September Stars

Olivia loves the boot !!! She spends ages playing with it and pressing the doorbell and shoving people in and out of the door !! I thought it was very pretty but we got ours when birthday club was on so got 20% off it so was abit cheaper.

If your not a member then join ELC birthday club !! They email you the month before any birthday with a 20% off voucher. And you can add as many kids as you like so I did all my nieces and then a few friends kids !! xx

Teeny - I forgot to ask did you win your double buggy ? What did you go for ?

After everyone saying they werent keen on the Phil and Teds I borrowed my friends icandy and tried it out with my dog and the 2 other dogs I walk. A big fat NO GOOD !!! If I just needed one for pushing about town I am sure it would be perfect but for a girl like me who has to do rough terrain every day it did not pass the test. Soooo managed to get a P&Ts off ebay in perfect condition for £90 and collected it locally. Much, much better for walking the woofs and I was surprised as the baby is nowhere near to the floor as I thought it would be (the cocoon thing goes on the main seat and then you add a seat on the front instead !) Anyway chuffed with my little bargain !!

Bargain Laura! I hope the icandy is ok for me. I don't walk dogs or anything but I do walk to and from town. My other icandy was ideal for that, so I hope this will be as well. Bit late now if not ha ha! I tried out a P&T and it wasn't for me, not sure what it is about it... I think it was the way the baby goes in the cocoon in the back bit that I didn't like. The problem with doubles is that there are never any perfect ones I don't think, they always have some problem or another! I'm getting my Apple this weekend then I can have a go at putting it all together! Excited!

Speaking of which, blob I am probably being really thick, but I can't figure out how you put the carrycot fabric on the seat?? I am probably over thinking it lol What do I do?? Also, is it the lower carrycot that I have? I might have to get my Dad to do it when he's here as I'm rubbish at putting stuff together ha ha!

Laura I feel your pain with the sleep, I have had a similar amount over the last 2 days. Holly has 4 teeth coming through at once and now a bad cold and so is constantly up and down and will not settle in her cot. She won't go in bed with us and will only sleep in my arms in the rocking chair. So no sleep for Mummy and then I have to go to work in the evening, I am shattered!!!

Did any of you have a swinging crib? What did you think about it? I saw one in babies r us and fell in love with it. But I don't want to waste money if they are not worth it. The thing I am thinking is that Holly wouldn't sleep in her moses, so that was a waste!

I joined the ELC Birthday club for Sophie and never hear another thing! Think I should have another go! :haha:

Ladyk, Yay, lets hope you get your bfp quick, with little miss clingy her I wouldn't even think of another, she would be insanely green! :hugs:

Laura, sorry you have been having such a rough time of it with teething, I think I am used to madam being up so much! I was thinking about putting my spare cot in the girls room as she seems to love it in there but i will just move her after Christmas. Hope you get some :sleep:xxx:hugs:

Fb, not just Rosie then! the first one she was fine with but her second she went crazy! :hugs:

Ym, Like Louise said I wouldn't worry too much on custody etc, (the Eastenders story line where the child has been taken off the Mum just like that is so wrong, that wouldn't happen,) my eldests dad has thrown every accusation possible at me over the years, and I have had all the rights, just as well, idiot! :haha:
Hope your feeling ok sweetie :kiss:

Emzy, wow, look at your Avacado sized baby thinking how fast its going! lol xx

Clingy baby again, she is REALLY clingy, atm she is trying to get up on the sofa, screaming and pulling sad faces at me, and snoofing! (huffing and puffing!)
We had snow today, it came down really heavy for a while but has all gone now! It felt really christmasy but got me a bit worried that if we get snowed in christmas last bits will be difficult! My shopping i would just do online and let them worry about how to get it to me! Last year we went to the shop and crawled home in the snow, literally just limped in!

Please save me from all the Christmas food! :xmas14:

Back tomorrow, hugs all, xxx

YM, sorry to hear about you and Luke. I was a single parent from when my DS was 11 months and for 6 years after that. We managed just fine and Chance has a fab relationship with his dad. It was so hard at first but now it just works. I hope you are okay and both your little princesses are doing well.
Louise, what naughty kittys you have!
Go LadyK on the TTC...we want another BFP real soon. x

On the subject of DS father, he and his wife had a little sister for Chance today. She weighed in at 7lb 10oz so I am sure I will get to meet her soon. Chance is chuffed!
However, the circle of life is apparant and my fathers dear friend passed away last night. Thrilled that a baby has been born, but sad for my father at the same time.

On a brighter note, I had the MW and I got to hear my little bubbas heartbeat albeit for a few seconds! They tried again, but bubba was not having any of it...a naughty little one already! lol The heartrate was 145bpm and sounded like a train, so my DS has informed me he is definately having another brother!

It has been so chilly here today and the wind is icy cold. I had best find my hat and gloves.
I hope you have all enjoyed a lovely day.

P.S...when is SS opening? Still 24th? I am sooo impatient! xx

Glad your baby is going well and congrats to ds on being a big brother again x

Laura I'm sorry your not getting the rest you need at the moment

Everytime I've sat down to do this today something has happened ! Girls have just scoffed tea and are eager to get going again so I'd best do that , there was lots I wanted to say I'll pop back

Oh and no ss yet sorry x

Laura I feel your pain with the sleep, I have had a similar amount over the last 2 days. Holly has 4 teeth coming through at once and now a bad cold and so is constantly up and down and will not settle in her cot. She won't go in bed with us and will only sleep in my arms in the rocking chair. So no sleep for Mummy and then I have to go to work in the evening, I am shattered!!!

Did any of you have a swinging crib? What did you think about it? I saw one in babies r us and fell in love with it. But I don't want to waste money if they are not worth it. The thing I am thinking is that Holly wouldn't sleep in her moses, so that was a waste!

I did struggle a little with the three wheels on the P&Ts !! Not used to that but the cocoon bit is deceptive in pics as it is actually where the baby would normally sit. It just looks low to the ground in pics if I am honest !!!

Olivia sounds exactaly like Holly at the moment - She won't go in her cot but won't go in with us as she wants her own space. Ive slpt (if you can call it that :cry:) sat upright in bed with her in my arms screaming on and off !!

And yep to the swinging crib. We have one and Olivia loved it ! Try and get one locally if you can 2nd hand and then get a new mattress if poss instead?? xx

I've got a mattress and a swinging crib. I use the moses basket downstairs and the crib upstairs and she'll happily sleep in either lol.

Cribs last bait longer than moses baskets because they are slightly bigger.

:xmas3: Hi Boony !!! xx

How is Tyler getting on in his toddler bed ? Olivia is being a pain in the bum at the moment and gets out in the middle of the night and keeps sneaking into our room !! A couple of times she has managed to climb into ed with us without us knowing !!!

Hi Laura, he's doing great thanks he does get out and we hear him running around but when he's ready he gets back in and goes to sleep. He's always in it in the morning when we go in. We are quite lucky that he can't get out of his room, we have to shut his door because of the cats and he can't reach the handle so he doesn't come into our room. He's also been abit poorly this last week so he's been very happy to go to bed! lol

Has anyone heard anything about ERF becoming compulsory up till the age of 2? I heard that as of 2013 children under 2 will have to be rear-facing. at the minute Jayden and Tyler are forward facing and by 2013 tyler will be 2 anyway but i'm thinking ahead for alyssa she will be turning 2 in sept 2013 so would need to be rear facing if this is true??

Lilia loved her Moses basket, it was a godsend as we did so much travelling with her because my parents are up in north notts/south Yorkshire border, and Wayne's parents are in the west country.. We just took it with us wherever we went and we never had a problem settling her.. I thought at the time it was the familiarity but actually now I realise she is so chilled out it could just have been her nature! Because she was dinky she was in it till she was 4 months so we got plenty of use!

Teeny, congratulations to chance, so she didn't have to wait too long then! Hee hee! It's so lovely to see you happy for them, couldn't be further away from Wayne's ex who refuses to acknowledge Lilia when she comes to pick up the boys and walks away if she makes her way to the door to see who it is! I don't care, I don't want Lilia to ever have to come into contact with her after the nasty horrible things she has said about her ... 'stupid hair, alien face' to name but a few.. Makes my blood boil. How's Riley today? Lilia says sorry!! X

I wonder who was supposed to send yours GG? It's been a while now, maybe we should check everyone has sent who was supposed to? It was supposed to be a week and a half ago so wonder if your dh made a mistake and left you off? Ask him!

Jelly thank you for asking about Lilia walking! It's soooo frustrating, as teeny witnessed on Friday she can walk just fine alone, but she just doesn't do it much! She walks rather than crawling a lot of the time but has her hands up against the wall!! I don't know if ts nerves or what but she doesn't seem nervous in any other respect as you well know!!! Saying that, she has done loads more today, without holding on.. She walked down the hall to e stairs for bath time without holding on of her own accord so we're getting there slowly.. She took her first steps 2 1/2 months ago!!!!

Kara looking forward to your bfp announcement in the new year! We are planning to ttc in January, I'm due af around the 2nd week so any time from then really. I still have days where I'm not sure as I love the stage Lilia is at and don't want to rush things and regret not having more time with just her.... But then again 2nd babies never have that so it can't make that much difference!!

I have sent my SS if that helps!
Louise, Lilia didn't make him ill, its just one of those things.
However, he is quite poorly, full of snot and coughing until he is nearly sick! He is just a bit clingy and moany really so its not too bad.

I have just eaten far too much, not only my dinner but most of DH too! This bump is a food baby I am certain! x

I have sent my SS and they have recived it.

A phil and teds for £90 did I just read that right !!! Omg !!! Bargain !! I won't be selling my stokke but may buy a cheap double to shove in the car... I intend on using a baby carrier for the first few months and hope Paige will be a walker.. If not cheap double will do.

Louise- looks like we may be bump buddies then if all goes to plan, With jelly too .I hope so anyway because I'm planning on her having a girl and me having a boy so we can swap clothes...lol I like to plan ahead..

Forward facing till 2 years !!! But how many carrier car seats go up to two years? Don't think my maxi cosi does..

No they don't ladyk you would have to buy a ERF seat. So use the carrier for the first year and then buy another bigger one for the next year. Or you could buy one that fits permanently in the car thats suitable from birth up to 4 years.

I have done some searching and found no carrier car seats will last past a year... Which means people would have to buy three car seats !!! Unless they don't get a carrier type car seat but it was a life saver when she was a newborn.... And it was great to fit on the pram... Am I thinking right ?

Iv'e sent my SS and have seen that they have recieved it. I hope your Oh didn't leave you off GG !! That is just the kind of thing my OH would do :blush:

Yep Kara I got it for £97 and she then refunded £7 as I found a small rip in the handlebar !! It was her own fault as she had listed it with ebay mobile (she only took one pic and had a 2 line description !!) I sent her about 20 emails with different questions and even offered her £150 to end the auction, which she refused - Her loss in the end !!! xx

Thanks boony I didn't see your post before I posted.... So I am right, I am all for safety but it could cost people a lot of money... I have saved all of Paige's stuff but I will still need to buy another car seat now when this goes ahead... And it will only be used for a year !!!!

ladyk even now some people buy 3 car seats one for birth-9 months then 9months to 4 years and then 4-12 years. So nothing would change other than the middle car seat having to be rear facing.

Laura I love it when u offer money and they refuse then it goes for less... I feel all smug..lol x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->