September Stars

Lol Kara! It's such a stupid time to ask for it! Wow Paige has big feet! At least you'll be able to find pretty shoes relatively easily.

Can I ask if anyone else hasn't had an af yet?

Hi ladies!!

Sorry I have been MIA! This thread moves so fast and life just seems busy at the moment! Maybe because it's summer and we're always doing something or other...but the nice weather seems to be coming to an end here in Ontario. the nights are really cool and the leaves have started changing colours.

Anyway, just wanted to pop by and say hi!! Sorry i haven't caught up. I'm a horrible thread friend:blush:

So a few updates from us. Peyton turned one almost 2 weeks ago and she LOVED her pool party!!! I'll include a few pictures at the end! Also the same week as her birthday...she cut FOUR teeth!!! so we are now up to 6 teeth. She's close to walking...she walks holding on to everything and will let go and stand on her own...but no steps on her own yet.

Also, I have been busy making tutus! I started as a hobby but people actually showed interest so I made a facebook page and now I'm aftually getting orders!! If you ladies want to check it out it's called Little Miss P Inspired. Anyway, just tutus for now, but I will be adding more items soon!

Well I think that's it from me for now!

Oh and Ann, I saw your post. Sorry I'm no help there. I got af back when Peyton was 6 months and some.

BTP- It has crossed my mind to come and kidnap you for a week, it seems really easy after you explained it before but Grants so worried he will do it wrong and cost us more to fix the problem. Its just the nailing the main frame to the ceiling and floor. There is also the problem of what we should do when the wall comes up to the window, there is also a radiator under it.. any idea what options we have ? I also would rather have Paige in our room as its easier when she wakes up but we agreed not to have another until she is in her own room before we start trying, i already found room in our room for another cot but grants not keen on that idea..lol x

Daisybell- ever since having my son 13 years ago my hormones are all over the place, i started to cry at some adverts !!! get emotional on new years... I think having babies changes you in more ways than one x

Hello lovely September Star mummies! I hope everyone and all babies(not for much longer now) are doing well.

Just dropping in to see how it's going and to wish everyone whos babies are coming up to that big day soon happy birthdays. Hasn't time FLOWN?

XX

Argh it's lilias birthday play date/tea party tomorrow! I wasn't going to make a fuss but can hardly move in my living room for balloons!!! The dog is scared to death, he hated balloons! The kittens are loving it though and Wayne is just sitting in the corner singing songs in his helium voice... Men!

We have two little guests, master JJ and my friends 20 month old! I'm glad it's small and I'm so happy Emma and JJ are coming, it's lovely being so close to someone I know so much about who I've known for over 18 months yet only met a month or so ago!!

It's nice to see old faces! Hi SR hope you and Ellie are well! I too can't believe how time has flown, Lilias birthday is on tuesday!

Happy birthday Olivia for today!

Grants done 4 night shifts in a row as he covered for someone the last two nights... if he isnt here i tend to go to bed really late...i guess i need to be told when to go to bed..lol

Hey sisterrose.. great to see you on here again xx

Louise- Wish i had a SS living that close to me...I think F&C is the closest to me.x

Kara i love your new siggy...what program do you use??? x

Hello AWOL'ers!! hehe x

Well iv had a bit of a traumatic bus ride today...basically to cut a long story short the driver was a mile away from the platform i pushed James pushchair so the back wheels were at the end of the bus step lowered the front wheels thinking they would be on the platform but oh no the front wheels went straight down the gap an if i hadnt got a good grip it would have been straight over...a lovely lady saw and just bolted towards the pushchair to stop it. My poor lil man could have been bloody serously hurt and the driver just gasped as he watched it happen and then stayed in his bloody seat not thinking to help! I was ok for about 5 minutes then the shock set in!

Anyway i better get some shut eye...james keeps stirring in his sleep and moaning...hoping its a tooth in time for his 1st birthday!!! :o) x

oooh forgot to say...i have only received 2 pics for the september stars collage...anyone wanting to go on it please send me a pic to [email protected] xx

OMG how awful !! was James ok ? did he cry ? must have been scary.. I can imagine my heart would have stopped.. Im too scared to take a pram on a bus or train.. hope your both ok now... xx

Thanks honey, but i just realised the photos are not central !! arghhhhh I use paint shop pro....

What collage ???? what photos do i send you ? i must have missed a post... xx

James was fine didnt cry or anything...he is a lil champ! xx

I offered to do something with our last bump pics!! Thought it would be nice one year on and all that...will only be basic but effective i hope lol x

Awwwwwwww ill send one now... so its just a bump pic full term..x

Had a nice day working at the Zoo doing elephant programs.
Then a date night with a lovely dinner and a terrible movie. We thought it might be campy and fun to see the remake of Conan. Oh dear. Good thing we weren't expecting much. :nope:
Tobe has eight teeth, all the front incisors are in. The premolars are just below the surface and there is a lot of drool and fussiness.
In fact, there's been some downright feistiness.
Simon has been pretty rough with Tobe the last few months. Just a bit of sibling rivalry, but you know how brutish toddlers can be. He likes to push Tobe and give him sneaky little punches. He gets reprimanded for it, but poor old Tobes has put up with a lot. Well, today seemed to be the end of Tobe's patience with it. He got frustrated with Simon trying to push him out of the way of one of their toys and he bent over and gave him a good hard bite on the leg!
And several times today, Tobe also achieved free standing.
A festival of milestones!
Sure hope the biting doesn't stick, but interesting to see the little personality assert itself.
Simon better watch himself. He's tall and strong, but Tobe's built like a brick shithouse. He is stocky and muscly. It won't be long before he'll be able to flatten Simon.
And only one week left until he's one!

btp - Tobe is still in with us, too. We're going to push for a transition to his own bed, though. He wakes up at 6:30 and starts playing with our faces and pulling hair for fun. :nope:

F&C - no sign of AF for me, either. It took me three months after weaning Simon to get my cycle back. And Tobe still BFs lots. I'm okay with it. It's my only form of BC these days! :haha:

Jayne! That sounds so lovely! So that's all you need? A bump picture that's full term? And I'm so happy to hear James is ok. It seems your bus drivers ate sh*t lately!! Wasn't it Claire that was sent flying not long ago? :(

Speaking of pictures, I totally forgot to add a birthday picture in my last post! Lol. Will do it tomorrow as I'm on my phone now.

Jayne that's awful! It amazes me at how thoughtless some people are. Although no doubt the driver didn't do it on purpose but he must have noticed a pram on board! How did he expect you to get off? Well thank goodness you're both ok.

I missed the bump pic post too. Will see if I have one to hand.

Kara where abouts are you again? I seem to remember you're about half an hour away. X

Thanks Sarah for the info re your af. How often are you bf? I reckon in 24 hours Harry has about 4 or 5 but sometimes more. I was wondering if that was too much at this age? X

Jayne I keep forgetting, mine are on Facebook I'll email you one soon as I can!

Peyton is doing so well, she's a little cutie! I've seen some of your tutus they're gorgeous!

Well done Rosie the next wobbler! I dont think lilia is close at all, she has no interest in it!! She is really well balanced but just won't!! I walked at ten months!

Jayne sorry forgot to say how scary about the bus! I would have been fuming! As if he hasnt gone through enough!

Ive forgotten everything else as I read an hour or so ago, just prepping now for lilias birthday party, feel very strange! As it's not her birthday till Tuesday I wasn't going to give her any presents today but think I might give her one or two!

thanks ladies James was fine which helped, he just sat there looking at this funny lady running towards him im sure! Iv sent them an email of complaint because i think its shocking x x

get those pics sent too ladies :) x x

Sounds awful LBB glad you and James are okay.
Ollie has no interest in walking yet either me and OH were late walkers so never thought Ollie would be an early walker.

Good Morning All,

Must send the pic of my bump, I put my bump pic as profile pic on fb, and i am changing it to Rosie on her birthday, although I am itching to do it now!!! It's as bad as waiting for her to arrive!!:haha:

Yes thanks Louise, we have a wobbly walker, she can do about 4 steps, and then launches herself at wherever she is going! She walks confidently around the furniture and launches herself between the sofa and foot stool box. She still climbs up on anything she can!

Lbb, Oh dear, not nice, its scary thinking what could have happened, I took a big fall with Rosie in the carrier, and she did hit the floor, she was drowsy, and moaning, and it was awful, you just don't know what the damage is until the hospital look, and i beat myself up about it, tbh i dont use the carrier like i did, I havent quite got to the point where i am selling it but close! She is fine now, she had a Huge lump at the base of her skull and had all the weird symptoms for about half an hour after, the lump went after a few days, and then I came up with all my bumps and bruises where i had fallen in a way trying to save her! It was awful.
Hope you don't feel too shaken up sweetie :hugs:

Lady k,
The radiator can be moved or depending on how close you want the wall to be to the rad, it depends if you want a wall that can stay or something less permenant which you would remove if you ever moved.
If its temporary then i wouldn't go moving too much stuff about and put up almost a screen that doesn't quite get to the end of the room so the window and rad is not affected.
If you want it there to stay then you can move a rad, but because it involves pipes, rads being drained, etc i would advise getting that done for you.
As for the window you can put a divider up between the window so one side has half and the other gets the rest, you have light in both rooms then, it may look a little odd but it would make both rooms share the light.
Have you thought about Ikea and fixing up some floor to ceiling unit in the middle of the room? It may be a cheaper and easier alternative, they seem to do full hight stuff, as long as it was fixed somewhere so there was no chance it fell, it would also create some storage space, you would just need to fill it up to make the partition!
I would look about at every option you could use, like the use of a pull out divider like they use in halls, (that would need a track on the floor and on the ceiling to run in, and you could just pull it out when you needed it?) or even a pull down blind, or a removable room divider.
Will keep thinking on it too!:hugs:

I don't know on the af, as i am not going to get mine back, the longest i think i went bf before af came back was 6 months, but he was weaned and the milk was just additional. :shrug: Sorry I am not much help, I know I just like not getting af! (omg i hope i don't get them when i stop feeding:haha:)

Sarah, lol, Rosie can't get to us as she is in her cot, although she is in with us more often then not by about 4 in the morning, having been up every 2 hours! She sleeps with us so i just leave her in with us, this morning she was patting Daddy's arm, she then decided his ear was something she could grab to pull herself up on and was slapping him in the face! :haha:

Mamabird, oh such lovely pics on fb, I am thinking i need to take more photos!!:hugs:

Right i had better go and get this bump pic emailed! I have one i prefer, it is not side on so size doesn't really show but it was about a week before she came, I remember waddling round Wookey Hole Caves where the pic was taken, a bit crazy now i think about it, could have been in a cave when i went into labour:haha:

One last thing, I am a bit worried about Rosie, she eats ok then about half an hour later she will gag on something and all her food will come back, she has done it 2 nights in a row now, and I remember Sophie being really sicky, so it worries me, I have a weak stomach valve and it looks like Rosie may have inherited it, otherwise the food should have gone down? I am going to see how it goes, are all babies on lumpy chunky foods? Perhaps i am giving her too many chunks and as she cant chew too well they are coming back?:shrug: May try smooth food for a while see if it still happens.

Big hugs to all, waves to all, sorry if i missed anyone,:hugs::kiss:BTPxx

Btp lilia eats food as it comes now but I chop it small for her, she now has a baby fork and tries to stab the food but tends to lift it to her mouth with nothing on it!! She didn't like purees with lumps, just smooth or solid!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->