September Stars

Emzy - your bump is gorgeous and the swinging crib is soooo pretty =)

Louise - bug hugs :hugs:

Ladyk - Roxy doesnt have hard poo's either - sometimes she does but its very rare...

Laura - sorry to hear your so miserable :( it will all be worth it in the end!! :hugs:

Genies - Roxy hits all the time =/ tut shes got such a temper!! Roxy cant talk atm so I dont know whether it is linked with that as she cant get out what she wants to say? Either way its infuriating!!!

Jelly - exciting stuff about moving!! :happydance:

Sarah - :hi:

Firstbean - Beautiful bump :flower:

hope everyone is good :D xxxxxxx

Been to see the doctor this morning and he has referred me for physio and signed me off for 4 weeks. He said he doesn't expect it to get better on it's own and probably won't til the baby is born, but physio might help to alleviate it a bit, so I will go back and see him in 4 weeks to see if it has improved enough to go back to work or not. I told this to my boss and she wasn't a happy bunny. She just said that she would have to refer to her manager, what with them saying it might not get better so I might not end up going back before my mat leave. This really stressed me out!! I know that really, they can't do anything about it as it's pregnancy related. They can't ask me to leave or anything can they? Even though I'm on a fixed term contract? I'm pretty sure they can't... you'd think I'd be sure of this stuff being a HR graduate ha ha! I dish out the employment advice to everyone else, but when it comes to me I'm not sure!! I know if I was on a permanent contract then they can do anything about it. And I'm pretty sure that fixed term contract employees have the same rights pregnancy wise as permanent employees, so I shouldn't worry really. She said she is ringing me tomorrow after speaking to her manager.

Emzy- as far as I know the law really protects pregnant women, I'm really surprised that's managers get pissed off with pregnant women and taking time off.. My work is the same. It does not effect them directly so what is their problem. I can understand if they own the company and they are losing money over it. I think a lot of the time it's jealousy because they think your taking the time off to us bath and party every night..!! So many women get a hard time with their work when they get pregnant. If you need it confirmed there is a help number somewhere for pregnant women with questions of employment. X

Emzy - I'm not 100% sure but if you have a certain amount of time off due to pregnancy (i'm not sure how many weeks it is) then i think they can force you to take maternity leave early. They can't sack you or anything though.

Tylers stools are never solid either.

Good to see some more stars are back :hi:

I have a poorly chameleon, he was in his viv yesterday and i was on the xbox kinect so i could see him and he had a locust crawling around on his back so i kept watching and he was getting annoyed with the locust and i knew tarron was home soon so i left him. When Tarron came home i told him to get the locust off pixie (the chameleon) because it was annoying him (i don't like bugs so wouldn't do it myself lol). When he looked in the viv he said 'whats up with pixie?' so confused i went over to look and he was laid on his side (very unusual for a chameleon, the eat sleep and everything stood up!) and he had some missing scales and looked very red and sore. Turns out he'd got stuck under a log and tore off his scales trying to get out (on both sides). So we had to rush him to the reptile vet. They gave him some cream to harden up the wounds but his scales won't grow back. We thought they were going to put him down because he's 8 years old and he wasn't moving much. He's quite old for a chameleon anyway and he is slowing down in his old age and he's very unsteady on his feet sometimes so i don't think he'll be with us much longer a year at most i think :( I love him he's an unusual chameleon normaly they don't like being handled etc but he's very friendly and i doubt we'd find another one like him!

Thanks girls. I'm daft as I know quite a bit about employment law, but freak out when it's anything to do with me and for some reason think it doesn't apply to me!! lol Boony, yes they can make me start mat leave early but only if I'm sick at 36 weeks, then they can automatically start it. I was planning on starting it at 30 weeks anyway, because of the SPD plus seeing as I'm not going back as my contract ends mid mat leave, it didn't really matter when I went in terms of saving time off at the other end.

Boony hope your chameleon gets better soon! x

Sorry got to run for now, Holly is trying to destroy matts new Alan sugar book!

Ah i see, i knew it was something like that. In that case then i don't think theres anything they can do.

Got another strange question

Those who had morning sickness, was it like the sickness when you eat something dodgy or like a gagging feeling like when you stick your fingers down your throat ?

If I can cut my throat off I would feel perfectly normal... My throat feels like its opened up.. It was like this with Paige. But is it odd to have this type of sickness ?

I had both types Kara, the feel like I'm gonna be sick as something is in my throat type, like my spit was making me feel sick, and also the empty everything out of my stomach food poisoning type! It sucks x

I was gagging all the time Kara but was only sick a couple of times.

Boony- I'm not a reptile lover but my husband is. Sorry to hear about what happend xx

So it's normal to have this type of sickness !! Wow.... I thought it was just me being a freak lol xx

I wasn't really a reptile lover until we got pixie. It took Tarron 3 years to convince me to let him have a bearded dragon purely coz i don't like bugs so didn't want them in the house. He assured me they wouldn't escape so i gave in and he got 3 baby beardies. One was getting bullied so we got gave her to Tarrons brother. Then we went to buy a small viv to transport them to tarrons mums for christmas and they were selling pixie (pixie was their pet that they kept in the shop on a tree during the day) and because we were good customers they let us have him for a good price with his viv and tree included on the pretence that we didn't change his name lol. We've had pixie a few years now and i've really grown to love him. Before he got unsteady on his feet he used to be in his tree all day and go on my curtain poles etc. He's not like normal reptiles though he's kinda cute. I still don't like the beardies. Tarrons getting some electric blue geckos soon aswell and apparently they a lot smaller and nicer looking than bear dies so we shall see.

I had awful sickness with Jayden all different types but it only lasted 3 months. Then with Tyler i never had any apart from 1 day! Then with Alyssa i was actually sick twice but had nausea for the first 4 months.

Poor pixie get well soon x

Lady k my sickness covered all types really from constant nausia that wouldnt go away to full blown throwing up and retching all day long i think its whatever is normal for you. x

well kiddicare are arranging collection of my broken buggy to tske away and look at , i hope it gets fixed properly or replaced it shouldnt just ware away like that!

ive been busy putting things up for sale on here its taken ages our internet is so blinkin slow !

Awww hope Pixie gets better :(

GG thank you you nutter for the card :hugs: so sweet - hope the pram gets sorted!!

Just asked £150 for a three tier wedding cake... Eeek!!

£150 is a bargain for a 3 tier wedding cake blob! We were quoted £500-600, in the end a family friend made ours for £200 which was what it cost to make it!!

Hey ladies!!!!!!

How are we all!! Sorry I have been MIA!!!! Hope has been really grizzly with her back teeth so its al been fun and games!!!!

Lovely bumps and gorgeous crib!!!

Blob that is cheap!!!

Hmmmm :rofl: hope it's not more to make!!!! Eeek!!! It's just plain white with a bit of detail.... I think it would cost me about £80-90 to make :sick: scared now.

I don't feel like I could charge more since I don't have enough experience :nope:

Think that's a reasonable price. I remember looking around for price on wedding cakes and we decided just to buy the tesco own wedding cake, one each of the three different sizes.. Then added burgundy roses.. I'm such a tight arse..lol x

Make sure u post photos when it's done, love to see it xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->