September Stars

hey everyone,

Thanks for your kind words - luckily I booked this weekend off work so I will be at home. DH said I need to rest, and I will but ive still got to do the normal stuff with Roxy you know - bleeding has lessened but pain still there - trying to be optimistic but hard to do so.

Have a good weekend everyone =)

xxxxx

STMW, it is very common for bleeding to occur around 6 weeks when your next period would have been due. I am keeping you in my thoughts hun. Xx
Keep positive and get some rest ( as much as you can with an active toddler!)

Stmw just to echo what the others have said, it's very common to bleed at 6 weeks. Lots of people on the June bugs thread and right at the beginning of September stars bled right around then but everything was fine. Everything crossed for you, don't lose heart xx

Stmw- as the others have said bleeding does happen in some pregnancies mine with Rosie I had 3 quite heavy bleeds at different times in the pregnancy. Don't lose heart.

heya - I went to the docs and had a blood test - HCG is 41,940 and progesterone is above 60?? I dont even know what this means - can anyone help? Have a scan booked for Thursday to see whats going on xxxxxxxxx

HCG is supposed to double every few days in the early weeks, that's all I know. So unless you get a second test that shows a drop or increase in HCG, does that number tell the doctor anything? I imagine there is some scale they use for amounts of HCG per gestational week?
Kind of incredibly unhelpful of the doc to tell you a couple of numbers and then do absolutely nothing to interpret them for you?

stmw - read this:
https://www.whattoexpect.com/pregnancy/ask-heidi/hcg-levels.aspx
Basically, the only way that number is going to tell you anything is in relation to another number. And even then, it is very complicated, as you could be at the normal stage of decline. So perhaps the doc told you nothing because there isn't much to tell from that number yet?
Check out the "normal range" - it's massive. So do not let that number freak you out. There is a huge amount of variation.

thanks for your reply - the doctor didnt tell me - he buggered off home!! It was a nurse who saw we had been waiting forever.

She told me the results, said to come for a scan and I could go - I asked if there were any other doctors and she said they were all in theatre - Im presuming its good but im not sure? xx

My guess is that they would tell you pretty quickly if it's bad news?
I know that the few times in my life I had bad results from any sort of test, I heard right away.
The other side, of course, is that in all fairness, it can be really hard to tell what is going on during first tri, so until they have several test results to analyze, they don't attempt to make any guesses and cause unnecessary anxiety, right?
I think you should stay as positive and relaxed as possible and just try to keep resting and taking it easy. :hugs:

Stmw I hope it's just a random bleed and nothing to worry about ! So horrible to be left in limbo like that there really should be places open at weekends to help people be reassured !
Do your best to rest x

Like Sarah said, all I know is that they look for the number to go up rather than down, maybe try to see your gp on Monday and see if they'll take your bloods again, you should at least have a more accurate idea if what's going on then?

Had sad news yesterday, my grandad passed away yesterday evening , he has been weak and fading for a few weeks, not really eating or drinking. Last time I saw him I felt like he was saying goodbye to me.. Feel awful
For my gran, first night alone in bed for over 60 years, must be horrible.. Plus he has one of the same conditions that my dad has which is scary :(

Louise - sorry to hear about your Grandad :( bless your Gran :( xxxx

Stmw :hugs: i really hope that everything is ok Hun im sure they would have told you if it was bad news. Are you getting a scan tomorrow??

Louise im so sorry about your grandad :( that's so horrible.

Thanks everyone :) he was 82, he had just had to accept a couple of days before that he needed to stay upstairs as he was too weak to get down and my gran couldn't get him down anymore, his last morning wasn't good apparently, he was confused and scared and couldn't breathe (he has COPD-chronic obstruction pulmonary disease I think same as my dad) and noone could calm him down, but after some oxygen and a nebuliser and some muscle relaxants he was calm and peaceful, my dad was there and my gran at the end. It makes me so sad to think of him suffering and scared, I hope he wasn't scared at the end. He is now with his son chris who was killed in a motorbike accident and his daughter kathy who had down syndrome and died at 6 months xx sorry for rambling just need to get it out!

Fishy hope your meeting went ok on Saturday? Let us know when you can xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"