September Stars

BTP - I don't know what to say if I'm honest. Are there not support groups for family's who have ADHD members? :hugs:

Hi guys =)

Me and Roxy havent been on here for literally a year! So we thought we would say hi and hope you all had amazing fun at xmas!!

xxxxxxxx

Btp you poor thing you must feel torn in every direction?
When ds has his statement review at school is there anyone on the panel that can offer support? Do home needs get assessed ?

Are there any online forums that could help?

Sorry it's all questions and not answers xx

:hi: stmw, good to see you :)

Will someone please rationalise with me. Ever since last Thursday with JJ having breathing issues and calling an ambulance I feel physically sick every night with worry. I keep checking on him continually and just can't settle, his monitor volume is on maximum. He's been absolutely fine with breathing in the night since but I just can't relax. I'm feeling awful tonight as dh is out all night and not back till the morning so I'm feeling abit panicky as I was home alone last week. I know I'm being irrational I just can't relax.

Aw Jelly hun I would be exactly the same. But JJ will be fine as you know and even if for some reason he wasn't, you'd deal with it like you did last week and he would still be fine. Don't worry hun xx

BTP :hugs: it must be so so hard for you to deal with. I really don't have any suggestions but all I can say is that we are all here to talk to whenever you need it x

Jelly I don't blame you for worrying I'd be the same ! Try to get some rest though as jj will need you to be rested for more fun tomorrow x

stmw- hey honey, great to see you back... hows everything going ? xx

BTP- it causes problems all the time, Jake has a real problem with Grant telling him what to do, which then causes them to fight and grant turns to me to back him up, which sometimes i cant because i know grants pressed his buttons and started him off. No other guy has ever put up with Jake like grant has. I get so worn down by it all. Jakes behaviour has once made me call parent line (yes they have a parent line) I just cried down the phone to this old man who was very sweet but couldnt really help. I am hoping Jake will grow out of it, i have been hoping since he was 1 !!! he has got better, now he can look after him self more or less its a lot easier. I try to not let Jake and Grant spend time together, Jake plays his games in his room and i make sure Grant stays downstairs, family events i dread and i dont let Jake any where near Grants parents because i find it too stressful, they always say they understand and its ok but i know deep down most people will just blame the parents. Grant says Jake is the way he is because of the way i brought him up !!!!! i get really angry with that. JAke gets bored very easily which makes him very annoying, grant comes out with such bollox about why jake is the way he is....it isnt just Grant who cant deal with Jake, its Jakes real dad too..most times on his rare visit to his dads it always kicks off and i get a call saying they cant cope, they have him from 8pm -9am.... 13 hours !!!! and he cant cope.. i really wish i could give some advice but all i can tell you is your not alone, i know how you feel, your hubby knew exactly what he was getting into and to use it against you know its awful xx

Jelly- I would be the same, do you have a video baby monitor? maybe that might rest your mind if you can see him all the time. xx

BTP - My brother has ADHD and my mum had to send him away for a few hours a week just to have a break from him!! He's 22 now and came off his tablets at 18 and has been great ever since... he has got a full-time job...a kid (who's 21 months)...a girlfriend and hasnt once needed to go back on his tablets!! Remember to give yourself a break from him as much as you can!!! xx

Jelly - *Hugs* I'm sure JJ will be fine... just try and rest too!! A stressed out tired mummy is not good when JJ wants to play all day!!!!

SOOOOO WHEN CAN WE FIND OUT SECRET SANTA?!?!?!

I'm bursting with excitement to find out who sent who what?!?!?!

xx

Hey girls,

Well as I'll be working tonight I want to wish you all a happy new year and I couldn't have asked for a better bunch of girls to have spent 2011 with... Here's to another fun packed year with our bubbas and our new bubbas xx

Paige can say her name now, It's so cute... X

Rosalie hasnt opened hers there are still all our presents under the tree :lol:

Btp :hugs: it's hard with step children if they cause any sort of friction as the parent always feels torn :hugs: must be really hard. :hugs:

Btp you poor thing you must feel torn in every direction?
When ds has his statement review at school is there anyone on the panel that can offer support? Do home needs get assessed ?

Are there any online forums that could help?

Sorry it's all questions and not answers xx

He is not statemented, I was never offered to apply for it til later then they said they were restricting who they statemented, they were telling me he needed statementing in one breath then in the next saying he was not bad enough for it! I moved his schools so he became one of the norm to that kid that stuck out, and i found that way his adhd was recognised in a flash!

I have looked online and joined a forum, I asked about help when he was marked by an assistant that restrained him, and not one person replied to my thread, so I have never looked on there since, its all crap about embracing the adhd etc which i can deal with when he is not kicking and screaming, breaking his room up and hitting himself!

BTP- it causes problems all the time, Jake has a real problem with Grant telling him what to do, which then causes them to fight and grant turns to me to back him up, which sometimes i cant because i know grants pressed his buttons and started him off. No other guy has ever put up with Jake like grant has. I get so worn down by it all. Jakes behaviour has once made me call parent line (yes they have a parent line) I just cried down the phone to this old man who was very sweet but couldnt really help. I am hoping Jake will grow out of it, i have been hoping since he was 1 !!! he has got better, now he can look after him self more or less its a lot easier. I try to not let Jake and Grant spend time together, Jake plays his games in his room and i make sure Grant stays downstairs, family events i dread and i dont let Jake any where near Grants parents because i find it too stressful, they always say they understand and its ok but i know deep down most people will just blame the parents. Grant says Jake is the way he is because of the way i brought him up !!!!! i get really angry with that. JAke gets bored very easily which makes him very annoying, grant comes out with such bollox about why jake is the way he is....it isnt just Grant who cant deal with Jake, its Jakes real dad too..most times on his rare visit to his dads it always kicks off and i get a call saying they cant cope, they have him from 8pm -9am.... 13 hours !!!! and he cant cope.. i really wish i could give some advice but all i can tell you is your not alone, i know how you feel, your hubby knew exactly what he was getting into and to use it against you know its awful xx

Exactly how it is,(especially the pressing the buttons bit!) I say to dh he knew about it but the adhd has grown with Ben, and mutated and changed, he says i don't deal with it/him but if i said ok you do it dh would end up throwing Ben out or leaving or both!:hugs:Thank you, for not being on my own!:hugs:

BTP - My brother has ADHD and my mum had to send him away for a few hours a week just to have a break from him!! He's 22 now and came off his tablets at 18 and has been great ever since... he has got a full-time job...a kid (who's 21 months)...a girlfriend and hasnt once needed to go back on his tablets!! Remember to give yourself a break from him as much as you can!!! xx
xx

I could do with the break from him but where do i go when i need that! I will have to research but so far all the help is directed at him, and when he gets help it makes him feel different and he gets worse!
It is so good to hear your brother has come off his tablets ok, another huge worry of mine, how does he hold his temper, or react instead? Has he learnt control on his own, did he want to come of the tablets, and was there a marked difference in his behaviour/ attitude/control when he came off them? Sorry for 101 questions, but Ben wants out of the tablets, but his consultant is saying no, I can't cope with him unmedicated atm, its hard enough with the meds! She says very much like your brother, wait for school to end, for him to be happy in his life with gf and job and then come off them
:shrug: Thank you :hugs:

I think I need to look for help this year, or I for see a hard year ahead if I don't!, If he gets regular breaks with his dad and somewhere else hopefully home will not be the easy place to kick off.
My friends ds is worse than Ben, and he does the army cadets, now i would think that would be really hard for someone with adhd but it seems to have worked, in our area he has to be 12 and in year 8 which is April or Sept he could join, i suppose it wont harm him to tow the line! lol:haha:

Jelly, I have the monitor under Rosie but turned off the sensor part atm, she spends half the night in her cot and half co sleeping with us, she has taken to sleeping well from 5am so i lie in with her! Dh has got up to let chickens out last 3 days as i pretend to sleep! lol
I can totally understand, my eldest dd had croup at the age of 2, she suddenly couldn't breath at night, I spent the next few days after she got out of hospital in her room checking she was ok, then the monitor was turned up like you said! I also put her in bed with me, but because she wasn't used to it she went back to her own bed!:hugs:

Well we were going out today but changed our minds from the looks of things! lol, will get dressed in a mo and decide:blush:
I have not bought a thing in the sales yet, I decided everything was reduced by November this year so being organised isn't worth it! lol

Back later, few things to check out first!

Thanks for the support all, If I am not back then

HAPPY NEW YEAR xxxx :xmas8:

I too may not get back later so I will wish you all a happy new year with lots of love and thanks for everything this year your all the best ! Xxxx

Happy New Year to all you Ladies and Babas. May not get back on later doubt I will make it too midnight I am tired today.

Wont be on later sooooo

Happy New Year to all you lovely ladies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Managed to Relax some of the night last night. Lady k we have a video camera set up in the room that I can view him but it's nit the same as checking on him. Think I just felt panicky because home alone

Well tonight we've now got two couples coming round for the evening not sure what we will do but decided to order in pizza and bits.

It's been a great year with you all - the ups the downs - the laughing the crying - have a Great New Year Guys - look forward to another 12 months xxxxx

Happy New Year everyone :hugs:

I'm on my lonesome obviously :rofl: but eating some GÜ with the girls :cloud9: they are SOOOOO messsy it's hilarious. Rosalie has given up and gone for the hands.

Happy new year girlies! What a year its been. Thank you all for sharing it with me :) x

Hi girls!
It's still 2011 here and our big plans for the evening are to be asleep by 9:30! :haha:
Kidding!
We have a couple of bottles of prosecco and hope to have a quiet evening (did you hear that, Tobe and Simon? A quiet evening?) at home with my family.
We had Simon's third birthday yesterday and a fun little party thrown for him here. He got all sorts of lovely games, clothes, books, and art supplies from the grandparents, and our big present to him was a wooden train set. He was pretty excited. So is Tobe. Tobe tries to climb right into the station building and is pushing around all the cars and making "brrooom brroom" noises with a very serious little scowl on his face.
Both boys are conked out or close to it right now. A steady pace of playing outside, skiing, and swimming has taken its toll. I think they are ready to go home! :)

wow ladies cant believe 2012 will technically be the 3rd year we have known each other! Its been fun and as said its had its ups and downs. A special thank you to all of you for the support and kind words when James was in hospital and with his weight issues. Happy new year and hope 2012 is good for us all x x x x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->