September Stars

Happy Birthday Sammy.
Its Ollies on Monday its gone far too fast. will pop back on later got a very cling little man.

Happy Birthday Sam!
Emzy..FX'd these signs are pregnancy signs.
At the moment I am enjoying 5 mins of peace...unusually Riley woke up at 1am and wouldn't go back to sleep so slept in our bed...well, he didn't sleep he woke up about every hour crying (I think he is either poorly or its his teeth- or a combination of both). hence, he is tired (and so am I!) and having a little lie in. His brother is also asleep and the dog is asleep on his bed so this peacefulness is bliss!
I am off to the gynae today to talk through my scan results so Fx'd he will help me on my way TTC.
I have my wedding rehearsal at the church later which is very exciting and at the moment we are trying to tie up the thousand of loose ends *stress*

My mind is running away with me over all the things I need to do, so I apologise for forgetting everything else. Hope you are all well. xx

Good morning ladies, thankyou for all Sam's birthday wishes, I can't believe it's here and we have a one year old! Little Sammy J!!

Teeny, good luck at the hospital, and at your wedding rehearsal later!! Very exciting stuff!! Try and enjoy every minute! x

Daisy, well done with your work situation, yay!! x

Be back later, expect lots of FB pics today! x

Happy Birthday Sammy!!

Holly wasn't as bad last night, she woke once and I was able to settle her better than the 2 nights before. However when she got up this morning she was AWFUL. She'd had another nappy explosion when I went into her, so I cleaned that up and brought her downstairs and before I reached the bottom of the stairs she started kicking and hitting me. I popped her down with her toys like I usually do and went to go and make her breakfast and she lost it. Screaming and howling and rolling around on the floor, smacking her head into the floor. I picked her up and she started thrashing and hitting again and nothing I could do would help. So I took her and put her back in her cot to calm down and came down to ring the HV. I explained about her not eating and throwing tantrums and hitting and stuff and also about the explosive nappies and being sick in her cot last week and she said it sounds like a stress reaction to the change in our familly situation ie both of us going back to work, etc. My HV is on holiday at the mo, so the nursery nurse is coming out to see us this afternoon. She's the lady that runs clinic and baby group and I know her quite well, so I'm quite glad she's coming. So we'll see what they say. I've just had it up to my eyes with this and I don't know what to do with her anymore! I feel so bad that she feels that stressed about it :( I think I'm going to try and take emergency leave from work tonight so I can stay at home with her.

xx

Happy 1st Birthday sam!!! :cake:

F&C yay Harry!! clever boy!

Blondie thats fantastic news im pleased she has seen sense!

Sarahkka, Ollie's birthday buddy :happydance: i am also doing the "this time last year thing" like jelly said u will have to post a pic when u finish it, im sure you will manage to do it in time for his birthday i have faith :thumbup: i love knitted items, i just wish i could do it myself :dohh:

Aher carnt wait to see the birthday pic's!!!

Tenny i have my fx'd for you!

Emzy :hugs: poor you & Holly it must be stressful for the both of you, i dont know what to suggest, i hope the nursery nurse is some help & you can find a solution soon :hugs:

Happy 1st Birthday Sam xxxxxxxx:cake::happydance: Have a lovely day! xx

Yay for Harry, :happydance: And he's off! xx

Teeny, Good luck with everything Hun xxx:hugs:

Cheap or free things to do at home with lo!

Playdough is really easy to make, recipe's available online.
Painting, although i tend to leave this one for the summer months in the garden in just nappy to avoid excess mess!
Chalk on the patio.
Washing up bowl of water, also garden, or the bath.(hours of fun, empty cartons etc, pouring water, 'washing up')
Baking, you can bake everything any anything, from any age, early on just sitting up in high chair and watching Mummy, then getting stuck in a bit later on!
Cornflake or rice crispie cakes are just stiring and putting paper cases in the tray.
Pizza bases to put happy faces on out of pizza toppings, if i run out of everything then they sandwich digestive biscuits together with chocolate spread!
Singing games, clapping, row your boat etc.
Pasta shapes are fab, to paint then thread onto string, they are chunky to hold and you can make nice and bright, and pasta is usually in the cupboard!
Setting up toys, putting toys away, make cleaning up a part of the play!
Worth going to playgroups for ideas and to spend a morning out, our local one is on a friday morning and its free, they do some lovely things!
There are literally tons of things you can do, and participation from lo is just as much as they can do at the time, Rosie just watches us baking atm, i give her a spoon to hold, and on the floor with a spoon and a bowl for her to stir nothing in!
Her best thing atm is chasing her round the lounge!:haha:
They do grow into activities more, but really depends on the baby, Rosie is not as social as Sophie was, she is happy with a bowl of skips and the tv, between chasing!

BTP xx:hugs:

happy birthday Sammy pants!

James has just had his first pair of shoes...well 2 pairs actually grandad insisted personally i would have prefered the £20 and got him am outfit with it lol! X

hope everyone is well x

OMG! Victory on the school uniform!
The school has been in touch with the shop, who as 'a gesture of good will' (love that phrase, means they don't really want to do it!!) They will embroider the pe kit and jumper for £2.50 per badge, and as they can't do my blazer, if my son chooses one from the shop with the badge on it the school will pay for it. They are in talks with the shop in Sept about what agreement the shop had with a previous head teacher, I have said i will represent parents if she needs a parent to do so! I said the big problem was no choice and the fact supermarkets churn uniform out at a fraction of the cost, I realise he is the little local guy and i am threatening his income, but if he embrodered on any garment he would still keep that part of buisness it would just be the parents choice if they bought from him, and i expect a large number would. (perhaps!)

Anyway, my small victory of the day, I am returning the blazer for a refund, but will explain to tesco why and they may even decide to get into the blazer badge embrodering thing!

Off to chack my lottery after this victory and my tax credits have also been sorted, having stopped from not receiving my form which i sent of return of post, any way thats 2 good things so a lottery check is in order!!!:haha:

Back soon

Sorry for selfish post, was just feeling a bit smug!! xxxx:hugs:

Good work BTP and Blondie.. It's a day of victories! And happy birthday Sam!

Emzy I have everything crossed for you. Re Holly what the HV said makes sense I guess. I suppose it's similar to JJ except you are both home at some point so she takes it out on you.

YM any luck with your flat? Are the council going to move you to somewhere more child friendly? X

Blondie - sorry forgot to say earlier excellent news about your work, must be such a relief to finally have it sorted :)

Excellent work mrs BTP !

Emzy - how has Holly been fir the rest of the day. Has she seemed more contented? :hugs:

Fishy - what's happening with your house now. Did you find somewhere and they decided not to sell?

JJ went to the other nursery this afternoon and wasnt bothered but I stayed with him for the hour. Going to try and leave him tomorrow for an hour. I'm fasting now for my bloodtest tomorrow morning, as I can only have water think I'm going to bed soon. Had a call from mum today saying my dads been really ill again, each time it happens I get more worried. They had to call paramedics out to him couple of days back.

Jelly hope your dads okay ?

Emzy how's things?

Btp yay for victory , hope you won the lottery too :)

We are going to a wedding tomorrow my friend us having the girls all day Bd night at get house I'm trying to pack fir us and them as we are staying at the hotel , in really hoping it's good and we get to relax !

JC thanks for asking. We have found 2 houses we like. The first one they declined our first offer but then said they'd think about our 2nd offer. They then kept telling us they needed more time so we pulled out. The 2nd house was very similar. We put in a 2nd offer only £5k under the asking price so expected to get it. They said they like the figure but are now not sure if they want to sell and will decide after they go on holiday next week. Grr

F&C - I'm still waiting to hear back from our local councillor... we're not priority as we can manage but I know that I can't manage 3 flights of stairs with double buggy, 2 children, bags of shopping etc etc... you're not allowed to leave anything under the stairs as will get destroyed and my landlord wont put up a metal shed for us just incase it gets ruined!!! :dohh:

Kimi has been going through a really sleepy phase atm.... she went to bed at 8.30pm last night...woke up at 7.30am for a bottle then went straight back to sleep til 11am??? And still napped during the day???

I'm glad for all the extra rest but just unusual as normally she would be up and ready for the world at 7.30am/8am but now we're dragging her up at 11.... could this be a growth spurt???

Jelly - Hope your dads okay! :hugs:

BTP - Well done on the school uniform... my mum brought our blazers and stuff from asda and the likes because she couldnt afford the shop price...she just brought the badges seperately and sewed them on herself!!!

Emzy - Hope Holly has been okay today!!!

Hope everyone is okay!!

I'm sooo uncomfortable right now...laying in bed but feel like rubbish... taken 2 paracetomols so am hoping to crash out soon.... luke has been really good...and has done all the mornings for me since I hit 34 weeks and the pain stepped up a notch!!!!!

He's unsure whether he wants me to have a VBAC now as we was talking about it and he said although the risks of uterine rupture are low...there's still a risk and he doesnt want anything to happen to me! It got me thinking and I just dont know what to do now....

Obviously, there are pro's and con's to having a VBAC but I just need to weigh them up before the 9th and I have to see the consultant!!!

Will catch up more tomorrow!!! Am shattered!!!

x

Fc where are you hoping to move to?

Night ym hope you get a good lot of sleep x

Still High Wycombe GG, just somewhere with better schools.

YM I can't believe you are having to carry the buggy up! It's terrible that they've given you no choice.

Good luck with the decision on the vbac. Bless Luke for being so worried. X

morning ladies! Ym id seek advice from your local citizens advice bureau! Jelly i really hope your dad is ok big hugs! Have a fab time genies! Fishy hope you get the house some people are so annoying! x x x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->