September Stars

Sorry you're feeling bad hun, I read that sickness is a good thing for the baby ! Meaning it's your body's way of trying to stop/expel anything that might harm the baby.. So the more ill you are the more your body is protecting the baby :)

Good luck emzy x

My baby must be very well protected then ha ha! :haha: Feel better soon FB, it's awful x

Any of you girls going for c section ? Now you can choose .... I used to think that's all I would ask for but I don't think I would now..

GG- sorry to hear your feeling down about not going with your mum ?Can u not get the time off at all ? Are your work funny with you about it all ? Good luck with your meeting.. x

Emzy- what's your boss visiting for ? Is it one of those home sickness visits ? Good luck x

Emzy my sickness was 10x worse with my son....is it worse than with holly ? X

lady k i doubt many hospitals will let people choose because of costs! its not law its only a NICE guideline which basically means its up to the individual trusts but with nhs funding being so tight i doubt it'll happen. personally i think unless you have a medical reason then you should have to pay to go private if you want a csection. i also don't see why anyone would choose a csection for no reason its major surgery!

hope everyones meetings etc went well.

i had the most morning sickness with jayden, none with tyler and once with alyssa.

FB - Hope your feeling better soon hun. It is so rubbish being ill and having to look after a LO. I had the sickness bug last week and felt so guilty as I kept drifting in and out of sleep and couldn't play with olivia or anything. :hugs: xxx

GG - I'm with Louise can you take them as compassionate leave ? Hope your mum's appt goes ok. xxx

Emzy - I am the same. I am always drawn to the girly stuff, I think its a combination of having the 4 nieces though and a daughter. I'm looking forward to looking for lovely blue things now. I think a boy for you Emzy !! No idea why but I can't believe a girl could be putting you through all this sickness :haha: I have no idea how you are managing hun after being ill for so long now. xxx Oh and how did your boss visit/interrogation go ?? x

Kara - I could of elected for this pregnancy to have a section. I decided to see what the consultant said and go with what he recommended. He recommended actually he insisted that I have a vbac !! And I am extremely happy with that. My section wasn't straight forward - I lost too much blood, the wound ruptured, I have horrific scarring and more. I could change my mind if I wanted too but I really dont want to put myself, Olivia or the rest of my family through it again. xxx

Will be back later to catch up. xxxx

Kara yes it is slightly worse this time than with Holly, although I had it pretty bad with her too! I'd lost 7lbs by my 12 week appointment this time whereas with Holly I'd gained a stone even with being sick! It had gone by 14 weeks with Holly, here's hoping the same happens, although it's not looking likely!

Yes it was a home visit as I've been off more than 4 weeks. It was fine, just a formality really and I had to sign a thing for occupational health to say they can contact my GP if they want to. I signed it as I've told them everything I've told the GP anyway, I've got nothing to hide! They're just bothered about when I'll be back and keep asking when it'll be likely I'll be back and I keep saying I don't know, it really just depends on when the sickness improves! I feel like they expect me to have a magic ball or something!!

In terms of c section, no I won't be requesting one! Even with the long labour, bad tear and stitches and the operation I had to have this year to repair them, I still wouldn't choose a section over vaginal birth! Speaking of which, I have to see the consultant after my 20 week scan because of my tear/stitches issues. I don't know what she's gonna say about it though! A friend of mine had a 3rd degree tear and was advised to have a section with her 2nd, but mine was only borderline 3rd degree and even so, I think I'd rather another bad tear than a section (the thought of another tear scares me, a section scares me more!!)

emzy my section was fine and I'd be happy to tell you all about it if you end up having to go down that route x

Ladies thankyou so much for all the comments mum got on fine she should be having it done in two weeks time get it out the way before Xmas!

Didn't get on so well at work as you know my mum , inlaws and friend cover my childcare so I can work but obviously mums Ill and things crop up with the others, my boss is concerned about the time I've had off so far this term ( 4 days ) and that I'm not reliable !! she wants to change my contract to reflect this because I may have time off in the future ( because of school holidays I have no term time entitlement ) I burst into tears as I feel I'm being pushed out because I have kids and responsibilities to my sick mother! Am I over reacting? She said she has to think of the whole team who cover me when I'm not there ! ?

Thank you Genies, that would be great if that ends up being how this baby is born. I just seem to hear nothing but horror stories about c sections and how awful the recovery is so I've been saying to myself I'd rather another bad tear any day! Which is funny as the recovery from my tear took til May this year when I had the operation!!

That's awful about your work, they are not being very compassionate at all!! I understand that they have to put things in place, but what good does changing your contract do? What did she want to change it to?

GG - :hugs: If I were you, genie, I would find out your rights very thoroughly. It sounds rather discriminatory to me. Your absences have been entirely situational and you should be shown compassion in the case of a serious illness with your mum, not made to feel guilty, anxious, and stressed because your boss doesn't want to be inconvenienced. Is there any advisory body you can speak to about this? Like a labour board or something? If she's acting that way, you should be prepared to defend yourself.

Gg I agree with Sarah, speak to your union, they can't do that! Is she aware of the situation with your mum? To be honest I'd feel inclined to go to your gp and get signed off with stress for a couple of weeks to spite them!!

Thanks guys ! I don't have a union or anything it's a private nursery school , one I've worked in for many many years ! They know all about the situation with mum , they also know that with what I earn I can't afford a childminder so am extremely fortunate with the family support I have but I can't garantee that they will be able to do it all the time and thats what there problem is ! don't need it right now !

work eh :)

GG I hope you get it sorted that is shocking behaviour and pretty disgusting as a human being not to have some sort of understanding :grr:

Emzy how was the visit?

Robin got the job... :wohoo: very exiting but also means from now until April I will hardly see him :wacko: comes home next month and works full time for the farm. Away till the 4th away on the 9th for training and then off to Texas. Hmmm... Craziness.

Baby group photos tomorrow got so much to do!!

:hugs: to everyone who is feeling shit :hugs:

Going to paint the house for an hour :rofl:

GG - I would advise going to a citizens advice bureau and see if they can assist or what they are asking for is fair. I have been to one in the past and found them brilliant in helping me to know what I should do next and how etc xxx :hugs: I think it's very sad how your work have been treating you. Glad your mums appointment went well xx

Blob - wow congrats , is the turkey farm still running even though Robin has been away? Must be hard all this time apart :hugs:

Emzy - glad your home visit went ok. Is the sickness subsiding any?

After great day at work yesterday , today has been rubbish :rofl: everything went wrong all day nothing was simple and I'm still having HR issues with one of my staff fedup.com !

I agree that you shouldn't have a c section unless absolutely necessary as it is a major procedure. having said that i have had 2 sectiins and both went extremly well and my recovery was brilliant. had sectionz as my body failed to go into labour at all!! I think the main thing for me is that baby arrives safely by whatever means that's needed.

Gg - sorry to hear work is rubbish but if they're insistent on the contract issue can you arrangea trial period of working differently without being permanent change to your contract to see how it goes and have you exhausted your company's special leave allowances? I'm doing a trial flexible working pattern for 6 months to see if it works and id it does a perm arrangement is then made. have you gone through the flexible working avenue yet where you could put forwars working at home if childcare fails if feasable in your job. hope you work it out xx

I think thats the point Blondie... You have c secs when its needed when its an emergency or something that you have to do for you and your baby. Then anyway your baby arrives is fine so long as they arrive in the best condition. Its when like the STUPID woman on the radio said 'oh I think we should all be able to have them as i've heard labour is painful' :WTF: Uhr you are going to have MAJOR surgery rather than something natural, you would rather go through that than a small amount of pain for that baby you are meant to love more than anything in the world to bring them into the world how they are MEANT to be!! Sorry I have major issues ha ha. I have no time or patience for people like that :blush: I think that all woman should have choices but they should actually know the risks not the bullshit that surgeons and OB tell you :gun:

:rofl: Sorry

Thanks for all the Facebook wishes as you saw layla woke up in the night and was struggling to breath making a horrid noise and went all grey we decided to take her to hosp as she was struggling so we took Amelia to mums , paediatrics had closed so we had to wait in normal a and e , she sat so quietly didn't murmer , not like Layla , but in the two hours we waited she got better , they said it was either an asthma attack or croup but won't know unless it happens again. Not the best of days yesterday !

Jelly sorry you had a rubbish day too hope today is better!

Genies hope layla is feeling better this morning x

I'm so exited!! So I've been moaning about how I can't afford a gender scan but really want one and I get an email this morning to cheer me up! Remember how we got free scans with holly at this private clinic near us, because they were getting so much business from Matts blog? They had a massive influx of customers as they'd read Matts blog so we got 2 free scans and a discounted 4d scan. Well I emailed their generic email address for an updated price list (so I could moan some more about how I couldnt afford it! Lol) and the sonographer emailed me back this morning. She's offered to do me a gender scan in return for some advice from Matt, as she's been asked to write a piece for a national magazine and doesn't know where to start! Yipee so we should find out the sex this side of crimbo after all!! How lucky is that!

Emzy - Lucky you :p I need to see a bump pic... then i'll have a gender guess :p

GG - Hope Layla is better!!

Off to buy my SS pressie today.... i hope they like it!!!! Are we all opening on Christmas day or before??

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->