September Stars

Hi All,

Yes all ok as far as I know, the death toll was 7 for the crash and it is our local road for any motorway trip, we were there last week when we went to Plymouth. Really nasty crash, looks like the didn't stand a chance of getting out, truly terrible.
Until they release names I won't know if i know anyone, but my immediate family are fine, the first thing we did was contact everyone close.

We had fireworks with friends last night, Rosie hated them, and cried with every pop and bang!
We had hotdogs and my friends bought cakes, and one is rather competitive and bought boxes of cupcakes and a HUGE chocolate cake surrounded in whoopie cakes, so needless to say it was chocolate cake for breakfast, everyone took a box of cakes away with them and we still have 3 boxes! lol
Have posted a pic of the girls on my fb, I met their Mum's in hospital when i was having Sophie, and her 2 little friends were being born too, we have stayed in touch and see each other as much as we can for the girls to play, they were dressing up and trashed the girls room! lol This is what our babies will look like in 3 years! :hugs:

Ym, Hoping they find out what is troubling Pippa soon and find a fast and effective treatment for her, thinking of you all xx:hugs:

Genies, poor baby, hope she is feeling better soon xx

Had smear results through, how about that for mega quick! All looks ok, so thats it for 3 years:happydance:

Opti, Lol your post did make me chuckle, I know exactly where you are coming from, its like someone giving you earings in a ring box when you are expecting a ring! But it did remind me of my sister when she was little who at receiving a riding hat from my parents said to me, ''I don't understand why Mummy and Daddy would buy me a riding hat without buying me a pony'' I still quote her to it to this day!!:haha:

Sorry got to go, hope i havent missed anyone xx need to register my dd for her school for next sept, we want to put her down for a local school, so i think we will get it but it is slightly further than another so want to get in there first!

Big :hugs::hugs: xxbtpxx

Aww Opti thats a bit mean really...bit like buying someone car mats when they havent got a car! You should have put it on the dog Hehe x

thanks about the comments about james, he seems to be getting better with the milk now but dont think he will be on it long as it seems to be going straight through him and it doesnt smell!? Sorry for tmi X

Hey girls,

Btp, glad to hear test results were good x

Lbb- really pleased to hear he is doing well x

Optical- I had to laugh because I have asked for a rug for Xmas, for Paige's room.... But not so good when u don't want one ... Want to swap for what ever my parents get me lol I had to tell mum not to buy me what she normally gets me as most of it is stuff I don't want, but it's hard to say that to and not sound ungrateful lol x

It was like a war zone at work yesterday night, not a sole out but bangs going off all around me, I ended up screaming like a right idiot.. Hated it !

Btp- I have been watching the news on that crash, it's awful, glad u and your family are ok. X

Eeee I'm excited! I'm bidding on a nearly new icandy apple on ebay and it ends in half an hour. I hope I win! Blob is selling me her converter and bits and my mum and dad are putting money towards the apple. It's right close to my mum and dads as well, so my mum can collect it. I hope I win!

Emzy - Excellent news cant believe you've sorted out your pram already ! Good Work !

Btp - Glad none of your friends and family have been affected. Our work warehouse is just by their so really hoping all is well with the team as that stretch of road gets used loads by our drivers.

LBB - so gald James is settling into things its amazing how hes such a happy baby now considering how much he has been through

Louise - is it today that Wayne is leavning. Hope all is ok :hugs:

Opti - since going back to work and DH now commuting an hour and half on the motorway so getting home late each evening im really struggling to find the time to exercise. I know I need to get back into it and am trying to up my exercise at work but I struggle to do the day to day at the moment. Really need to get back into it and start dieting again :-( Otherwise i'll end up gaining the weight ive lost and I cant afford to do that. I'd love to lose a stone by christmas and know its completely achievable I just cant get focused to do it :blush: Have to admit that's pretty weird your mum and dad getting you the horse blanket for your birthday. Are they assuming you would be getting another horse? Can you have a horse whilst having two children ? My friends horse had to be out to sleep a couple of weeks ago from colic (literally appeared overnight) - shes still uterly and totally devasted that horse has been through so much with her. Shes already saving for another horse as she says she needs to be working towards something to keep her mind off things

Been baking lemon and raisin cupcakes today never seen JJ eat one so quickly. Want to make some healthy oaty muffins or bars or something packed with fruit, anyone else done baking for LO? He loved watching me stir in the flour and break the eggs etc cant wait until he can properly help / hinder me in the kitchen. Think he might ne getting a new bug as he has slept loads over this weekend and didnt wake until 9 this morning which is so unlike him. He could just be catching up on what hes missed during the week at nursery but hes bringing up loads of phlegm too.

Hope everyones having a good weekend

Fishy - How's your new house have you settled in now?

:hi:
Sorry I've been such a rotten threadmate.
I wrote a huge long newsy post a few days ago, but tried posting it just as the server back-up kicked in and lost the whole stupid thing.

I've been skimming and trying to keep up!

First:
YM - thinking of you and Pippa and hoping everything is solved quickly and that you can bring a healthy little baby home with you as soon as possible. Sick babies are heartbreaking. :hugs:
lbb - have been thinking about you and James and am so so delighted that the operation went so well and that he is back to his charming and feisty little self! :) Again, I cannot imagine how scary it is to go through that and am so glad that all is well. :hugs:

So many sick mamas and babies right now! :( Get better, all of you!

We're all fighting off a minor cold. The weather has really turned here and the first snowfalls are hitting us out west.
We had a lovely weeklong visit with my in-laws (while I was performing the Hallowe'en shows at the Zoo) and then packed up and drove the long 8-hour drive through the mountains to the interior of BC to spend the rest of our holiday time with my parents (while I am trying to get several other writing projects sorted out). I sort of collapse into bed at the end of each day - just so worn out from so much going on.
We head back to Calgary tomorrow and will be back into our regular schedule this week.
Hope everyone is well (or at least on the mend! :))!

Hi all, sorry cant reply to all as Wayne is off to Jordan later tonight but sending more hugs to pippaand ym, hoping for answers soon!

I hate that Lilia is oblivious to the fact Wayne is gone for almost 6 weeks tonight (leaves at 2.45am bloody army!) it's almost a year to the day that he left for Afghanistan!! Can't believe it.. He's not been back as long as he was gone yet!!! Crazy stuff. She will really notice he's not here this time as she's older. Hope she takes it ok!! Will catch up tomorrow x

Louise :hugs: I hope she will adapt quickly to the change xxx

Sarahkka - we still have fairly mild weather at the moment for nov our typical rain has just started. Think in 2 weeks they suspect us to have snow too have a great time with the parents

Hugs Louise I can't beleive it's that time again x

Ym more well wishes to you and pip! How's Kimi taking it all?

Jelly your commute sounds hideous you poor thing ! Your baking however sounds lush ! Lucky jj !

Emzy yay for your icandy ! Your gonna love it ! X

Btp glad you had a good evening , love the pic of Sophie and pals x

Layla now has the hand foot and mouth and is really struggling she was up every hour last night abd looks like tonight will be the same , Amelia is getting better but still unsettled, ive got the mouth ulcers now too !

GG - does it last quite long the hand foot and mouth? Can it reappear ? Hope both girls feel better soon sounds a nasty illness.

Aw poor babies GG, I hope they get better soon. I have a mouth full of ulcers, they really really hurt and I feel so run down. I guess it's from being sick so much, but it is a bit odd as Holly had ulcers last week when she wasn't feeling well, so guess she could have had the hand, foot and mouth thing, but the only rash she had was on her nappy area.... but thinking about it, the week before she had a rash over her tummy when my mum was here visiting and she said it looked a bit like the start of chicken pox, but it went after 2 days.

I don't think the rash always has to move the virus reacts differently? I think. Emzy I cannot believe how ill you are :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: I feel really bad for you.

I hope Pippa is doing ok :(

GG aw hon your poor girls mine I wondered if they had hand foot and mouth. We were all around it but the girls just seem to have a virus but doesn't seem to be developing into anything.

Opti OMG that's so mean...though Christmas is coming up :lol: I would die if my parents had done that to me. On a side note Tabs was jumping her pony today was so proud she is a total nutter. Trying to teach her to sit forward over the fence ha ha. Had my sisters advanced eventer down there over a pole on the ground fairly sure he should have fallen over it heehee. I suck as my pony is sitting in his stable all very sad, I think I should send him off for some dressage until I can give him enough time.

Well I now have a major custom pram issue :rofl: emzy knows all about this, but omg!! I've just put down one custom order, bought another last week. Oh and trying to get a new hood :blush:

tell us more about your pram blob! :) x

im sure we adjust quickly Louise hugs hun x

on the hand dont and mouth note, James has had all the viral symptoms but no blisters but he had them in July so maybe he is immune to them!? Well my go in the cot awake and be asleep in seconds baby has turned into a i want you to rock me to sleep baby! Grrr x

also really strange but iv never known an adult to get hand dont and mouth!

Thanks for all the well wishes ladies!!

Pippa has been transferred to neo-natal and will be having a biopsy tomorrow!!

Will keep you updated with more news as and when!!

Hope everyone is okay!!

xx

Emzy that sound like Holly did have it the blisters appear on the feet hands and inside the mouth and in the young on the nappy area and sometimes legs and arms. You don't always get the blisters in all of the places just a combination , the virus makes you feel generally unwell it has 3-5 days incubation then the mouth ulcers appear then other blisters it takes 3-5 days to clear up .
Mine have been very dribbly with it , Layla last night screamed for 2 hours solid nothing seemed to help , Amelia on the whole has handled it better and seems on the mend! I've phoned in sick from work again I know I'm not going to be very popular but what can I do I have to look after my girls !

Ym big hugs!

Louise how are you today ? X

Oh Genies, how do you cope? It must be awful with them both poorly, and as I remember its a real nasty one hand foot and mouth, I had never heard of it til Ben had it, he hed been playing football in the park, and you know how small children put the ball up to their face all the time, he was doing that and a short while later he got it, I was sure it was rats in the park and his ball rolling on the floor and him putting the ball up to his face and licking it. He had slapped cheek as a lo too, my others never had either of those!
Hope the girls feel better soon xx:hugs:

Jelly, until they release names i wont know if it was anyone local in that accident, when my friend died it was only on fb i found out i am sure i would have missed the papers saying about it, :cry::hugs:

We have hospital today for dh, he has been re reffered for tests to try and get a diagniosis, which would be better as someone can tell him to get up and get on with it! He is in spasm atm though so a teaspoon of sympathy from me for that!:haha:

Can't stay here long, got to check out facebook, and had a brainwave to try and find a second hand screen for my broken laptop, just an idea that may get my dead laptop on the go, and make sure i have got all my photos off it onto my photo sites!

Back soon, big hugs :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->