September Stars

Just seen that Emzy has tried it out with Holly. She looks pretty safe and happy in it. x

Here we go for those not on facebook (I actually think I have everyone on facebook, but hey ho lol) I tried out the seat and she just about is big enough for it now! It does recline back and we took her round the block in it and she fell asleep so must have been nice and cosy! My mum has bought us a universal cosytoes from John Lewis as the matching one is £80 which is ridiculous! She's bringing that up with her at Christmas. I think we'll keep her in the carry cot for now as she just about still fits in it, but she is so long that she will no doubt be in the seat very soon.

Attachments

• icandy.jpg
    icandy.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 6
  • icandy2.jpg
    icandy2.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 7
  • icandy3.jpg
    icandy3.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 6
Do you mind me asking how much she weighs now? Just so I can compare to see if Harry will fit it.

Hiya everyone!!! Thanks to you all for your lovely wishes for Sam to be better! It seems to be working, so keep it up!!

F&C, I have to say your pic of Harry feeding on the photos thread is beautiful! Happy little man!! And I am jealous of him dropping a night feed, I think we are ages away from that ha ha!!!

Holly looks fab in that seat!! I seem to remember Jack going in the seat of his Loola at about 4 months, as he was a big boy, and I'm sure Sam will be the same. It goes almost flat and was fine. In his Jane car seat on our 3 wheeler, I often have the seat "up" a notch at the back so he can see me better rather than being completely flat. He's out of the carrycot now as he wakes himself up in it.

I am missing loads on here at the moment, I don't feel I am keeping up with everyone at all! Trying my best to keep up on FB though. xx

I'm getting Harry weighed on Thursday but according to the scales he's at least 13lb so FX

Just snuck in and had a look, what a beautiful photo! I so wish I had been able to continue breastfeeding Holly :cry: Next baby I'm definitely going to persevere and not listen to the damn paediatritions. I know it was because of her jaundice but I really wish I could have carried on!! How long do you both plan on breastfeeding for? Are you in it for the long haul? A friend of mine from antenatal classes is thinking of giving it up very soon (her baby is 9 days younger than Holly) as she's had enough x

Emzy - Hope you dont mind me saying but Holly is soooo cute :)

Becs - I havent heard anything from our baby massage group yet...but can i just ask how it is?? Does it help you and baby bond and stuff and relieve wind or anything???

Girls, I was looking at the Icandy prams but cant really afford them atm...although they are very nice looking and very stylish!!! I've just got a mamas and papas freestyler....got it off Ebay for £50!!! I can't really argue tbh!! And the woman who gave it to us was soooo nice...showing my OH how to put it up and down and how things attach and stuff!!! Was so good!!!

Kimi has her injections on the 29th of this month...dreading it!!! For all the mummies of the little ones who have had theirs.... how was it??? Any after effects or anything??? I am not taking her for them as I am a wimp so my OH kindly agreed to do it for me!!!

I also have my post natal check on Monday....bit worried about what the docs are going to say as I haven't been feeling too great and worried about how I've been coping with Kimi.

Just wanted to add my facebook on to here as havent got any of you on there...and as i'm on there alot...thought i could keep in touch there too!!

So just add me and add your username too so I know who you are :)

https://www.facebook.com/Vix2e

Hope all the snuffly babies are feeling better and big hugs!!!

YoungMummy18 course I don't mind, thank you!!

As for baby massage I find it great for relieving Holly's wind. There is a special tummy massage and she always lets out a big fart when I do it lol

And the injections are not that bad... well I hate them really but they are over in seconds and Holly cries a lot but only for a little while. I nice cuddle and she's fine again. After the first lot she was cranky for the day but fine after some calpol. The second ones I gave her calpol straight away and she was fine all day, no problems. I am sure they hurt us more than they hurt them lol

Sorry to hear that you've been struggling to cope with Kimi, I bet you are doing a great job! Is there anything in particular you've been struggling with? Holly had colic and I felt like a wreck while she had it, but we seem to be over that hump now x

As for baby massage I find it great for relieving Holly's wind. There is a special tummy massage and she always lets out a big fart when I do it lol

And the injections are not that bad... well I hate them really but they are over in seconds and Holly cries a lot but only for a little while. I nice cuddle and she's fine again. After the first lot she was cranky for the day but fine after some calpol. The second ones I gave her calpol straight away and she was fine all day, no problems. I am sure they hurt us more than they hurt them lol

Sorry to hear that you've been struggling to cope with Kimi, I bet you are doing a great job! Is there anything in particular you've been struggling with? Holly had colic and I felt like a wreck while she had it, but we seem to be over that hump now x

Youngmummy, massage was fab, really relaxing and was nice to meet some other mums. I have my post natal tomorrow and I have to say I have off days where I don't seem to cope aswell, I am sure if you are worried the dr will help you, its nothing to be ashamed of xx
I think I might try hope in her seat, she is over 13lbs so should be ok, she just looks so cramped in her carrycot!!
I am in bed, Ian has gone back to work, hope and Murphy are snoring!!

Oh I hope i can start baby massage soon then...might help me relieve her wind a bit better!!

And I wasnt sure if you could give them calpol... :wacko: see...you learn something new everyday!!!

And I think its so overwhelming sometimes...i feel very alone and very isolated and sometimes when she is screaming and screaming and I dont know what to do as she isnt hungry/wet/got wind or anything and then someone else comes in and picks her up and stops her crying...i feel like a failure iykwim??

xx

Youngmummy you are not a failure, being a mum is the hardest job in the world. Everyday you are learning. I bet you are a fab mum x

£50?! What a bargain! Great work.

Please believe me that nearly all new mums feel like you do. Harry has days where I can't settle him and I start doubting myself. It could be that Kimi smells milk when she's near you or something like that. Do you have friends/groups you can visit as I often find getting out is the best answer when I'm feeling down?

Emzy, thanks for the lovely compliment! I'm very lucky that I was able to BF as I know how tricky it can be. I'm lucky as my sister is a trained breast feeding support worker so she came in to the hospital to help me the day after I had Harry. I owe her a lot. I am hoping to BF him as long as possible tbh. I would quite like him to take a bottle though so that others can give him my expressed milk. I feel a bit trapped at the moment as can't go anywhere without him. x

dh has gone to football so ive done the girls bath and bed on my own tonight i started at 8 and its now 10 they both asleep and ive set out their clothes for tommorow and tidyied the kitchen so im feeling chuffed!

baby massage is sounds interesting is it something i could do with two though?

youngmummy- im sure your not a failiure, some days can be like that everyone has them, do you get out the house much?

Daisybell the mothercare spin is also compatible and very lightweight...i have it and i do love it but it seems a bit rocky iykwim! How is the icandy...i just find the seat/pram wobbles?!

YoungMummy il add you now...we all get like that hun, i find talking to James or singing helps and if that doesnt work i put him against my chest sort of on my shoulder and pat his back it works a treat! :) xx

James had his jabs today :( he did cry got quite upset but it last a few mins...the doc did him a prescription for calpol and said to give him 2.5ml then and before bed! :) x

James is 8 weeks old today...i think he is about 11lbs now too tried weigh him on our scales!! hehe! I want to turn my pram into the pushchair now just for a play lol x

£50?! What a bargain! Great work.

Please believe me that nearly all new mums feel like you do. Harry has days where I can't settle him and I start doubting myself. It could be that Kimi smells milk when she's near you or something like that. Do you have friends/groups you can visit as I often find getting out is the best answer when I'm feeling down?

Emzy, thanks for the lovely compliment! I'm very lucky that I was able to BF as I know how tricky it can be. I'm lucky as my sister is a trained breast feeding support worker so she came in to the hospital to help me the day after I had Harry. I owe her a lot. I am hoping to BF him as long as possible tbh. I would quite like him to take a bottle though so that others can give him my expressed milk. I feel a bit trapped at the moment as can't go anywhere without him. x

James is breast fed and i was the same hun just felt like i couldnt even cook tea without DF was saying James needed a feed so i occasionaly express and he feeds him! He has had a few bottles of formula too now i just didnt want him to get fussy with bottles...the amount of babies i have looked after who are just a nightmare wont take a bottle so scream most of the day is unreal! x

dh has gone to football so ive done the girls bath and bed on my own tonight i started at 8 and its now 10 they both asleep and ive set out their clothes for tommorow and tidyied the kitchen so im feeling chuffed!

baby massage is sounds interesting is it something i could do with two though?

youngmummy- im sure your not a failiure, some days can be like that everyone has them, do you get out the house much?

Not really...I find getting out of the house a bit daunting if I'm on my own with Kimi...much prefer my OH to be there but he's a PS3 addict lol!!

Daisybell the mothercare spin is also compatible and very lightweight...i have it and i do love it but it seems a bit rocky iykwim! How is the icandy...i just find the seat/pram wobbles?!

YoungMummy il add you now...we all get like that hun, i find talking to James or singing helps and if that doesnt work i put him against my chest sort of on my shoulder and pat his back it works a treat! :) xx

James had his jabs today :( he did cry got quite upset but it last a few mins...the doc did him a prescription for calpol and said to give him 2.5ml then and before bed! :) x

James is 8 weeks old today...i think he is about 11lbs now too tried weigh him on our scales!! hehe! I want to turn my pram into the pushchair now just for a play lol x

Oh I best ask the doctors for prescription for it then for her :) xx

Youngmummy I feel quite isolated sometimes too. I moved from dartford to Bolton so all my family are down south and all my friends are at work during the daytime. When holly is unsettled it can make me question myself too. I've been trying to get out most days even if just for a walk andit tends to settle holly too! Do you have any groups you can go to? Baby massage would be ideal!

Genes you could Def do baby massage with both babies, you could just do one then the other, kind of take turns x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->