may try cows milk... she has had cows milk with cereal and in food so I am pretty sure she wont react but I'm really scared just in case she does as I don't want her to get ill again!

LadyK - No chance of me having a baby early...I can see Pip being as stubborn as her sister and staying put til I'm atleast a week overdue and that is all based on my scan on the 9th September...if it looks like there could be problems or a big baby...I'm booked in for a c-section!!!

Blob - Ouch at pulling stitches out!! Hope she is okay now!!

I didnt even know but my sister found another 2 teeth on Kimi the other day... so she now has her bottom 2 and top 2!! We are suffering a little bit as she has become very clingy to me and all she wants is to be constantly with me which is a bit hard as I'm meant to be on bed rest for at LEAST another 2/3 days but I just can't. I have sooooo much I need to do before Pip arrives....

Here's my list

Buy new teats for bottles ( incase BF doesnt work out again or I can express)
Buy nappies
Sort out all Pips clothes
Set up cot
Set up moses basket
Pack hospital bag
Move babies room around so there is space for my buggies!
Tidy my room and try and get some wardrobes!
Paint bathroom
Sort out Kimi's birthday presents

There is more but I have drawn a blank.... Kimi is currently in front of Baby TV eating a biscuit and I'm shattered!

I went Bingo with my sister last night and had such a good night...my brother-in-law babysat for me and it felt great to have no stress for a few hours...then Luke picked us up about 11.30 and brought us home so I didnt have to try and get a train home.....

I will try and get on more often and keep up to date!!

Hugs to everyone!!!!

xx

:hugs: Kara

looking at my freinds post of FB the goverment seems to have come to their senses, skynews says

''MPs will return to Parliament today to discuss the outbreak of disorder seen across the country amid calls for police cuts to be suspended''

Jelly i have the same problem Ollies trousers are big around his waist, he is tall but skinny :dohh: other than putting adjustable one's on him i just keep telling myself he will grow into them.

Emzy are you all ready for Hollys Birthday?

my day off today & Ollie decides to be up early doors, 2.30am untill about 4am, i couldnt get back to sleep, typical.

where is the sun? rained yesterday & is raining today :hissy:

Jelly,
Its a little train station that runs steam engines, and twice a year they bring Thomas the tank engine in, they run him every hour up and down the line, Sir Topham Hat is there, there are a few other engines there too the little side line ones like the break train which they also run rides on, as soon as you get in its all free, face painting, kiddies tattoos (Sophie will not have her face painted but the others did!) A play tent with Thomas brio, blocks, colouring in etc a bouncy castle for little ones, a ball pit, a Thomas ride like a merry go round, punch and judy (which was pretty rubbish but plenty more to do!)
A spot the train competition for children to find things.
The children had a great time, but it really was weather dependant, and today it is peeing it down so i think we may have a rainy day in the house and i can try and get on with the rooms a bit more upstairs!

Its running Sat and Sun also so fingers crossed the weather cheers up.

Off to check out facebook, and ebay :hugs:xx

Ladyk :hugs: thinking of you hun:hugs:

Wow that's sounds great for somewhere local ! Fingers crossed the weather us better at the weekend so you can go again :)

Hi everyone!
Husband took the boys to playgroup this morning, so I am enjoying an hour of relative peace and quiet.
It's hard to just sit still and enjoy it, actually.
I just keep thinking of all the things I should try to get done while they are out! :)
It is cool and overcast here. We've had a lot of thunderstorms moving through, so our plans to go camping in the mountains these last few days were kind of scuppered. Plus, both boys got a head cold.
I'm just continuing my de-cluttering. Husband and I made a big list of all the items we are going to purge from our house. It feels so good to get rid of stuff and just simplify!
Hope everyone has a nice day! :)

hey everyone glad you are all well! Blob my friend has a contraceptive patch which she changes weekly! Jelly has James got any dungarees they would stay in place so he wont get sore knees x

Lbb how's things?

Laylas got a bit of a cold but is dealing with it okay x

not bad thanks genies James sees the consultant again next week! I was gutted last Friday cos he was weighed and had lost 3oz since he was weighed 6 weeks ago so is stil 14lb 5oz! He has been without his tube for 1 week now and is being weighed again tomorrow im not looking forward to it! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->