September Stars

Oh and Emzy, that photo of Holly is gorgeous!! I can't believe how she has grown!

is anyone bf and formula? what are the pro's and cons???

Hey hun - are you thinking of mixing? I'm wondering if i can use some formula when i leave Amelia with a friend in 2 weeks time as i'm struggling to express :nope:. We are going out fot he evening so i'll be away for about 7-8 hours, not sure if i can get enough off to see her through that long :shrug:
Lemme know if you find anything out - hope your all well. I will try to call in the week, wednesday or friday it'll be xxx

Hey Limpetsmum, I breastfeed but give the occassional bottle of formula. Riley takes them both really well without problem so perhaps if you express and have some ready made formula to hand then Amelia will definately have enough milk. I give him aptamil and he seems to enjoy it. Hope this helps. xx

hey everyone

Hope your all well =)

Thanks for the kind messages about Roxy - she is lots better and is smiling lots!! =) She even slept from 9.45 last night until 4.45 this morning!! :O mad or what!!

Hope everyone has a good night tonight!

xxxxxxxx

limpet - I give the occasional bottle of formula when I am dying for a break from the clusterfeeding marathon. I have had absolutely no problem doing both. At one point, when I was dealing with a lot of nipple pain, I was doing a bottle of formula daily. Tobe clearly prefers the boob (which he gets 99% of the time), but unless he's in a real mood, he'll take either.
Every baby is different, though, so maybe experiment a bit before you go for your night out?

Asher have a great holiday hope the weather holds out for you even though I'm sure the boys wouldn't care if it rained or not.

I was combo feeding but I'm probably not the best person to ask regarding feeding as I struggled so much with bf supply. However I know that lots of people manage to do it successfully, hope you both find an answer soon

F&C hope you manage to get Harry to take a bottle xx

Thanks Asher / F&C about not thinking I overeacted about Mil. I feel more confident about my role as mum today and so know next time I will speak up.

Had a lovely day today finally a day without visitors. It's lovely seeing people but at the same time it's nice to relax and just be together as a family . Especially as it's our last day before DH goes back to work.

Had a bad night with JJ last night from 11 until 4 he was up the whole time crying only thing that settled him was next to me in bed watching Peter Andre ..... I think it was more the cuddle than the tv that finally settled him :)

Quick question it's 2 1/2 weeks since my labour and tonight my bleeding has got heavy again and bright red .... Did anyone else have mixture of light and heavy flows or should I be telling the doctor?

Got the health visitor for the first time tomorrow, can't wIt to find out how much JJ is weighing now

Hope you have all had a good weekend xx

Evening all!!

Hope everyone is ok? xxx

Stmw, glad Roxy is feeling better, brilliant nights sleep!!

Asher, have a fab hol xx

Jelly, mine was heavy and light, if you are worried go see your Dr xx

I have had a lovely birthday, got lots of birthday money, but don't quite know what to buy?!!! I need to some new shoes and new coat so could treat myself!! Hope has been a star, she has been guzzling 6oz's!!! I got a letter off my new HV, she is coming round begining of November, I am sure Hope will weigh about 12lbs then!! Her 0-3 is getting rather snug as she is so long!!! I feel another shopping trip coming on!!

Ian is back to work tomorrow, he is commuting and hour to work so gona be a long day, I am quite looking forward to it!! I have done my tea for tomorrow night, cleaned, and done the ironing so I have very little to do tomorrow!!

Thanks everyone, a late one from me tonight! Trying to get some stuff organised for the hol, and failing miserably! I keep reminding myself it's only 4 nights, and only in the lakes, therefore there are shops nearby if I forget something! Grrrr. It will get done in the morning! I've just finished my ironing and have some red wine in a glass. Sam fed at 9.30 so I'm fine with a wee bit before bed.
I did manage to do some cleaning and get my swim in, so am pleased about that. Also weighed myself again and am chuffed to be back to 11st. The feeding is definitely doing it!

Jelly, my bleeding was heavy again after about 3 weeks but wasn't a period. Have you had a day where you've done too much or done a lot of walking? That can make your bleeding heavier and redder. Hee hee for little JJ on the reality TV!! x

Limpets and Carley, I've not mixed but I know it works for some people!

STMW glad Roxy's getting better!

Glad you had a good b'day Becs! And glad someone else's LO is getting too big for their 0-3 stuff! I am holding out with Sam now until we get back, but then I'll have to start on the 3-6 month stuff. He's in 3-6 vests but that's all for now, bless him! Big lad!

Right then, off for a quick facebook catch up before bed. Doubt I'll have time to bob on in the morning before we go, but will try and catch up via the wonders of the mobile phone! I think we're taking the laptop and the dongle, but the connection might be a bit crap! It's soooo weird to think that the last time I was typing from the dongle I was in Wales on hols, 30 weeks pregnant! How time flies eh?

Night night ladies, lots of love! x

Jelly- sometimes it goes back to heavy flow when you have been doing too much ?

Asher- enjoy your hols

becs- enjoy your first day on your own, i too have a long baby who isnt wearing 0-3 clothes anymore

we had a nice night out on sat , the girls didnt settle too well for grandparents and they were a little frazzled, said i deserve a medal :0

Today we went to the baby show at earls court it was fantastic had such a good day, we got some new bottles for Layla, pink butterfly muslins and two morrck baby wraps for the buggy , these are fantastic and would totally recommend them!
best thing was all the free stuff i have so many baby food jars to put in the cupboard, the baby feeding area were giving away packs of six jars as you walked past as well as free spoons towels nappys cocoa butter the list goes on.

We as usual got twin attention but mainly today people asking about our buggy , dh said he was going to set up a stand and do a speech :)

Lynda I just googled those baby wraps! They look fab! Sounds like you had a good day!

Genies, sounds like you had a fab day!! I have just ordered a morrck!!! They look fab, I have been looking for something like this for ages!!

Morning all. Well after 6 changes of clothes from exploding poo and sick, Harry is now asleep.. phew..

Thought I'd post a link to my dh's blog. He's running the London marathon next year so has created this page to help get sponsorship. I read the latest entry the other day and it made me cry... https://maradonny.blogspot.com/

BTP a friend of mine is getting her birth explained to her also by the head MW here...she had an awful birth :hugs:

Limpets have you tried baby massage? We use one of them on Rosalie and she lets out a HUGE fart or poo after :lol: Tabs was a really windy sore baby it was awful :hugs: :hugs:

Glad you had a good day Becs

Asher - Have a nice Holiday!

Becs - Glad you had a nice Birthday

Genies - And glad you had a fun day

Ellie has been unsettled all day today, just managed to get her to go to sleep. I know she's tired and she does look tired but she just won't sleep. She's constantly wanting feeding. The health visitor came over and she couldnt understand why she wouldnt settle really, just one of those things. Ellie is 9lb today at 7 weeks! i loooveee her little chub :p

I made a post in General chatter about this spooky thing that's been happening this week.
It started a week ago when my OH was taking our daughter up the stairs counting them and got to 13, I shouted up "oh thirteen steps? that's unlucky!" and he was all "nah, I don't believe in that stuff" so we never thought anything of it again until about 3 days later when I was at my dads house cleaning for him while he was working. I was hoovering the creases in the sofa and found a tiny, tiny piece of paper with the number 13 written on it. I told my OH and was getting pretty creeped out by now saying how I was sure bad lucks heading my way but again shrugged it off.
I was just feeding Ellie and putting her in her bouncer when I looked down on the floor and there's ANOTHER tiny little sticker with the number 13 on it stuck right on the floor directly in front of me facing the right way up and everything. Just text my OH and he's starting to agree it's weird.

I'm really spooked out waiting for something horrible to happen! I'm even dreading taking Ellie for her jabs next week incase something bad happens.
https://i52.tinypic.com/153lo5e.jpg
I know it's only a number and I shouldn't worry though.

Ellie's smiling now quite a lot, I love it. She's so adorable!

Attachments

• DSCF9022.jpg
    DSCF9022.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 2
I made a post in General chatter about this spooky thing that's been happening this week.
It started a week ago when my OH was taking our daughter up the stairs counting them and got to 13, I shouted up "oh thirteen steps? that's unlucky!" and he was all "nah, I don't believe in that stuff" so we never thought anything of it again until about 3 days later when I was at my dads house cleaning for him while he was working. I was hoovering the creases in the sofa and found a tiny, tiny piece of paper with the number 13 written on it. I told my OH and was getting pretty creeped out by now saying how I was sure bad lucks heading my way but again shrugged it off.
I was just feeding Ellie and putting her in her bouncer when I looked down on the floor and there's ANOTHER tiny little sticker with the number 13 on it stuck right on the floor directly in front of me facing the right way up and everything. Just text my OH and he's starting to agree it's weird.

I'm really spooked out waiting for something horrible to happen! I'm even dreading taking Ellie for her jabs next week incase something bad happens.
https://i52.tinypic.com/153lo5e.jpg
I know it's only a number and I shouldn't worry though.

Ellie's smiling now quite a lot, I love it. She's so adorable!

It depends how you look at it, in our house it's a lucky number, we have a few 13th's for birthdays and so it's always been a lucky number for us!
When i was ttc my 2yr old 2 months had gone with no luck, then i went into our room and a white feather was on the floor, i thought little of it til i found another one the next day, also in our room, I kept them both and got my bfp that month, i am sure it was someone telling me i was pregnant!
Got no 'help' the next time and it took us 9 months to get pregnant!
Think happy thoughts, hopefully your little numbers are a sign of something good to come! xx:hugs:

Bekks, thats is spooky xxx

I have bought a new pushchair for Hope, just to get in the car eaiser and for shopping trips!! Bought the Petite star zia+, my firnd has one and its fab!! Bonus that it lies back too!! Can't wait for it to come now!!!

The thing with the 13's is strange...and so close to Halloween.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->