September Stars

https://www.kiddicare.com/webapp/wc...displayA_63_10751_-1_14604_101321_10001_14051 this looks a better one x

Louise I really love the name Heidi :)

I'm having a huuuuuge clear out today getting rid of all the girls toys :lol: I need space to bring in the new toys of barbies, play mobile and sylvannian families - which seem to be the new toys. Rosalie doesn't seem to play with anything :shrug: just runs around and jumps

Blob - clear outs feel awesome! One of the most satisfying things about moving is how much clutter I managed to get rid of. I was ruthless! And shrieked with harpy-like joy when the worst cluttery objects were picked up by the charity van!
It feels so wonderful to have clear space now. Plus, with a whole house, I now have the "Dungeon" or playroom in the basement where I have banished all toys and both boys. I can barely even hear them screaming and fighting down there. Blissful sigh.
So have fun with the de-cluttering! I love it!

Not much going on here today. We are planning to go back to the Kootenays for a few days next week, so I am trying to get a jump on laundry and packing for that. While I always pack for all kinds of weather, there have been floods and mudslides going on there, so part of me is wondering if we should even go.
Otherwise, just lots of housework. But I really don't mind. The new house actually looks clean when you clean it. What a refreshing change! :thumbup:
I only sort of skimmed the last few pages, but I am guessing that you guys don;t have the "Sit & Stand" strollers there? I bought one last year and posted pics. They are a little awkward to push at times, but were a really good design for energetic toddler and little baby. We're still getting lots of good use out of it, although Tobe doesn't want to use the seat part much anymore. He's all about keeping up with big brother, god help me.
They are playing together pretty well, but they are squabbling a lot, too. But now I can punt them down to the dungeon to get away from it! :happydance:

Have a good day, everyone!

Louise, meant to say - sorry the SPD is so bad! :( And love the name choice. As for the family that might not like it - don't tell them until she is born and named. It cuts down the ignorant comments drastically.

You guys are making me jealous with all your decluttering talk...... I seriously need a clear out before / if we move house.

Louise - Love the name Heidi :) I agree dont tell family until after she is born.... and people soon get used to a name.

Sarahka so glad you are loving the new house, we are really going to miss not having our cellar rooms (basement) when / if we move.

Fed up of the whole moving lark today, got letters from both buyer asking us loads of additional questions that I dont know half the answers too. They say weve put in a new staircase ??? umm think we would have know if we had.... then a letter from our sellers with what they are taking with them.... pretty much everything now even the sodding toothbrush holder in the bathroom seriously petty but all 4 walls are tiled so we now need to write to our solicitor stating that some things they are taking were agreed when we offered a price on the house curtains, poles, cookers etc and we want rooms to be made good before they leave reagrding moving towel rails and fitted wardrobes and sheds. Fishy did you have any of these issues? Im now worried that the people buying us will pull out the people we are buying from are going to leave a house that needs lots of extra expense..... I just feel like giving up

Oh Jelly what a nightmare. No I have to admit it all went very smoothly but we were speaking to the sellers and buyers through email so didn't have to rely on the solicitors or agents. The people we bought from were moving to Oz so they left too much stuff! When we were selling we were asked what we would leave / take as well. It does sound like your sellers are being a bit unreasonable. Re the questions we had loads too from the solicitors. I think it's pretty standard. We answered what we could and batted the rest back to our solicitors. X

We had questions last time we sold maybe 10 in total....... weve got three pages of A4 typed this time :dohh: Im more chilled out about it now !

Jelly, not sure what the "rules" are in the UK, but the offers here have very specific terms and if they are violated, that's breech of contract and a VERY big deal.
For instance, the houses are listed as "including appliances (naming every one), window coverings, alarm systems, etc". It is all very specific. And from the buyer's viewpoint, we have all sorts of inspection conditions.
If we had showed up to find things other than as stated in the contract that we had both signed off on, it would have been grounds for legal action. Both the real estate agent and the lawyer would have dealt with it for us.
And we have very limited contact with the seller. It is all through the agents.

Interesting how different the process can be from country to country, eh? :shrug:

Sarahka - for UK you fill on a form to state fixtures and fittings that will remain but this is over 2 months from when we put an offer in which was discussed between us and the couple and estate agent about what we wanted to stay. They have now gone back on their word as the house they are moving into has nothing so they want to take everything from their current home. We are writing a letter to our solicitor stating that this is not what was agreed when we put an offer on the house and how we want them to 'make good' when removing towel rails from tiled walls and fixed and tiled cupboard underneath the sink etc. they are even taking the light fittings with them lol

Blimey jelly that's not right, they can't go back on their word like that surely, I hope it gets sorted quickly for you, it's the last thing you need!

Wow Jelly that's shocking!! :rofl: I actually cannot believe they are taking so much!!

I so want a playroom for the girls, :lol: a dungeon sounds even better I would LOVE to not hear them arguing. Plus omg no toys just eeeeevvvveereeryyyyywhhhheereee I'm so jealous!!

Hello my lovely ladies xxxx

Sorry not been on for a catch up for ages, packing is mad and Hope is just growing up way too fast, feel like I link and she does something new!!!!

How are we all then??

Fishy, do you have a price list??. There are some lovely things!!!!

Louise, I love heidi!!!

Jelly, what a pain in the butt!!!!!

Blob, I love a good clear out!

Sorry yep they are all in the middle. The price is the trade price (the two prices depend on the size you want).

Jelly that's insane. I would be surprised if they will stick to it after receiving your letter when you are so far down the journey now. x

Jelly what a pain in the arse moving is !

blob I too am clearing away toys to make way for more up to date things just not sure what really buying a baby buggy for a few quid has kept Amelia busy for days :)

Hi all I'm stupidly tired today but enjoyed the sunshine :)

We had rain and rain here :( oh and lots of wind.

Rosalie loves houses? The tents you put up and a kitchen - that's what I got for tabs around this age. Now they are just getting stocked up on sylvannian families and barbies :)

Question for you ladies - if we have another we are really struggling to find a car that fits 3 carseats? Tabs will be in a booster but they have huge head pad things so still a squeeze. I dont do people wagon things :blush: I'm SOSO fussy I hate estate cars and won't drive them and they have to be pretty. (I want an A5 Audi :rofl: but I can only fit 2 in :cry:)

Its between some 4x4s I think I'm swayed to the freelander as the others are so fancy although it would be cooooooool I'm not sure it would be me :(

Blobbikins - car seats cost far less than a new car. Check out Radians - they are top-rated safety-wise and quite skinny. I found them when I was pondering the third child (still a possibility!) and determined not to give up my Subaru! :) You may be surprised! The Audi might fit them three across. Better a couple of grand in car seats than serious coin on a whole new car that you don't even like? :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->