September Stars

Omg Becs pre school.... October !?!! Should I be doing this ? I don't know anything.. Jake used to go to nursery every afternoon which was free, which was attached to the school. Is that pre school ? He used to attend somewhere else which I had to pay for which was only a couple hours a week which I think was called play group. My mate said they start full time school the term before they turn 5... I always thought they had to be 5 before starting full time school. I'm so confused and so utterly useless when it comes to this.... X

Becs I have the girls down for 1 morning a week at nursery school in September , I want them to start getting used to it because of their August birthdate !
Good luck with the perfume sounds great x

Kara what you decide to do about preschool is totally up to you , you can start them at some preschools from 2 or wait until 3 when you get the government funding !
However I would say if you are wanting a preschool it's best to look now and get onto a wait list or secure a place as spaces in good nurserys get booked up quick x

Hang on need to re read so I'll just take up all the thread :)

Jelly sorry about dh grandad so sad hope you get to spend lots of time with him !
Have you started house hunting ? What sort of thing are you looking for ? X

Emzy what does holly make of your bump ? X

Fishy hope a speedy bfp comes to you x

Thanks for asking mum is starting her light therapy this week but feeling well in herself abd I finish work at Easter and am starting to panic about what I'm going to do x

Young mummy lots of hugs to pippa , who has Kimi for you ? X

Genies Holly rubs my belly and think she knows something is going on. Matt says where's Mummy's baby (Dolly is Holly's baby) and she points at my belly. I think tbh that's more because we've told her lots that there is a baby in Mummy's belly, I'm not sure if she actually thinks there is one in there!

Emzy Fantastic Bump!

Becs I think thats a great idea about a childminder once a week, Hope will love it

Lady K good luck at your mw appointment

GG - Glad your mum is doing well :hugs: Has she had any side effects to treatments ?

YM - Hope Pippa is feeling better, you have both been through so much. Hopefully she wont get any further infections before her op. When do you think she will be allowed home again ? :kiss: :hugs:

Fishy Ive decided to call estate agents tomorrow and say we are cancelling our agreement unless they can reduce the fee (but even then I dont think it will be nbought down enough to stay with them). Going to ring round another couple of agents to get valuations. You and another couple of friends paid between 1-2% so 35 of asking price is definitely too high.

Spent the day moving items and tidying and storing things we dont use, finished at about 8 this evening. At the moment we live in a small two up two down and a further two down ( so even though small is like we have a four bedroom house) . Problem is ive been looking this weekend and not one house appeals within our price range, I saw a lovely 4 bed a few weeks ago but it was taken off the market a few days later so I think they must of made a mistake as the price was far too reasonable for what was being offered. Since then havent seen anything.

Our wish list is
Front drive (currently have on road parking)
Medium sized child friendly garden (currently very small with half of it being a raised terrace so James cant do out and play)
A study area ideally on the Ground floor (For DH games and music)
3 bedrooms (Gain an extra bedroom)
Ground floor cloakroom
Id love a kitchen diner instead of a seperate dining room but that would just be a bonus
........ not too much :blush:

Thing is since Friday I keep thinking how much I love our house and how much we have done to it since moving in 5 years ago, electrical rewired, new boiler, new bathroom, new kitchen, new paved front garden and wall, new staircase, painted and decorated throughout, new carpets and new front door. It's where we got married and had our first child ..... not sure Im ready to say goodbye to my home yet!

Good call. I felt the same about our last house but I wouldn't go back now. We have moved to somewhere with almost all of those points on your wish list from pretty much a 2 bed property and it's life changing. It's no where near as beautiful or quirky as our last place but it's so child friendly and the schools here are brilliant. Big hugs xxx

Pre school?! Aghh better get my arse into gear!

Ok researched

She was born 8th oct

So Paige can start her free half day placement the jan after her 3rd birthday, she then stays in half day education until the term following her 5th birthday. or is it the septemeber before her 5th birthday ? If that's true she will be in preschool for almost two years before full time education. When jake was young it was only for a year at age 4. So the thing everyone is going on about is the fact they are just taking on children earlier than they used to.

Is that right ? We have a few teachers in this group so thought I would bug you guys to help me understand..lol how early can you add them to the list?

Sorry been really poop :nope: I will get to reading everything tomorrow :hugs:

Lady k my nursery has told me to book JJ into breakfast and after school club in 3 1/2 years time as there's such a big waiting list !!!! Yep I've signed my child up for school . I don't think you can sign up too soon. JJ nursery he starts preschool the month after he turns 3 but every place is different. They have just expanded their preschool at Xmas because if high demand.

Blob - hope you are ok - its unlike you to feel under the weather :hugs:

Ok my understanding is every child in England is entitled to 15 hours funded nursery care , if you want more hours than that you pay a top up fee , you get the nursery grant paid from the term after they turn 3 so in Paige's case that would be the January . So that's preschool.
Primary school admit children at 4 the school year is from September to September so Layla Amelia holly Sam and ollie ? will start school in September 2014 because they were born before the September cut off , the other stars won't start until September 2015 , big difference in sending a child who is just 4 or nearly 5 , just depends when your birthday falls.
Rules to the above may vary slightly county to county but I think that is the gist ?

Oh and how your particular nursery may split the 15 hours will vary also some will offer it split across 5 mornings or 5 afternoon sessions of 3 hours a day some will let you put it all across 2 whole days 9-3 and a 3 hour session.
Lbb will know how it works with a day care setting ? I don't know day care I assume they take it off your final bill ?

A child starts school the first sept after their 4th birthday so they will be expected to start school anything from 4 years 1 day up to 1 day before a 5th Birthday! So Rosie will start school at 4 and within the month turn 5, one of the very eldest, and why i wanted my legs firmly crossed til Sept had started! I believe you can stagger start for younger children, but they have to be full time by Dec the first year, so 3 months.
Pre school as has been said, although out of choice we have removed Sophie from hers, she didn't like it and nutty or not we are child led so she doesn't have to go, school I just hope she likes as I am not intent on home schooling really, I feel it is too socially isolating longterm.

Jelly, house sounds reasonable, not asking too much! I love our house but if i were to change anything I would open up downstairs a bit so I could be in the kitchen and watch the girls! I would add a nice airy conservatory to the back and use as a dining room so to do away with our dining area and make the kitchen bigger but tbh moving would be easier!:haha:
Thanks for your thoughts re dh, It is a difficult one, time will tell I suppose, in the meantime I have the children to keep me very busy! :hugs:

Becs, good luck with the perfume, how does it work? Hope it goes well :hugs::kiss:

Blob, Hope all is ok :hugs::kiss:

Emzy, :cloud9: So cute baby in Mummies tummy! Sophie never really understood til I was huge then she was asking all the time when baby was coming out, when I went in to have Rosie, Sophie came to collect her sister and Mummy, she still was not too bothered tbh! lol :hugs::kiss:

Sorry been chilling all weekend with children away, Just the 4 of us is a quiet one! :haha:

:hugs::kiss:

OMG! SCHOOLS/PRE-SCHOOLS?!?! This time last year we all had babies!!! :cry:

I still havent decided what to do about schooling and whatnot... i HATE all the schools around me but am not clever enough to home school two kids.... and if Pippa's op doesnt go to plan and she has an illeostomy bag for life... alot of mainstream schools will not take her as they wont have 'carers' for her!!!

Kara - Good luck with MW!!

Emzy - Kimi didnt understand either tbh... we had to tell her no there's a bubba in there when she tried to climb on me and bounce!!!

Hope everyone is okay!!

x

I am dreading Jayden starting school. He doesn't speak very well and is starting speech therapy on thursday and with him being a july baby he is going to be one of the youngest and possibly not talking very well. I wish he was a september baby and Tyler a July baby. Tyler is already talking much better than Jayden and feel that Tyler would cope a lot better being one of the younger ones. But i can't change it i just hope speech therapy works for him!
Our pre-school does 6 free sessions because the sessions are only 2.5 hours long so Jayden goes full day on tuesday and then all other mornings and i just have to pay £3 for his dinner hour on the tuesday. He will be starting school this september and i had to apply for his place last year and i will find out in april if he's got into my chosen school.

Jayden understood a lot more when i was pregnant with Alyssa than with Tyler. He was so cute with them both though he used to hug and kiss my bump.

Kara good luck with the MW

Jelly, we are currently saving for a deposit. My mum is going to lend us some and the RAF will lend us 8,500 to be paid back monthly interest free or all in one when Tarron leaves the RAF and even with that much we still can't find a house we like in a nice area, with enough bedroom, good schools and everything we want. Its a nightmare! Hope you find something you like soon.

OMG scary stuff talking about schools! Yes, Holly will have only been 4 for 2 weeks before she starts school, very scary but I reckon she will love it. It is a huge difference between starting at 4 and 5, but I guess there has to be a cut off somewhere in the year. I was also thinking of starting her at private nursery 1/2 afternoons a week from September for the same reason. I was getting confused though, our local nursery school (there are 4 in Bolton) says they will not accept less than 20 hours a week, that seems like a lot!

I've been feeling really bad about work and being off sick. I have been dreaming about work all the time! I know it's stupid and I shouldn't worry, but I can't help it!! I just don't even know if I will be going back at this rate, the SPD is getting worse each week as of course it will as baby gets bigger. I know from last time it doesn't really get better til after baby is born. I've decided to take my maternity leave as early as possible, from 29 weeks. I feel so guilty being off that I'd feel better if I knew I was on mat leave rather than on the sick!

Thanks guys... It was all very confusing as it was then everyone talks about free preschool placements and I didn't understand as jake was attending preschool for free anyway for a year so didn't get what was new ..

I live in a "posh area" ( well the posh bit is up the road) and there are some very sought after schools and the fact we had our babies during the baby boom means I should really look into it now.

For those that are good at working things out.. If Paige will be one of the oldest and this new baby will be a August baby so one of the youngest does that mean there will only be a year between them in school years ? Or two years?

Emzy- I know exactly what you means about feeling bad taking sick from work, I am exactly the same, more to do with worrying what peeps at work think. But you have no other choice. Do you think they would force you to take it earlier even if you were not going to anyway ?x

I don't think they can tbh and I doubt they would even try. They can't make you go til 36 weeks when you are off sick. I haven't even told them when I am planning on going yet. I was planning on working til the end of my contract, which was initially the end of March so I would have been 31 weeks. But the contract's been extended now anyway til the end of Sept. But I thought well we will stick with 31 weeks seeing as that's when I was going anyway and plus my contract ends mid way through my mat leave, so it's not like I will be going back so I don't have to save the time off at the other end iykwim. But now I feel so guilty about work and I have to tell them before 25 weeks when I want to take my mat leave, so I think I will just tell them I am going at 29 weeks. It's only 2 weeks difference to what I was planning but I won't feel so guilty if I am on maternity leave as if I am off sick! If it miraculously gets better and I end up back at work then I can always request to change it I guess x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->