September Stars

I love the name emilia i wanted to name alyssa amelia but DH wasn't keen. Theres so many pretty girls names though its hard to choose. I think Lilia and Emilia sound cute together.

I've actually come in here for a rant so i apologise! I've just had a email from my DH (he's at work) saying he's had a email from the warrant officer to say we have had a complaint about the conditions we keep our dog in in the heat!
Now i have a huge garden so when we moved here i put up a 6ft x 4ft pen for Mia (our dog) and attached it to the utility room so she can come in and out as she pleases and she is separated from the kids in the garden. She has this set up all year round no matter what the weather is! Inside the Utility room she has a heater for in the winter and in the summer she always has water down and i change it quite often throughout the day so it doesn't get to warm.
The neighbours have complained saying that she is always 'shut' outside without water all day!
For starters my dog is never 'shut' outside she is a huge Japanese Akita that when she is stood on her back paws she is taller than me! She can open doors herself! So although i always leave the door open for her if it happens to blow shut she can open it herself with ease. Secondly she doesn't have water outside in her pen because she is always able to get inside to the water. The water gets too hot for her if its left outside which is why we leave it inside for her and refresh it at least 3 times a day.
If we go out during the day we still leave the door unlocked and open for her because we know nobody is going to jump a 6ft pen with a giant dog inside! So she can still access her water and if need be she can get into the kitchen as well if she needs more space.
At night time she sleeps in our bedroom with us with a bowl of water which she insists on slurping most of the night lol.
Now does this sound like she is being mistreated?
I should also add that she's not confined to just the pen and utility she is allowed in the rest of the house but during the day she generally prefers to be in the garden under a tree sunbathing lol.

It sounds like you have an interfering neighbour who thinks they know best. My mum had a similar complaint once and when the rspca turned up they apologised. I guess they thought they were doing the right thing but I would have been angry too. X

definitely interfering busy bodies!
I wouldn't mind but its not the first time we have been reported coz of the dog. when we first moved here she was unsettled and kept howling at 4am (fair enough) it took us a few days to work out why and it was because the boiler coming on was scaring her so once we solved that she was fine, but it seems like since then they neighbours have it in for us and now they report us for every tiny little thing!

Yea the worst part is the person who i think it is is always so friendly when i see her!
I had suspicions that she was being horrible to my cats as well but never reported her partly because i had no proof and partly because i thought i was over reacting but i'll be watching her now and the minute she does something wrong i'll be reporting her!

Fishy I like the name Alice, I think it sounds cute with Harry but I also think you have to be 100% sure, with Lilia as soon as I saw the name Lilia I just knew it was right! I think Emilia is probably our top choice thanks for feedback but I am still a little concerned its too much like Lilia I don't want them to get confused!

Boony sounds like meddling wives with nothing better to do with their time! What's going to happen?

I'm not sure to be honest Louise as i said this is the second complaint about the dog but the first complaint was almost 2 years ago and i think our license agreement says 3 complaints in 6 months and we get kicked out of SFA. I think either the warrant officer will come round and check she's fine or he'll take our word for it.
Last time with the complaints about the howling Tarron got called up to the WO's office and had to have a meeting which was fair enough i agreed with that complaint i wouldn't like someones dog howling at 4am either and luckily we found out what was wrong and solved the issue. However this time Tarron just got a email stating what the complaint was so he emailed back saying basically how much space/water/shelter etc she has and that he is welcome to come round and see her and the house to see for himself and so far theres been no reply so hopefully he believes us.
Just had another email from Tarron saying that the complaint was made today but she's been in most of the day today so i'm assuming they noticed her outside yesterday and we were out most of the day yesterday so maybe they assumed we had locked her out whilst we were out but as i say even when out she still has access to the house. Even if we go out and know we might be out a while we fill up the sink in the Utility room with cold water in case she runs out in her bowl and she just jumps up and drinks it out the sink (sounds disgusting i know but she drinks a lot and we don't use the sink in the utility for anything else lol).
Hopefully the WO will tell the person that complained exactly what we told him and they'll leave us alone.

Hey everyone

Well my feelings were correct - started bleeding today!

Went to docs and they think its a miscarriage! On to next month =) im not even that sad as today roxy FINALLY said her first word and it was........MUM!!! Yayyyyy!!

Had a fantastic day flying kites and playing in the park =) Hope everyone else is well =) xxxxxxxxxx

Stmw :hugs: sorry you started bleeding, Yay on Little roxy there will be no stopping her now!

FB :flower: :kiss: :hugs: Dont know how I woul cope at 38 weeks and in this heat, are your ankles swelling as mine did with JJ and the heat

Louise - Wow hope wayne is able to help out sounds like tough work!

Boony - im sure when or if someone does visit they will clearly see that you are looking after the dog well. Sounds like he has a lot more than most dogs. My parents dog would be kept in the utility room when they went out but thats because he would go into his kennel box with all his soft bedding and have a snooze in winter or would lay on the cool ceramic tiles in the summer. :hugs: hope it all sorts itself out soon

AFM.......... drumb roll please ................................................ We finally have got a house :happydance:, we ended up having to put on the asking price but toook until 6 this evening to have everything confirmed. God trying to find a house was one of the hardest things in a long time. Annoyingly we still cant see pictures or details of the property as they are still working on them...... I want to drool over our new home

The details are now on the net of the house with pics let me know if anyone wants to look and I'll PM you :)

Me please! I want to see it! Congrats you! And to think he was going to stay sulking in the car LOL!!

Jelly congratulations on the new house! Bet your sulky husband has cheered up now :p lol. Can i see too please?

Jelly- congratulations on your new house, bet you are so happy.
Have my 38 week appointment today a couple of days late :haha: I am feeling really uncomfortable at the minute lil lady has dropped very low down I get her squirming down there yesterday am having very loose number 2 (sorry for the tmi) and have got mild period cramps not getting my hopes up for anything to happen though as I have a feeling she is going to keep me waiting.

Great news on the house Jelly! I wanna see too!! Xx
Ooohh, FB, I hope this is it for you my lovely. Xx

We are off out to the park with the kids, but first we need to work out the pram!! Lol We have the iCandy pear and due to her unexpected arrival it was still in the loft!! Doh! Xx

Ooooo congrats Jelly !!! I'd like to see too if you can send me the link. How exciting !!!

Will be back later to catch up as am on my phone. Loving the pics of the girls on Facebook Teeny and Emzy !! Xx

Yey congrats Jelly!! I would love to see the pics too if you don't mind sending them?

STMW, so sorry to hear about your bleed. FX it means you'll be super fertile for your next cycle. :hugs:

Quick hi from me, got 3 toddlers and a 9 year old and suddenly decided to figure out the logistics of feeding them all at once.. Hmm we have one high chair and one booster seat.. Double hmmm

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->