September Stars

I'm so happy I have just bought an Out n About Nipper 360 for my 2 little ones as the buggypod was rubbish as it was too small for my 3 year old. I have managed to get one for £50 instead of £150 which is what they were going for 2nd hand on ebay. It's easy to manouvere and not heavy. I had borrowed a Graco Stadium Duo off a friend and it was like pushing a tank and too long too. I love bargains!!!

Hope everyone is ok?

I love new prams :haha: I love love my icandy though :cloud9:

Ok so mummies with two...i have Tabs potty trained at home, but i dont really know how to get her to go outside? I will just let her have accidents i'm not putting more nappies on. But the problem is she wont tell me she needs to go? At home she just goes without me (she's butt naked at home so its easy) but she doesnt get it much outside :dohh:

Ok so mummies with two...i have Tabs potty trained at home, but i dont really know how to get her to go outside? I will just let her have accidents i'm not putting more nappies on. But the problem is she wont tell me she needs to go? At home she just goes without me (she's butt naked at home so its easy) but she doesnt get it much outside :dohh:

Ok! So if she is on the potty then take a potty everywhere you go, dress her with pants and usual clothes and put a mat under her in buggy or car seat.
ALWAYS!! Take spare stuff with you even when you think she is 100% trained, i had to walk all the way home the other day when we got to playgroup and Sophie wee'd herself!
Ask every now and again if she needs a wee, sit her on the pot b4 you go out and if you are out a while just sit her on it anyway.
If she is trained to toilet then same goes, ask her and just sit her on a toilet anyway see if she can have a wee.
I find disabled toilets are best, firstly you can get the pram in with you and secondly the rail is good for toddlers to hold on to!
It is just a case of braving it, if she knows what to do at home she should follow, if she wets her clothes just change her say never mind and carry on, if she wee's on a pot or loo, go mental saying how fab she is and what a big sister she is, Sophie did a wee in the tesco toilet and we were running about going loopy for her, then we got her a treat, she felt really special and then asked to go for a wee when we got to tesco the next time! :thumbup:

Good luck, and if you are not ready, because you both have to be ready! Then keep her in pull ups when you go out, but Sophie always saw a pull up as just having a nappy on, there is no such thing as training pants really, they don't realise unless they are actually wet.
:hugs:

Yea she seems to love her pants and potty :)

I just got her a toilet seat for a bit later but also just got a portable potty :wohoo: See my only worry just now is what to do if you're like shopping in a city and no toilets :rofl: Have to say toilet training has been the most worrying part so far :rofl: :rofl: SOOO much help though thank you :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Hi all! I'm making an effort to get on here more, I really missed it!

Can I ask how many bottles and how many ounces your little ones are having daily for FF babies? We have been letting Lilia lead us with regards to her routine, which seems to be working wonderfully seeing as she sleeps and eats so well... we went on to 6oz bottles about a fortnight ago now, and a few days after going up to 6ozs she has dropped a bottle out during the day and now only has 4 during the day.. I know she's having practically the same as 5 5oz bottles but I worry a little because she has obviously dropped a night bottle out when the HV said that initially she would miss a night bottle out and make it up during the day!! So she has a bottle usually about 9am, 1pm, 5pm, 9/10pm... does this sound like enough to you lot? She has a soiled nappy once a day and very heavy wet ones!

:wave:lousie nice to see you back, great news about your DH
wow go lilia i wish Ollie had her sleep patten :winkwink:

ladykara we carnt use johnsons baby bath in the blue bottle :nope:
thinking about it our daughter was the same when we used it on her
she came out in a nasty rash too, hope it clears up soon.

boots have launched a baby sensitive range which u can use on skin that has eczema ect it's great stuff, i even use it :thumbup: xxx

we use pampers baby dry, huggies leak we found & we use sainsburys baby wipes,they are fab! don't like pamper wipes :nope:

optical i hope she is better today? :hugs:
bethany has been poorly over the last week, it's just awful when they are unwell & there is nothing u can do, we got some medised today to try & help her have a better nights sleep coz she coughed so much last night she was sick :nope:

Louise Ollie is 9weeks old & has 4oz every 2hrs up untill 7/8pm when he go's to bed, he lasts untill 2am then has 4oz then untill 5am & has 4oz then up at 8am & back to 2hourly feeds.

I wouldnt worry hunni as long as she has plenty wet nappys & a solied nappy a day thats fine & if she is putting on weight then she is doing fantastic
:thumbup:

Well Ollie is doing great with the new bottles he seems to cry less
:happydance: the only thing the plagues him now is his toothy pegs :nope:

Louise Nice to hear from you! Holly varies with her feeds. Sometimes she will have 6 bottles a day and have 5-6oz every feed (usually growth spurt time!). Sometimes she will have 5 bottles a day, going a bit longer between feeds and having 6- 6.5oz bottles and every now and then she decides to take 7oz and have 4 bottles a day. Mostly it's 5 x 6- 6.5oz a day . I think as long as she is getting enough in a day it doesn't matter how often they feed. I have been told they should have approx 2.5 times their body weight in oz. So Holly is 13lb 9oz so she should be having around 34 oz a day and she has between 30 and 33 so that's good enough for me! As long as she is gaining nicely I don't think it's a problem! Oh and I always add an extra oz than she usually drinks to the bottle so I can be sure she is getting all she wants. I'd rather waste an oz every feed than her drain the bottle and still be hungry. It's when she starts draining those bottles that I up another oz and so on x

I forgot to add the rest to my post lol

Blob which icandy do you have? I love my cherry! I have been thinking about baby number 2 (already!!) and wondering what I'd do if we have another while she is still in the pushchair and I think I'd get a pear as they look fab and I love my cherry loads!

Daisy I will have to have a look at the baby sensitive stuff in Boots!

I took Holly to the doctors this morning and she has conjunctivitis, oh yay lol I also have a sore eye so I think I may have transferred it to my eye too so we have drops to put in 4x a day. Oh the joys! lol

Also my cat has decided to get poorly too and we've had a nightmare with the vets! A couple of years ago he started being sick everywhere. The vets did tests etc and couldn't find anything wrong with him and he all of a sudden got better, so we just assumed it was a bug or something that had got better. Now it started happening again so I took him to the vets this morning and they said they think it's a food allergy so wanted to run some tests... would be fine normally as I'm insured but they said it's an existing condition so the insurers won't pay for it (we have changed insurers since) and it will cost £400 for the test!!! We have been arguing with them all day over the phone... we can't see how they have said it's an ongoing condition when a) they didn't diagnose it before, they couldn't find anything wrong b)they said they ran all the tests they could think of before but didn't do a food allergy test which is what they are saying it is now c) It hasn't been present for over 2 years d)She made me buy some stuff that calms cats down as she thinks it might not be a food allergy it might be because of stress with the baby... we didn't have a baby when it happened last time! Just because it is the same symptom (being sick) they are saying it's a recurrent condition!! They are starting to agree with us now and the practice manager is going to speak to Matt tomorrow as it's not the insurer that's saying no... it's up to the vet how they put through the claim, whether it's an ongoing condition or not. Grrr cheeky buggers!!

Louise Tyler has 7oz and has 5 ir 6 bottles a day depended on whether he sleeps through or not and hes 7 weeks old today.

Glad everone is well today, big snuggles for the poorly babies x

Just a quick question...i want a copy of my pregnancy notes to help me with my scrap book just called the community office to get a copy and ther lady i spoke to took my details and said she would have to get it passed because she isnt sure whether i can or not?!?!...i was in the understanding that you have a right by law under the data protection act (?) to see any information held about you?!?! Can anyway help me with this?? x

oooh forgot to ask... when did the breastfeeding ladies get their periods back & does anyone still have bleeding after 8 weeks occasionally?? x

I dont know hun about your info :shrug:

Last time i didnt get one until just before we concieved Rosalie :rofl: So over a year later :wohoo: and yes i was bleeding for 8 weeks and random times :)

you have a right to see your notes but you dont have a right to have copies i dont think. Usually if you want to see your notes you have to make an appointment to see them but you arent allowed to take them away.

You definitely have a right to know what information they hold about you and so you will have a right to see them, but not necessarily to take them away x

Actually you do have a right to a copy of information held about you https://www.ico.gov.uk/for_the_public/personal_information/how_manage/access_info.aspx xx

I understood you have to pay for a copy? Not sure though.

I BF on demand and still no period after 9 weeks. I think they kick in when you start dropping feeds. Nope no more bleeding for me. Are you ok? x

One of the many downsides of not BF... I have had 2 periods already, blurgh x

I have been doing this just now with my little girl. She was fine at home too. What I did is put knickers on her as well as skirts along with loads of spares to take out. Lily doesn't always tell me she needs to go or sometimes refuses to go but what I do is plonk her on the toilet every 30 mins to an hour this means putting her on the toilet everytime we go past one. I have a waterproof mat that I bought from Mothercare for her car seat and always have this on, you could even take it with you to cafes etc... She has been doing well and has only had a couple of accidents in the last couple of weeks in fact had one today at the Wacky Warehouse but she said that she had done a wee and I didn't make a fuss other than go into the toilet to change her.

I started my period when Lilia was 9 weeks old, it wasn't particularly heavy and only lasted about 3/4 days, not nearly as bad as I imagined! I did breastfeed for nearly 4 weeks though so don't know if this had any impact?

I would have thought you'd be allowed to take a copy of your pregnancy notes away, don't see why not!

I agree with eveyone regarding your notes, i'm sure u can have a copy of any info that anyone has on you.

I was surprised to learn at the hospital that they hold on to your birth notes for 25yrs!
when i was in i was able to look at my birth notes for bethany who is now 4.5yrs old!

i have a question, i'm thinking about getting a new pushchair & i would love to know what everyone else has????

i have a maxi cosi car seat so i'm thinking about getting one that i can clip the car seat onto to make life a little easier :winkwink: xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->