September Stars

Evening all!!

I had a shit day today, hardly eaten anything as Hope has been so grouchy, everytime I put her down she would cry!! I then had a massive row with Ian when he walked thro the door and ended up crying my eyes out. So today has been a right off lol!!

Evening all, just bobbing in to say hi! It's been a mad couple of days here so no time to update. Sending good sleep vibes to all the little ones! xx

Daisybell/Asher - I too have baby brain and it's driving me crazy. It seems a long time ago I was handling a £30million department and travelling the world. These days it's all I can do to remember where my shoes are. I must admit my confidence is quite low in that respect at the moment but I'm trying to put it to the back of my mind and focus on Scarlett.

Daisybell - I know what you mean about Mothercare, we have one of their superstores near us with a Clarks and ELC inside. It's not too bad but I must admit I'm disappointed with their clothing on the whole. It's more expensive than M&S and the quality isn't as good. I haven't got any clothing from M&P so don't now what it's like. My favourite of Scarlett's sleepsuits are the Jojo Maman Bebe ones, they are lovely cotton and have integral scratch mitts Unfortunately. she only has two as they are so expensive! Scarlett has worn dresses a few times but they are either Jersey or Wool. I put her in a denim pinafore yesterday but ended up taking it off as she looked so uncomfortable compared to wearing sleepsuits or tops and leggings. I think I'm definitely the kind of Mum that's going to stick with sleepsuits and cardigans for as long as possible, as much as I like some of the fancy outfits. That probably makes me a bit old-fashioned but nevermind :blush:
xx

I dont think you are old fashioned, i love outfits but Ollie is always really happy in sleepsuits & you can buy some really preety one's these days too.
I LOVE the sleepsuits with the built in scratch mits! i get mine from sainsburys :thumbup: the price is really good & they wash really well, my fav shop is next, M&P for nursery bedding :thumbup: xxx

BTP i hate it when they rush you! :growlmad: how rude ignoring you when you were trying to ask Q's, i would book to see sum1 else hun x

RE selling maternity clothes fantastic idea ladies, get some pennies for xmas,
BTP i'm still in mine too :haha: need to get on the Wii fit more :winkwink:

:wave: BLONDIE Ollie has his jabs on wed too, thank god daddy is off work so he can come too when bethany had hers i was ready to :gun: the nurse lol

OH has been doing his degree on a evening so not had a chance to get computer much but i'm always lurking on FB when he nips to the loo :haha:
Ollie just never :sleep: during the day, he catnaps 5mins here 5mins there
any1 elses lo the same?

he's haveing a winge better go xxx

My Mum got James a pack of babygrows from sainsburys and they wash lovely...quite relevant too because one says Mummy's little star on it!! I like the scratch mitts ones because it means the sleeves are longer and fit James better!! x

ive been awol a few days ill try to catch up

Emzy- im also on period number two since birth , the joy, but even though it is very heavy as usual im finding it less painfull than it used to be?

Lilbump- hope you feeling better today , the thought of work is horrid , what do you do?
Maternity mortgage break i think i may try that but we had a mortgage holiday a little while ago so probaly wont be entitled

Jelly- It sounds like you need a sling to give your poor arms a rest

Good plan on selling mat clothes i may put some on here and see if i get any takers

Id love a tatoo but im a total wimp so i think ill settle for charms with there initials and fingerprints instead :)

We had a family photo shoot on saturday cant wait to see the pics of the four of us only thing is they are very expensive but then everything around here is so damn expensive!

I am actually the deputy manager of a day nursery so shouldnt be too bad as he will be in the same building as me at least! x

Evening all!!

I had a shit day today, hardly eaten anything as Hope has been so grouchy, everytime I put her down she would cry!! I then had a massive row with Ian when he walked thro the door and ended up crying my eyes out. So today has been a right off lol!!

Oh becs you poor thing big hugs hunni xx

Well this time 7 weeks ago i was doing a lot of grunting and pushing!!!! lol...damn still havent written my birth story!! x

Evening all!!

Huge :hugs: I hope today is a better day for you, happens to us all! xxxxxxx:hugs:

Thanks laies, my Mum came over last night and told me that all new Mummies go thro it and that its not easy and considering what I have gone thro with the birth and moving I am doing brilliantly!! She told me not to worry about the housework and that it doesn't matter, all that matters is Hope and me!! I know she is right and I guess I just need to let go of it a little bit, but its hard!! She also told me that I should ask for help as thats what families are for. I feel so daft but so glad I had a hug and good chat with my Mum.

We had a good night and I feel alot better today, I guess Hope was just picking up on my mood and tension. So today is a new day, my sister is having Hope for a few hours this afternoon so Ian and I can have some 'us' time, I can't wait just to go out and have a coffee and just be a couple for a few hours.

Becs Glad your feeling a bit better this morning, enjoy your time out with Ian xx

Glad you're feeling better today Becs!

Had a good night last night again, she slept from 10 til 12 then had a quick feed and back down til 9.30 this morning!!

Just had Holly weighed at baby clinic, she's now 13lb 9oz! 6 lbs more than when she was born! She's been following the 50th centile line until now and now she is half way between 50th and 75th, so slightly above average, I'm really pleased!

Does anyone else's baby do REALLY stinky farts??! She has always been a farty baby (like her father lol) but just recently they have been really stinky. I keep having to check her nappy to see if she's pood as they stink!! Maybe it's because I've moved to cartons?

Re outfits, Holly wears a mixture of both. At night she wears a long sleeve vest and a babygrow with built in scratchmits as her hands get cold (Daisy the one's I got in Sainsbury's didn't have mits attached?! I looked everywhere and could only find them in Matalan and Mothercare in packs- were they were the ones you got from Sainsbury's in packs?) and during the day she either wears a nice sleepsuit or more often than not a comfy outfit like leggings/trousers with feet (if you know what I mean!) with a vest and either a long sleeve top or a short sleeve one with a cardi. She has some lovely dresses too that she wears when we go out, but I prefer to dress her in comfy stuff. I said to my sister that I love all the outfits, but I actually prefer clothes that look like baby clothes rather than mini versions of adult clothes if you know what I mean?

Right best be off. Matt's doing the feeds for Holly tonight so I can have a bit of a pamper evening! He is so sweet, he bought me some nice bath stuff and moisturiser and some new slippers and a nighty and said to have a nice bath and a chill out upstairs with my magazines that I haven't had a chance to read. Can't wait! x

oh and blob I wondered what you meant by baby legs, so I looked them up. Is this what you meant? They are sooo cute!! I want some!!

https://www.babykind.co.uk/babylegs.htm

hey everyone

just wanted to pop on quickly and say hello :)

ive been so busy - im doing my dissertation on postnatal depression and how its linked with feeding methods (either breastfeeding or formula feeding) and like links from that, like guilt if you dont bf - support networks etc, so have been on the net all day researching articles!! pooosh knackering stuff haha!!

I can only remember about becs - sorry youve had a tough time and glad your feeling better - hopefully your couple time will make you smile :D

be back soon to catch up!

hugs to everyone!

xxxxxxx

stmw that sounds really interesting! I definitely think that an inability to breastfeed (if you want to in the first place) and the troubles associated with it could easily contribute to the onset of postnatal depression. I'd be interested in the results! Are you doing a study? x

Evening ladies!!!

STMW, that does sound interesting, I think my teary days are a result of my terrible labour/birth.

Emzy, hope you enjoyed your bath!!! So nice to relax!!

We had a lovely afternoon out, had tea at my folks, we haven't beeen back that long but we are showered and ready for bed and Ian is feeding Hope then he is going to make the bottles!! Its like our little routine at night, he does her last feed downstairs before going to bed then he puts her up and makes her bottles!!
I am off to baby group in the morning and to find out when I start baby massage!! Be nice to meet some people!!

Hi all! Sorry I've been awol. It seems I've missed rather a lot but I don't have time to read through the many many pages.. sorry!

Any of you ladies have babies that hate being in the car? Harry goes mental and I'm now dreading going out in the car with him. He's fine if one of us sits in the back with a finger in his mouth. x

Hi everyone! :hi:
I'm being a rotten thread-mate again!
Sorry!
Hope everyone is well!
I'm doing very well and enjoying my little family very much, but I can't believe how full the days are and how fast time is flying!:)

Fishy that must be so hard especially if you have to take him out on your own!! Thankfully the car has the opposit on Hope, she loves it and falls asleep!!!

Sarah, so glad you well!! I know, where does the time go?!!

Thanks Becs, yes it is an absolute nightmare! I now dread going out anywhere. He used to love it so I'm not sure what's happened. Maybe he hates my driving!! lol

Any of you ladies have babies that hate being in the car? Harry goes mental and I'm now dreading going out in the car with him. He's fine if one of us sits in the back with a finger in his mouth. x

Rosie hates the car, so did Sophie until she was facing forwards and could see! I had to wait til she was big enough to face forwards, it seemed like ages!
atm i try and sit with her or the children hold her hand!
She hated the pram but i persisted! It seems to be the car seat she is not keen on.

xxxxxxx:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->