September Stars

Blob I'm not entirely sure but I would think that would work. Maybe have a look online? My sister knows a lot about it as she's got 3 so I could ask her? She's got a people carrier now and I'm pretty sure my niece is in the middle of two car seats on a booster with side and head supports.

Actually it might be the Picasa she has.

Harry really isn't talking much. He communicates quite well but only as we know what his grunts and actions mean. He says a few things like mumma, dadda, door, floor, more, lollol (lorry), car, ta, peaze (please), turtle and a few others. We are asking him to repeat words which he's trying to do, some more successfully than others! He understands lots though.

He was so funny this evening. He wasn't sleeping so we brought him back downstairs for a bit to cool down etc and he tried every trick in the book to stop us sending him back upstairs! He asked dh to do press ups with him, here's asked for food, milk, running around the loving room, tv etc all with just a nappy and his new sunglasses on! We were in hysterics!

I have to agree absolutely loving this stage, every day it seems like he's learning something new. He's definitely a chatterbox and names all the children at nursery when getting him ready in the morning. He can count to 10 but now he's learnt it he's lost interest cheeky monkey.

He's starting to say two or three words together his favourite is "this way" when walking or in the car or he says "let's go!" when we start a car journey. The funniest was last weekend he spent over two hours talking to his Peter rabbit in his cot charter chatter chatter. It also makes my heart melt when he says 'love you'

JJ seems to be surprising me with really random words that I wouldn't expect like knowing characters off tv names which even I hadn't picked up on. My favourite is him trying to sing songs ..... So cute.

JJ got bitten at nursery again today, not by the same child but apparently this child has done it before. He's still got teeth marks on his hands but apparently he didn't cry when it happened. At least they told me what is going to happen this time and is less distressing knowing he wasn't upset or it being on his face.

I've just got JJ in a nappy tonight it's so hot

Holly speaks in 3 or 4 word sentences mostly, things like "butterfly on wall", "want juice please" and "ice cream! Mummy quickly!" Lol the other day she surprised me, I said to her "come on then, time for a bath" and she held her hands up and said "but I wanted a shower!" I wonder where she gets these things from sometimes!

JJ still isn't convinced on having a shower. Took him in with me at weekend but he absolutely hated it. Will try again as I think things take him awhile like stickers for ages he wouldn't touch but enjoyed watching you do them. Then all of a sudden had the confidence to touch them and now absolutely loves them.

Agreed, absolutely love this stage! Mind you I think I've said this about every stage so far!!

We've tried counting with Lilia but whatever we do, she sticks to her 'two three two three two three two three!' I suppose she'll get it in time!

I agree this stage has been very entertaining with the flow of words and new discoveries from a twin poInt of view it has also been the hardest for me ! Everthing I read about twins saI'd the first two years are the hardest but I think 18 months to 2 1/2 is going to be the trickiest :)

I am loving this stage aswell its great having my lil shadow (ollie) following me around chattering away to me. I try to count with Ollie and all he knows is two so everything is two which will be great in a couple of weeks when I ask him how old he is and he will say two :haha: he also calls his blankeys two he is obsessed with them.

I think this has been both the best and the hardest stage! The tantrums and hitting have been so hard to deal with. They are becoming less frequent though, I guess as she gets better at communicating with us, she's getting less frustrated. I think she's got used to us having Evie now too, she loves her! Whenever I say "shall we go to the park/ play in the garden/etc" she says "and Ewee!?" So cute.

Hey ladies xxx

I have been reading but not had mic time to reply, mid packing etc!!

How are we all?? I love the stage Hope is at too, she says some lovely things and we have some funny conversations!!!
The weather is so nice we have been out in the garden till late as Hope doesn't want to go to bed till later, she loves her paddling pool!! Although she can be very demanding, I find I can't have a hot drink as she wants to belong all the time!!!
I feel guilty this morning as I smacked her arm, she threw the most almighty tantrum and I just lost it, I didn't mean to smack her hard but I mst of done as I left a mark on her arm, I had a good cry and vowed I would never do it again, it didn't solve anything although she did stop and calm right down. I hate myself for it, bad mummy.

Becs, been there and totally understand, I smacked Paige on her arm once too, it left a mark, I didn't think it was that hard, I can't remember what she did but remember she was playing up and did something dangerous and just smacked her hand out of the way...I felt awful after... Grant has ago at me and smacked me on the arm back..lol

I'm just pleased the things in the mouth stage is over....

F&C I got tabs an isofix seat so she now has to sit in the outside :dohh: however I don't even have 3 :rofl: 3 seems to be more of an awkward numbers :nope:

I love this stage too - though I didn't with tabs :shrug: I think because tabs entertains Rosalie so much I just get to watch the fun part? I have adored having them close in age they are such good friends :cloud9: (that's not to say they don't argue and fight constantly though).

GG honestly you are amazing I cannot imagine 2 of Rosalie

Becs I've smacked Rosalie too :cry: I cuddled her after and felt SO guilty but it actually worked for her. Not had to do it again though but just have to mention it (she kept pulling her curtain down and I also just lost it after weeks of her doing it and not sleeping).

We have only had rain here :cry: (we had 1 day of sun on Wednesday)

I've not smacked Lilia, I did smack the little boy I looked after's hand though once as he bit Lilia and I know his mum smacks him when he bites... Wayne has given her a couple of smacks on the hand though, both times were for hitting one of the boys but tbh my thoughts are that you can't really punish bad behaviour with the same behaviour? So how are you teaching her smacking is wrong by smacking her?! However if she was doing something dangerous etc I would do it to shock her against doing it again..it's a tough call to make but seems to be one made on the spur of the moment when you feel a bit emotional!

Lilia has sat on the 'naughty step' once, and that was for hitting the dog very hard over the head with her megablocks box... And then laughing when i told her no! I wanted her to know she can't treat the animals like that as although jake is soft, you never know what she might do with another dog!! It worked wonderfully though, she sat there not moving and said sorry to me and jake and gave kisses and cuddles!! Not had to do it again since! I suppose using things like that on rare occasions will make them more of a punishment?

Wayne only went yesterday and Lilia had a rubbish nights sleep, including the fact I had also 3 toilet stops in the night = tired mummy today!

Sorry I've been a crap threadmate!!!

Hope everyone is okay!

I love this stage with Kimi too :) she is such an angel and her vocabulary since she started nursery has just gone through the roof! She is saying sentences and asking me questions! She knows how to count to 10 and her colours! She loves Peppa Pig and sings along to loads of songs and knows the actions too!

Pippa can now sit up unaided but if she gets excited, then she falls over!

Kimi got a smack on the hand the other day as Pippa was sitting up and she went and pushed her over and Pippa hit her head on the floor! Kimi laughed so she got a smack on the hand and was told off! She gave Pippa a kiss and said sorry and she has been gentle ever since.... i felt guilty as hell but she learnt!

Will catch up tomorrow.... i'm shattered!

xx

Just finishing up a really wonderful few days in the Kootenays with my family.
Beaches, cold mountain lakes, hikes, and lots and lots of family time. Tobe and his 13-month old cousin became best buddies. Little cousin had just started walking, but after two days with his older cousins is tearing/teetering around at a crazy pace (hands in the air like a little gibbon, bless him - so funny and mildly terrifying to watch! :) ). And Tobe was his proud and silly cheerleader - egging him on with the walking; carefully feeding him water from his water bottle, then both boys doubled over, killing themselves laughing :shrug: - so freaking cute!!!
Long drive back tomorrow, but such a sweet few days of family and nature. Yay!

Oh - meant to say - on the topic of sunscreen - if you are trying to find something that avoids the unknowns of nanochemicals, Badger Balm sunscreen cannot be beat.
With nanos, I highly highly recommend La Roche Posay Antihelios for kids. I use the adult stuff on them, too. It is very good for sensitive skin, but is extremely effective and one of the top-rated by dermatologists.
I'm fish-belly white with melanoma in my family history, so I know from sunscreen! :)

Louise- we also did the naughty step, me and grant were in stitches, she just sat there... Looking so sorry for her self..... But it must have done some good because she never played up again.x

I still find her tantrums funny, she falls to the floor in this dramatic way, and thinks the world has ended..she can stop crying as quickly as she starts..

I'm having electrics installed in my studio as I type, I'm so excited !! Means I can go in there in the evenings with my music....

Went to work yesterday and couldn't get into our base, no uniform no radio... Had to hang around for a contractor.... Same thing will happen again today as the wrong contractor turned up, what a mess. Me and my team sat outside the train station watching the openings on my mobile phone.

I swear by P20 Sarah. I get prickly heat and it's the only thing that stops me burning and doesn't bring me out in a rash. And I only have to put it on once and I'm sorted for the day - even if I go swimming! Not sure I can use it on Harry though as it's alcohol based so he's just using factor 50 suncream.

I love watching tantrums :rofl: they are too funny, Rosalie starts crying and then runs to her room and lies on the bed face first and cries - cant really put her in her room for being naughty :lol:

I noramally have to use Clinique seems to be the only one that doesn't give me a reaction - only the spray because it's really thin.

It's very quiet in here at the moment... Have you all got social lives or something?! It's just not on!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->