September Stars

Ollie doesnt like having milk out of a beaker full stop he is fine with juice but as soon as I put milk in a beaker he wont touch it he knows before tasting it aswell lol.

Is everyone giving daytime drinks out of a beaker ? Olivia still has hers in a bottle....

Huge congratulations to you Laura, wishing you a very healthy happy pregnancy! :happydance:

We are not really taking anything other than boob still, she has a tommee tippee soft spout bottle/beaker which she has just started to take small amounts of baby juice from, I think she is way behind though, my others would take other things from 4-5 months!
Food wise she is still slow but i do think there is so much still in the milk for her, and she is still teeny!

I went to mothercare yesterday to get a new car seat for Sophie,
https://www.mothercare.com/Graco-Lo...031&pf_rd_p=231490867&pf_rd_s=related-tab-3-5 we got this one
Anyway i asked if Rosie was heavy enough so we sat her on the baby scales and she said no she was way off yet and as long as her head didn't come over the top of the baby seat she was fine in it, so in it she stays for now, I was hoping she could go forward facing soon but looks like not!

How exiting another September stars spin off is on the way!! I have gone past the broody phase, especially all this decorating and room moving, I really can't fit any more in, and moving is out of the question, as is a bigger car!

Right got to go, done the bed change round today, got to get all the boys stuff out of my room and put the window lock onto the girls room, still loads to do but its coming together, and i only broke the bed in one place moving it:haha:

:hugs:xxxx

Lilia has water in various types of beakers (valved, valved straws, normal straws etc) but will not touch milk in a beaker! In fact she's always had SMA milk but bought aptamil while we were away as they didn't have it.. Lilia was only drinking 3 ozs morning and night but since she's had the aptamil she's downing 7 ozs!!!! I hadn't thought if changing brands! So she's actually having more now! We tried SMA when we got back but she was straight back to 3ozs!? How weird!

Laura I felt a pang of jealousy when I read your news which is strange as I didn't think I was ready to try again yet! Even compared to holding my sisters newborn which made me think I still wanted to wait.. Now Im not so sure!!!

Jelly - I can't even swap mattress as it was brought from a friend (the mattress never used btw) so it's just one of them things!! I'm totally gutted!!!

Laura - Forgot to say, I only had one period after having Kimi and my dates were out so crossed fingers yours are okay!!!

x

YM- I did exactly the same when buying Ollies cot we got the wrong mattress and Argos wouldnt take it back so we had to get another one at our own expense its so annoying

Wow Laura so happy for you !!! Great news so exciting !! Any other syptoms yet? X

Blob thanks for the ideas unfortunately I will be back at work after the summer hols and won't be able to continue with this group as it's on a Monday but my usual Thursday group will start back which is much nicer , all the same women as the other but loads more to dilute it a bit :)

The girls have water or watered down apple juice in a beaker during the day , I've introduced the cows milk in a beaker at breakfast meily likes it Layla doesn't !

emzy I found myself stroking scratch mitts earlier :) and I'm not having anymore babies !

Btp will you post pictures of your projects ?

Girls went out with grandparents for the day and were so tired they gave already gone to bed , dh has gone to golf I have a chicken in the oven and wine in the fridge x

Lilia has water in various types of beakers (valved, valved straws, normal straws etc) but will not touch milk in a beaker! In fact she's always had SMA milk but bought aptamil while we were away as they didn't have it.. Lilia was only drinking 3 ozs morning and night but since she's had the aptamil she's downing 7 ozs!!!! I hadn't thought if changing brands! So she's actually having more now! We tried SMA when we got back but she was straight back to 3ozs!? How weird!

Laura I felt a pang of jealousy when I read your news which is strange as I didn't think I was ready to try again yet! Even compared to holding my sisters newborn which made me think I still wanted to wait.. Now Im not so sure!!!

Awwwww hun - I really didnt think it would happen again so soon for us. I have been broody for months :haha: xx

YM - Im prepared to be less than 9 weeks as with my PCOS anything could be possible !! xx

:wohoo: Congratulations Laura on your news!!!

Firstbean my Ollie is the same he wont drink anything other than water out of his beaker & he wont drink water out of his bottles just milk :dohh:

when we go onto moo moo milk i think we are going to offer him it during the day in his bottles with the avent spouts instead of the treats & see if he will start taking it that way as atm he only has a bedtime feed & 1 during the night.

Emzy i wouldnt worry too much hun each child is different, Bethany stopped having milk from a bottle at around 15/16months & used a beaker instead but she was 19months before she stopped having dummys, your her mummy & you know best :thumbup:

YMummy thats so frustrating :hugs: i got mine from

www.memoryfoamwarehouse.co.uk for £34.95 bargin price! it is on sale atm & i got free delivery, it is so comfy i want one for our bed :thumbup:

Going to the cinema tomorrow with OH carnt wait!! it is the only day we will have off work together for the next 2weeks :nope: on the plus side the extra pennys we will have next pay day will come in handy :winkwink: xxx

Wow Laura so happy for you !!! Great news so exciting !! Any other syptoms yet? X

Not really - I just havent felt "right" for a few weeks. Was feeling a little down and like something was wrong but couldn't pinpoint what it was. And the clumsiness is what kind of really made me question it !!

I had something like a 50 day cycle from my first period to conceiving rosalie :wacko: but fx'd for you!!!

Rosalie takes juice from anything and everything she drinks fro pm sports cups, straws anything but she has always loved her juice.

Laura i am so thrilled for you congrats hunni!

Ym will Kimi and pip be in the same school year? X

James will only drink water or milk fullstop but from cup or bottle! Still will not entertain solids at all...stupid ng tubes fault i think. Its like its scarred him for life! :o( off to see his normal consultant this week and then the Birmingham one next week...think they May suggest a peg feeding tube which will be better than naso-gastric he had but means am operation which scares the sh1t out of me! X

Lbb I hope it doesn't come to an operation for little man ! Don't blame him for not wanting to eat but he will get there in his own time xx

Ahh I'm doing a baby shower collection for a friend looking at the bits is making me broody ! I'm not supposed to be broody !!!!

Louise you poor thing and that poor little boy! That woman that gave birth to those boys (cant exactly call her a mother) should be bloody ashamed of herself she sounds a right piece of work! Hugs X

thanks genies i hope so cos he was starting to get better then had his tube and that was it! X

See, one new pregnancy, and all our ovaries are booming ha ha!!!

LBB, I hope James manages to stick with the NG and not go down the PEG route. Are they saying PEG as they see it being a longer time frame for his weight gain? We have a lot of kids at work (if I can remember being there...soon be back) who are PEG fed. Fingers crossed for James' appointments, make sure you keep us posted, I am always thinking about him (and you). xx

The milk thing is a funny one. When Jack was approaching 1, he was still a boob lad, wouldn't take any other milk out of bottle or beaker. So it wasn't a concern for me. Archie at the same age was a bottle baby, and loved his bottles, so he stayed with the bottle. I think he was still having a bottle at bedtime at 2, he loved it. When I stopped that bedtime bottle, he wouldn't drink milk anymore. The transition from formula to cows milk was fine, he didn't flinch. But coming off the bottle was hard. Sam stopped his boob at 10 months and now is fine with his bottle. But he seems to be lessening the amount he has at bedtime (Aptamil), so he was on 8oz, and he's taking about 5 now. Then first thing, cuddling in bed with me, anytime between half 5 and half 6, he has a good 7oz and then another doze. He doesn't have any daytime bottles apart from on a Friday, when we swim late afternoon, he'll have a nice 5oz bottle before we go, just to tide him over until he gets his tea as it's always late on a Friday!!
So although I know I should be making more effort to switching him off the bottle, I'm not going to bother too much. He only has his milk indoors unless there's the odd time we've been invited out, so nobody can criticise the toddler drinking from a bottle, so I'm not concerned. As long as he doesn't end up being really old with a bottle I'm okay with it. And I have no dummy to prise away this time, just a thumb..... hmmmm, that's gonna be tough!!! EEEEEeekk!!

LBB - No luckily!! The school year cut off date is 31st August so Pip will be in the year below UNLESS i give birth in the next 2 weeks!!!!

I hope James gets better....i hope you dont mind but I was talking to my mum (she works for feeding and swallowing) about James and his tube and stuff and she said if he does have problems then ask for referrals to feeding and swallowing as you should qualify!

Louise - Just read your facebook status...made me VERY angry!!! Silly woman needs to stop being so goddamn selfish and put her kids first!!!

Asher - I don't have a problem with toddlers having a bottle, but my niece who is 2.5 years old has NEVER been tried with a beaker because to be honest, her parents are lazy!!! I gave them my beakers to use and they have sat in the cupboard!!!!

Daisy - Bloody hell what a bargain... :) was the service good?? I dont wanna be messed around this close to having Pip!!

FirstBean - I was going to wait until Pip was here as she will be in moses basket in my room for a little while until routine is established etc but I'm glad I did it now!!

I've been packing my hospital bag today.... I had to come on here and get a list of what I need as I've completely forgotten!!!! OOOPS!!!!

Hope everyone is okay!!!!

xx

LBB - fingers crossed for James :hugs: great that he is gaining on his own!

Asher - made me giggle saying On Fridays Sam has an extra bottle made it sound like he out partying. My ovaries are also throbbing at this baby talk.

Louise - found it upsetting tonight what 'she's' done. Are you still looking at full custody from before W went to Afgan?

Had a very upset and clingy baby today (which he has about three weeks now) it's because not only is tooth 3 cutting through but 4 and 5 at the top too which makes me think maybe the right fang no 6 will soon be following too. He woke up this evening so had to cuddle him for a moment. That's two nights now he's needed a quick cuddle.

Jelly hope the teeth settle down soon poor love x

Louise I read your status too ! What a cow she is ! Does she still have a thing for Wayne ?

Louise :hugs:

I'm watching fast food baby and it's making me furious!!! 19 month old baby eating take away 5 times a week and 6 cans of coke a day!!! All because his parent's don't want the mess of cooking!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->