September Stars

Lady K how many weeks are you now hun? When's your scan?

Ladies, can I get your advice/opinions? You may have to bare with me here whilst I expalin!

So, I go to go on facebook and see that I have a message. I open it and it's actually a message between my friend and Matt and after me being very confused for a minute, it turns out that I'm reading Matt's messages, as he's left himself logged in. Basically the messages said that because I have been so fed up lately he is organising a surprise baby shower for me in April! I thought it was so so sweet of him! He had invited all my friends and family, including the southerners and the message that I had opened was a reply from one of my southern friends saying she couldn't make it as it was too far. Anyway, I felt awful having read it and wished I'd had checked that it was me that was logged in before I checked the message! I just thought to myself, I'll pretend I'd never read it and no one will ever know it's not a surprise.

Anyway, at the beginning of this week my sister messaged me and said that she would come and pick me up during the easter holidays in April so I could go for a visit down south with Holly. I thought that was lovely and my Mum said she'd bring us back home afterwards (normally I'd go on the train, but I'd struggle with the SPD plus I'll be heavily pregnant by then). Today my Mum messaged and told me that her and my sister were planning a baby shower for me whilst I was visiting!! I ended up saying to my Mum that I had a feeling that Matt had organised one for me up here as I'd accidentally read a message and she said yes she knew, but they had planned it before he had (neither of them knew the other was planning one) but hadn't invited anyone yet.

Now I don't know whether to tell Matt that I know about his, as it's going to be even harder for me to pretend that I don't know, now that they are having one for me as well (iykwim?). Also, if I was Matt I'd feel a bit pissed off that they were holding one before his. They are going to invite the southerners and so any of them that were thinking of going to Matt's will probably not now. I have loads of friends that will go to the one up here, but still, if I was him I'd feel a bit like they were stealing my thunder, do you know what I mean? Also my Mum and sister won't be coming to Matt's one, as they will be driving me the 250 miles home the week before, so can't really come again the following week.

Anyway, I'm really rambling now. My point is, I don't know whether to just continue pretending that I don't know to Matt or to tell him I accidentally read the message, now that it's a bit more complicated? Argh!

I think it's lovely that everyone is trying to organise stuff for me... and I might be way off the mark, but I kind of get the impression that my Mum and Sister have seen that Matt was organising one for me and decided to do one themselves as they didn't think about it. I think the reason that Matt is organising one for me in the first place is because when I was pregnant with Holly, my sister organised one for her friend who was due the same week as me, but didn't do one for me and I was a bit put out (without sounding spoilt or anything, I just thought it was a bit odd to do that). I think I just feel gutted for Matt as he is making all this effort and now I will have had one already the week before.

Anyway, I really am rambling now. Thoughts ladies?! lol

TBH i would be wondering why your sister didn't bother last time but now wants to knowing that matt is doing one too? Don't get me wrong its nice of them to want to do one for you but why do it for the second baby and not the first iyswim??
I think its really thoughtful of Matt to go to the trouble of inviting your southern friends aswell and for trying to cheer you up (my hubby would never have thought to plan me one lol).
I don't know if i would want to tell matt though after all the trouble he's gone to he'll probably be gutted that you accidentally found out even though it wasn't your fault.
I would probably tell my mum that you don't want 2 baby showers and would rather just have the 1 big one that Matt has planned because with your SPD getting worse your not sure if you could manage having 2 or something like that. Then invite your mum up for the baby shower but ask her not to tell matt that you know about it. Then maybe go down to stay at your mums another time?

I'm kind of assuming that tbh boony. My mum actually said that they were already planning one before they got matt's invitation and that's why they invited me down and were coming to pick me up, etc. But she said they decided to tell me about the shower when they found out about Matts, so I didn't have 2 surprise showers. Now if that is true, I'd feel awful saying I didn't want it because they had planned it first.

I just don't know. I think the truth is, that my southern friends more than likely wouldn't come to Matt's one anyway as it is such a long way. And so practically 2 is a good idea, one for the southerners and one for the northerners. (I did a similar thing for my hen nights) But I just think that Matt may feel put out that they have organised one before his. Normally I'd be able to talk to him about it, but I can't as I have to pretend that I don't know!

You could always say to matt about your mum throwing you a baby shower and see what he says? He then has enough time to change the date of his so that his is first if he wants to? Then he doesn't have to know that you already know about his. If he does change the date then it'll still be a surprise because you won't know when it is lol.

hmm yeah I think I will just casually mention it tonight and see how he reacts. My Mum said she had spoken to him about it, but if I know Matt he will feel a bit pissed off about it. My Mum has a habit of taking over with things a bit so I think he might feel put out, even if she did organise it first iykwim? Problem is, he won't be able to tell me if he is pissed off as he doesn't know that I know about his! Argh!!!

Also it has thrown another spanner in the works, as it's Matt's 30th birthday at the end of April and I was thinking of throwing a surprise party... I was umming and ahhing about it as I will be 36 weeks pregnant by then so didn't know if I'd be taking on too much so hadn't decided. But I don't think I'd be able to keep it a surprise, look how easy it is for people to find out about surprises!! I might think of something else for his birthday...

Rather than doing a party for him what about a surprise family weekend away or something? or maybe just the 2 of you? Then you won't have to tell anyone and theres less chance of him finding out?

hmm that's a really good idea boony! I will look into it x

I agree with Boony Emzy I would maybe mention the one that your Mum is organising then he can decide what to do about the surprise one he may even tell you about his if you mention it.
And I would maybe have a nice weekend somewhere for Matts birthday its OH birthday at the end of March and we are just getting a nice hotel somewhere for a night.

Thanks for all the nice messages ladies I am over the moon that is a girl secretly it was what I wanted as this is my last baby and a boy and a girl would be perfect for me, I was just convinced I was having a boy. I am going to start shopping now as I havent bought anything cant wait for all the pink.

FB buying pink so is so much more fun than blue. I've always thought buying for boys is boring its always the same boring colours and styles! There is definitely a market for nicer boys clothes that are affordable!
I love shopping for Alyssas stuff there is so much choice! And its much cuter than the boys stuff! Have fun buying everything!

Boony- I know that is the only thing with boys clothes there is never much choice and the girls section is always much bigger than the boys and I cant wait.

Congrats FB on the pink bump !

Emzy - if it was me I'd have to tell dh as I am rubbish at lying and know it would be worse later getting found out.

Jelly as it happens I told him already lol I am so bad at lying and he would know I was acting weird.

He was really glad that I'd told him and as suspected he was a bit pissed off at my mum and sister, but said at least the southerners that can't make it to our house can still go to that one, so he was ok about it in the end. Bless him!

I have been looking at weekends away for me, Matt and Holly for Matt's 30th and I have planned a lovely weekend away in Edinburgh... only problem is now I have to find £500 somehow to pay for it all LOL! Hmm might have to rethink if I can't figure it out, what with me going on Maternity leave in March too. But love the idea of a weekend away, so we can include Holly too :) If we do go to edinburgh, then we would have a day at the Zoo too :)

Can anyone recommend anywhere else good to go other than edinburgh? Anywhere that you've stayed that you particularly liked? He's always wanted to go to edinburgh, so that's why I thought there, but am open to other ideas too.

emzy Chris is 30 this year too he has hinted for a track day! What school did Matt go? X

yay congrats fb x x

I think it was called Thomas More? I think he went to another one too before he moved there but I can't remember x

Congrats fb on your pink bundle:happydance:

Emzy, crisis been and gone by the time i got here!:haha:

What a day, well over calories on chocolate, adhd child driving me fruit loop:wacko: I am so onto social services tomorrow to look into help, he is screaming that he doesn't want help because they will take him away and not bring him back, so i have to try and gently explain its restbite not adoption! :haha: (sounds sweet but just listen to a meal time of him shouting, swearing, and arguing and its far from sweet)
Lost my debit card today, because said child^^^ got a bar of chocolate out of my bag i said he could have, he then left the bag open on the floor, at which Rosie got the contents of my bag out and spread it as wide as she could, and i found everything but my debit card, i thought i must have left it in tesco but eventually found it down the side of the reclining chair:dohh:
I have tried to get the house really clean today, and it looks better but still seems to get in a mess so fast!
Also got Sophie pre school places for mornings, afternoons were no good, she didnt want to go, so we went to ask to give notice of her finishing and they pulled 3 morning sessions out of the bag when i was on the waiting list for mornings:shrug: So mon thurs and fri she is going to have to practice getting up and i am going to take her into pre school while on the school run, hopefully this will tire her out and she will sleep at normal times and we will get some sort of normality in the house.
This year my aim is normality!

Right sorry for me, me, me post, got it all off my chest now, I am checking facebook and going to bed, talking of which checked dh's friend requests, a whole string of women I know he knows, one was my friend on fb but she dropped me off her friends, but has now sent him a friend request:haha: I am watching closely, i sent him a text the other day just saying, 'I am keeping my eye on you', I bet he thought shit what have i done now!lol, but its the sort of thing he says to me so just getting my own back! :haha: (oh god i sound like a deranged bunny boiler now!)

:hugs::kiss:

Evening all!

Congrats FB on your pink bump! How exciting!! If someone told me I would have a girl as my fourth child I may do it to buy the pink!

Emmy, glad you told Matt. How exciting to have all these nice surprises though!

BTP, lots of love. Sounds hard work in your house at the moment. Xx

I am so glad it's Wednesday night and I'm done for work until Monday. Got loads of house stuff to catch up on these next few days, but hey ho, this is life! Xx

oh yes i know which school you mean just wondered if he went to school with Chris x x

Wouldn't it be funny if they knew each other lbb! You never know, they might!

Asher I thought of you this morning, when I was watching mr blooms nursery with Holly. I am starting to agree that he is a bit dishy, although I didn't see it at first! LOL

i know emzy that really would be strange! I ought to check if they have and friends in common! Lol X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->