September Stars

I'm the same. Constantly cleaning. I suppose it could be nesting for me? Both Harry and I have been sick too which has made for a crappy week, in many senses of the word!

Aww sorry you've been ill fishy :( the cleaning bug is yet to get me, I have moments of madness where I get on hands and knees and scrub skirting boards etc but I suppose that's my nesting! Also I've started doing a cross stitch for the baby's room which I'm doing whenever I get chance! (not much with Lilia!)

I have to say Lilia is really hard work at the moment, she's full
Of tantrums and constantly saying no to everything :( I think she is also teething as her hands are constantly in her mouth and she's chewing, back molars, I'm hoping that's the main cause of her change in personality!! She's also seeming to
Struggle to go for a poo, they're a bit firm so
I'm wondering if I need to start giving her something to help?

Harry's teething too. One of his top back molars are through FINALLY!! Now it's just a case of waiting for the rest of the pesky blighters. Poor Lilia, it can't be fun :(

Harry's poos are always relatively firm (when he's not sick) and he drinks lots so I've given up worrying. He often makes a right song and dance out of it when he goes though, bless him.

He fell asleep in my arms a while ago and is now sleeping in his bed so he's obviously still not over the bug. He even ask my for breast milk, and once the other day, which he hasn't had now since May so I guess he just wants to be comforted right now. He was fine with cows milk when I gave it to him so there was no fuss. I hate seeing him like this :(

Finally trying to get ready for the baby. I've been washing clothes, car seats etc and trying to sort out the baby room. I've actually been quite enjoying it. Now I'm turning my attention to the hospital bag. aggghhh! I hate the thought of breast pads and panty liners again!

Louise Layla is often constipated with very hard poos I give her a spoonful of lactose from the chemist and it works a treat , she does get very distressed by it !

Fishy sorry you guys have been Ill good luck with the hospital bag

We are coldy and stuck in cos of the rain not an fun combination x

Fishy if there's anything I can help you with the hospital bag then let me know. I don't know if you saw but I've started offering 2 cheaper ones now too if you dont need everything in the deluxe bag x

Sorry not been on as much as usual, been really hectic here and started getting a few orders now so that's good!

X

Thanks gg, I might see if I can get her some, I think she just puts off going as therefore struggles a bit when she does go!

Fishy we're just about ready now, car seat covers washed etc and bedding and clothes all away, hospital bag ready to go in the car! Just want to buy a cat net for the Moses basket as I don't trust the kittens! Our older cat would not go near Lilia or anything of hers, we never worried as she was so timid although obviously didn't let her in the bedroom, but our two younger ones will sleep on anything/anyone and I can just see that they'd get comfy in there if they managed to get in! Not worth the risk especially as they constantly seem to be killing things!!

I'm dreading those first 2/3 weeks after birth, the bleeding, stinging wee's etc!! I remember saying id give birth 100 times over rather than go through that again!

Fishy, sorry to hear you have both been ill, it really tales it out of you when its a sickness bug

JJ has had the occaisional constipation but it goes after a day or two so have never needed to worry. Definitely agree on the teething JJ is constantly with his hands in his mouth and lots of dribbles some days. Cant wait until his big teeth grow through.

Emzy good news that orders have started coming through !

Still no news on the house :-( But it's not looking hopeful. Dad's got an appointment this Friday to find out about his treatment

Do you know what the delay is Jelly? Will be thinking about you and your Dad :hugs:

Thanks Emzy, to be honest I think I have most things it's more a case of finding and packing them. The only things I need to buy are breast pads, sanitary towels, ear plugs, cotton wool and sweets/snacks.

Louise... and the first poo... oooohhhh.. it brings tears to my eyes!

Oh God I remember having to hold back full on crying when trying to use the loo, damn stitches..... and visitors not giving me the privacy I needed to poop vocally!

There is one query left now in relation to a road charge which needs to be taken off the deeds so have to wait for the land registry to agree.... the holdup is that our sellers solicitors decided to not do anything for two months because they didnt know how to take the charge off..... my solicitors as of friday have now been given authority to work on their behalf (what a joke !)

But have to say those first few baby cuddles of them sleeping in your arms makes everything worthwhile

Louise I had no problems second time ;) I had not even a graze and no stinging pee only thing that's bad are the after pains second time around :shock: still can't get over how close you are. I keep getting so broody :dohh: but I CANNOT go down that road again just now.

Rosalie is the same tantrums constantly I can remember this with Tabs and saying that if I'd known how bad she was going to get I wouldn't have had Rosalie at that point :lol:

Having so much fun working in the deli I make cakes for 7 hours twice a week hehe it's so good!! I have also decided to train as a pastry chef in a few years, just really for myself I guess but :)

Yay blob!!

Louise it was so much easier second time for me too, I had another 2nd degree tear but no stingy wee or sore sitting down or anything, I felt fantastic and an hour after she was born I was up having a shower, was fab! I felt the best I had in ages the first few weeks after the birth, after such a rough pregnancy xx

Thanks for the reassurance ladies :) I know I should be thankful but I have to say, I have hated this pregnancy, if you were to ask me right now I would say no more children purely due to the pregnancy! I'm off to the doctors today, tmi sorry but I feel very 'full' down below, almost like bulging and when I had a little look there are white blobs in the entrance to my ladybits, pea sized, I'm really scared about what they could be.. Really hope they're cysts or swollen glands and not a prolapse or something :(

Hope the appointment goes well Louise and its something simple :hugs: I find those with rough pregnancys have easier labours so I'm sure that will be the same for you. When's your next mw appointment?

Blob you are so talented.. you'd make an amazing pastry chef!

I had a c section the first time so I guess if I do have a vaginal birth it will be like your first times :s

Thanks jelly I hope so :) I always heard that a rough pregnancy = easy baby, and Lilia was definitely a chilled out baby! My next midwife appointment is at 39 weeks, eek! I'm a bit out of sync with them but to be honest I'm literally in and out anyway, they seem to be really stretched since my midwife went on maternity leave, I've seen about 4/5 different ladies! Off to look round the birthing centre tomorrow evening, looking forward to that!

Fishy, have you decided on a vbac then? I loved my labour with Lilia, it was long but uncomplicated and I have good memories with it, although would not have pethidine again as it slowed everything down! ThR only reason I had it was because the gas ran out and the batteries on the tens machine ran out at the same time so I had no pain relief at all without realising!

F&C - I so hope you get your vbac. Xx

Louise - I hope that the doctors can help. That sounds painful. Xx

Fc are you free to choose which birth you have ?

Louise I hope it goes ok at the drs x

Jelly happy aniversary x

Blob you are amazing ! A cake shop is opening down the road I wonder what it be like but I thought of you :)

I'm off work today with two poorly snotty girls who have had endless tantrums and strops !

Louise- Hope the appointment goes okay. I agree with the other ladies 2nd labour is much easier and i was up and about straight away i only had a couple of stitches inside no sting wee or anything only bad bit wwas the after pains i felt like i was getting contractions again.

Louise my friend had her son at the birthing unit she said it was excellent and stayed there 4 days! You get massive rooms with double bed and kitchen to use. If I can get my bmi down I will definitely be going to the unit especially as its only couple of miles away!

Fishy - really hope you get your vbac is baby head down now?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->