September Stars

Yes of course Kara, but don't think I have your number. Pm me with it and I'll text you as soon as I hear anything.

Same goes for anyone else, pm me your number if you want me to text you updates x

Actually kara I do already have your number, ignore that! X

Does yours end in 690 because I have a few Emma's on my phone .... X

090 it ends with Kara?

YM stay strong you are doing an amazing job your little girl is such a fighter, life needs to give her a break :hugs: :hugs:

Jelly, the scariest part for me was realising you can't smash the windows? Like I saw the flames and tried to smash the windscreen but it just kinda bends? So tried to open the door but realised that it didn't work as the car had all bent? So lay on the floor and kinda kicked upwards and jumped out the top of the car. Apparently the women who saw the accident said I was so fast all they had done was pull over and open their doors to help and I was climbing out the side door :lol: to me it honestly seemed like 5 mins. :hugs: tbh I don't think I go into shock, it never worried me after it was like I said driving and if a car swerved I would feel like I was going to be sick.
Your accident sounds like my worst nightmare :hugs: :hugs:

Emzy have a look for the hypno birthing book, even if it's not something you want to do its a good read? In labour I kind of went into a trance (robin thought I was sleeping haha) you just relax and its nice

Kara it ends in 090 x

Blob I think I will have a look see if the library have a hypno birthing book. Do you have any particular recommendations? x

Hi girls

Update on Pippa:

She's out of theatre now and is stable. There was a minor problem with her small bowel and that caused swelling which was restricting her lungs. They've fixed the problem now and she is stable. She is in high dependency unit now and being closely monitored. She's sedated and not very responsive and being given lots of morphine. The next 48 hours are critical for her, so keeping everything crossed! x

Emzy - thanks for keeping us all updated xx

FB - I friend requested on FB , pic of me holding JJ

Been better today only had 4 hrs sleep last night . Was a passenger in the car this morning and cried the whole time, went back out to pick up JJ tonight and was alot calmer. Work are giving me a company car for couple of weeks until I can purchase a new one and sent me flowers today. Really hoping the snow stays away tonight otherwise I'll be going nowhere tomorrow.

Hope everyone's doing ok -

YM - if there's anything anyone of us can do let us know - all thinking of you xx

Huge thanks for the updates on little Pippa. YM, sending all the best wishes for strength, support, and healing for your baby girl. :hugs:

Jelly - I was reading what you wrote about your reaction to the accident. You said that you don't think that could have reacted as quickly as Blob did, that you felt sort of in slow-motion? I think your brain was telling your body to do exactly the right thing, actually. In your situation, you did not yet have enough information to act. You had taken three hits already and in the case of being right next to moving traffic, there is not a lot you can do but wait until you know it is safe to move. Your brain was processing the situation perfectly. In the absence of the threat of flames (as Blob was dealing with), you instinctively knew that the safest place was the vehicle: it gave you a nice steel box to protect yourself. So, you aren't giving yourself enough credit for the lack of injuries. I bet that as you start to replay the events more, you will also find that your defensive driving instincts probably saved your life, as well.
I think your work are being wonderful to you. Go easy on yourself. Lots of deep breaths, calming cups of tea, etc. Here is a virtual hug: :hugs: I am so glad that you are in one piece, lady!
I have to dash off to tackle laundry and maybe bake some cookies. Hope everyone has a good day! :)

Ym, hoping Pippa regains strength and recovers now they know what the problem was, poor baby and poor Mummy, hospitals are such hard places to be let alone with a baby:nope:
:flower::hugs::kiss::flower::hugs::kiss::flower::hugs::kiss:

Jelly, I expect it will take a while to sink in, poor love, hope you get rest and recoup over the weekend :hugs::kiss:

Emzy, my first birth was traumatic, i didn't know as it was my first, without too much detail he got stuck, was too low and distressed for c sec, so they had to go in under me with forceps to drag him out, and the need to get him out fast meant they weren't too careful with me!
He was 1 on Apgar score, blue, floppy, not moving so they resussed him and he was ok other than cuts to his head from the force of the forceps, as for me, few pints of blood stitching 3 hours inside and out, and all the usual i was ok, but it took 6 months to start to recover and realised i was traumatised by the whole thing. SO next time i took control and yoga breathing exercises, lots of positive thinking and my next popped out like a pea from a pod, no stiches, tears, nothing, it was a dream birth!
Each birth is different but these are rare complicated births, especially as you are on a second now, your body generally knows what to do! :hugs::kiss:

Sorry got to go, packing for weekend and want to leave a tidy house!
(even though when i get back from a weekend of my son being here i hope its still tidy!)

Hugs to you jelly, hope you feel better soon :hugs:

Ym, you and Pip are in my thoughts always, hope she gets better soon xx:hugs:

Bye til monday, have a great weekend all :hugs::kiss:

poor poor pippa would glad it went well at the 2nd attempt! Huge hugs Ym! X

oh jelly you sound really traumatised by the accident and rightly so hun! I had nightmares for weeks after a car hit the wall of Chris' mums house and sent the bricks flying into the house and our car all while we were in bed! And really thats nothing in comparison! Huge hugs x

emzy James had a dreadful night last night, i had only 3 hrs sleep and was at work by 730 cooking for 50 i was literally dead on my feet! X

Jelly sending you huge hugs :hugs: it's true you did the best thing for you in that situation. Like I said mine was way way different. Go easy on yourself, I could hear that noise of smashing for a long time and sometimes I still do its a really really scary noise. :hugs: no wonder you are upset hon. X x x

Thinking about YM and pippa

Gtg screaming babies

Shock does funny things to you, makes you feel all out of sorts. I've never been in a bad car accident (touch wood) and it's not the same at all, but I had a bad fall on the ice a couple of years ago and hit my head and knocked myself unconscious. It was awful and I really damaged my neck. Everything happened in slow motion and I heard really strange noises in my head, it felt like it took me about 5 minutes to fall to the floor when in reality it was very quick (Matt was with me). Immediately afterwards, when I came round and the ambulance was there, I could not for the life of me remember what happened for the few minutes before I fell. It took 3 months for me to remember what happened! It's so weird, it just came back to me one day. Anyway, I'm rambling now, but your body protects you in funny ways x

I'm buying a Close (now Caboo) Carrier from someone on here :happydance:

https://www.caboo.info/ here is the website :)

https://www.cheekycherubs.co.nz/uploads/81891/images/167095/stone_lifestyle2.jpg

https://www.groovystyle.co.uk/images/close-parent/Caboo_Lifestyle_LR/Caboo_Denim_inside.gif

Can I just say, as if you look like that with a newborn baby! Like you'd wear white as well! And carry a handbag! ha ha She should be covered in sick, with greasy hair and bags under her eyes!

Wow so much as happened over the last week.

YM you are being so strong. For a mother to see their baby so vulnerable in the hands of others must be incredibly hard but at least you know she is in the best hands. I have been thinking about you both lots and will continue to send good luck vibes until she's back home and safe with her mummy.

JC my God woman! Thank thank thank God that you are safe. No wonder you are feeling the effects of the accident now. Sarah put it perfectly. You must have reacted incredibly well.

Emzy, big hugs. It must be so tough being in constant pain and to deal with a tantruming, teething toddler must make it even harder. Please take things easy and try and get people to help you out as much as possible. Do you have family or friends that could look after Holly occasionally?

GG, when is the appointment and where abouts do you live? If it helps I could come and babysit?

Loving the bump pics! And lots of people reaching or about to reach their V day.. whoop whoop.

Kara, how are you getting on? I am loving your positivity but I have no doubt that it must be hard. :hugs:

Blob, I can't believe you were also in a big accident (albeit years ago) but again it sounds like you handled it so well.

BTP have a lovely weekend!

Thanks ladies for all the lovely comments about my parent's dog. I feel so much better now that my folk's are home. I am relieved that I was able to save my Mum the trauma of having to do it to her own dog.

Louise! Yey!!! Such amazing news. Fingers crossed I get my BFP soon so that we can be bump buddies :winkwink:

There was so much more but can't think!!

I watched OBEM on catchup today and agree that that ladies birth was traumatic. Harry got stuck in a similar way but he made no progress with vontouse so it ended up being a C section which was far less traumatic which I'm really thankful for. Big :hugs: Becs. It probably would have put me off having another too. xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->