September Stars

Louise, you sound the same as me! Mark and I have a row and I am like " well we might as well get divorced then!! " lol xx
Jelly, sorry to hear about your Gramps. Hugs. Xx

I am off to the hospital for blood tests in a bit so will update properly later. I have to take Riley who is being a right pain this morning so wish me luck! Xx

Haha gla I'm not the only drama queen here!! Jelly hope today goes as well as it can, at least the rain has stopped xx

I think Lilia might be getting chicken pox, I looked after another toddler wed thur and fri last week who is now starting to come out in the pox so imagine they were together right over the contagious period! She has been poorly the past few days and is hard work today after not sleeping well an getting up at 5am so hoping it will be short lived.. Wish me luck!

Sorry last few days been up and down I haven't managed to read yet I do it in a mo and update you as both girls are poorly now but just quickly ...

Which thermometer do you use? Would you recommend it ?urgently need a new one

Mine was bought for me gg so dont know exactly it's from boots I think an it's a digital one you put under their arm, it can take over a minute to get to an accurate reading though so its a pain if they're really crabby and don't want arms pinning down! Hope you find a good one skin, and hope everything is ok? Xxx

Oh no Genies, I hope the girls are okay. I think we got a basic digital one from Asda. Xx

I haven't got one yet but I want the digital ones that take the temp straight away in the ear. My kids just will not stay still long enough for any other and i never get a accurate reading but they can be quite expensive. could try ebay though?
Hope the girls are both better soon!

Genies,
I have this one
https://www.boots.com/en/Vicks-Forehead-Thermometer_117702/

Now it is expensive (see next post for better price!!) but worth every penny, batteries last forever and it is so easy to get a reading, literally just gently take it across forehead and it bleeps and shows temp with red, amber, green backlight depending on result.
You may find one ebay or possibly with boots vouchers if your a hoarder of them like i am! (although i think I have 25 quid!)
It also stores the last temp so you can see if its gone up or down:thumbup:

:hugs::kiss:

Just found this with free postage!
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Vicks-V-97...G2DE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1336488606&sr=8-1

:thumbup::kiss:

Hi ladies

I'm feeling a bit tired and fed up today! I've been getting mild period pains for a couple of weeks and on Sunday night I barely slept because I was getting lots of period pains and trapped wind type pains. Then all day yesterday I had immense lower back ache and period pains coming and going all day. I lost a bit of blood in my knickers too. Last night the pains got really strong and I only managed about 2 hours sleep in between pains. But early this morning they tailed off again and I've been having mild pains on and off all day, but nothing like they were last night! Matt worked from home as he is working 2 hours away and he wanted to hang around in case the pains got worse, but they've just fizzled out really! I rang the midwife to ask if I'm doing the right thing just waiting it out, I knew I was but Matt wanted me to ring because of the blood yesterday as it was like red spotting. Spoke to a nice midwife and she said that it sounds like things are slowly getting going and the blood was prob part of my show, as it isn't always mucusy. She said hopefully the period pains will turn into contractions over the next few days. Sorry for the selfish post! X

Emzy, No!! It's so unfair!!! Lol xx
I knew you would labour before me!! I am SO jealous. Xx

Well, as long as my bloods come back okay I can have a home birth! Had a trace on baby today and she wasn't very happy to begin with. There were no accelerations in her heart rate. Off to the toilet and a walk and she was a little happier which was a relief! She is still not moving very much but perhaps she is preparing for labour as I am 3/5 engaged. Well I can hope and pray anyway!! I am fed up of being pregnant now and want to meet her. Xx

Teeny that's good news!! Mine is moving less too, they said at my appointment last week that its because she's fully engaged.

I wouldn't be jealous yet, I'm not convinced things are happening anyway, everything has tailed off into nothing! So frustrating! Hope they pick up again over the next couple of days! I'm totally fed up now too and just done with being pregnant! Going to dtd again tonight, did it last night and it appeared to have done something, so worth a go!

GG - I have the ear therometer and I think its great. With the amount of times JJ has been ill it is so quick and easy to check........ as I have unfortuantly had to use this evening as once again JJ has a high temp.

I bought mine from Amazon and was this one (i think) I was givena cheaper Graco one for baby shower but within a couple of months I didnt trust it the ear piece was too big and ended up borrowing my sisters.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0001D0LMS/ref=wms_ohs_product

Its got 30% off at the moment

Emzy eveything is helping even if you dont think so. Hpe the pains pick up and turn into active labour for you soon. Did your plug go last time with Holly?

Louise :hugs: Hope Lillia is ok

Emma, fx'd somethign happens soon!!!

Teeny, come on little lady get a wriggle on!!!

Jelly, hope you are ok xxx

How is everyone??? Hope has a stinker of a cold, she went to bed at 6 as she fell asleep watching Abney and Teal!! As nice as it is that she goes to bed early it makes the evenings drag!!! I have started cleaning my kitchen cupboards out as I am bored!!!
Well down to single figures tomorrow, I am so so looking forward to him coming home but in another way I love it just being me and Hope, I know its hard work and I am tired but we have such a special bond!!! I got really teary earlier after she went to bed, I feel so emotional, I could cry at the drop of a hat and I have no idea why!!! Silly cow that I am!!!

GG, hope Layla is ok xxx I keep meaning to buy a thermometer!!!

Thankyou for the thermOmeter tips I have the calpol ear one it's basic and I don't always trust it ! Funnily enough btp and jelly you recommended the very two I had been looking at , my friend has the Braun one and swears by it but I have gone for the Vicks head one ( found one on eBay £20 ! ) then I can do both head and ear to compare ! The dr said I had to have a reliable thermometer !

Layla has recovered well from her seizure she didn't have another her temps have stopped and she just on antibiotics now !

Amelia yesterday suddenly came out in a head to toe rash was up in the night with a temp dr says its a mystery virus !

So I am busy nursing and cheering them up !

Emzy and teeny hugs loveys the end is in sight x

I need to read back now ....

Louise hope the row got sorted ?

Becs it must be hard not having the company in the evenings have you got anything special planned for when dh gets back?

Jelly yes I did, had a bloody mucusy show the day before labour started. Wasn't anything like this though, this was like spotting!

Gg your poor girls! Hope they're better soon Xx

GG, nothing planned as yet, might go away for a long weekend to haven or something!! Nothing exciting tho!!

Oooooh girls come oooooooooooon please please have your babies soon!!

So I'm going to actually have a job tomorrow :rofl: and I'm regretting thinking it was a good idea :rofl: seriously who in their right mind decides to work when they don't need to. Poop!!

I officially hate robins job, it's arse :cry: I have so much to dooooooo.. Obviously have the girls, now working but also I have a wedding tasting on thursday night and them a big order this weekend. I'm shattered already :haha:

Teeny that's fab!!! I hope you do get the perfect homebirth :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->