September Stars

Thanks ladies. Yep I've opted for a vbac if possible. GG, there are guidelines that nearly all hospitals like to adhere to ie the labour needs to be in a labour ward, you have to go in as soon as contractions start or your waters go, they put a canula in immediately and you are hooked up to a monitor from the word go but I have asked to not have all this. I feel it will only start the slippery slope to another c section. I really want the freedom to move around.

It kinda depends though on the size of the baby, particularly his head size and they said that was the main reason I couldn't deliver Harry vaginally. I have a scan on Monday where they are going to try and measure the head.

Jelly, they have no idea where the baby is lying at the moment but tbh I have only had one 'midwife' appointment recently but it was with the Dr and it was a month ago so she wasn't too fussed either way. My next midwife appointment is tomorrow so hopefully I will find out then.. if not I will on Monday at the scan.

Hope all goes well with the midwife today fishy, let us know wont you? I do hope you're able to have a natural birth this time x

Jelly any more news on the house? I so hope it doesn't fall through after everything! Did you have a nice anniversary? How's your dad doing? Xx

AFM.. Full term today! :o

Congrats on being full term Louise!!

The MW appointment went well thanks. He's head down and has a strong heart beat so that's great news. My fundal is measuring 2 weeks behind which she wasn't too worried about (I was very happy about this!) although looking at last month's fundal measurement it's not increased that much so she's happy I have a growth scan on Monday.

Fishy- sounds like Rosie, she was measuring two weeks behind and at growth scan was measuring smaller than expected but then she was 8lb1 born so a great weight.

I've heard the fundal measurement is pretty inaccurate so thanks for confirming FB! I must admit I love being smaller this time. I'm especially loving the lack of swelling.. I was like a hippo last time! Harry was 9lb so if this one is 8lb I would be over the moon!

Fishy with Lilia I got to a measurement of 34 and never got any bigger, hence my growth scan at 39 weeks but they said she was fine there, I find here when they do bother to measure me they just make the measurements fit how many weeks I am iykwim?! They seem to adjust where they measure from to make it work! I hope everything goes well at your scan.. I hadn't realised Harry was such a good weight at birth! Especially as he's fairly diddy now isn't he? About the same as Lilia I imagine? And she was 6lb 11 at birth (despite growth scan saying she was 7lb7 at 39 weeks!

Louise no more news on the house today but our solicitors are still chasing paperwork etc. so fingers crossed we can get exchanged

Dad is OK (ish) still unable to eat any solids and has a consultation friday to confirm his treatment so mentally just trying to get through the next few days. If it wasn't for this being blamed on his COPD it would have been diagnosed ages ago.

OMFG - FULL TERM !!!!! :happydance:

What happened at the doctors, did they say what it was?

Fishy - good news on getting a growth scan, I think fundal measurements have a big accuracy issue and are only used as a guide. Hope all is well

Yes he's pretty dinky now but me and my sisters were all big babies so I guess it runs in the family!

Jelly, hope the next few days go well xxx

Jelly it's so hard the waiting isn't it ! Has a Macmillan nurse visited and given any indication on what the treatment might be ?

Louise how was drs?

Fishy glad your ok x

The waiting and unknown is awful as your mind just works overtime. I just don't want my dad to have to go through this. No Nurse at the moment that I know of but I struggle to get all the info from my family.

On a positive note - My new assistant is such a great help we are ahead of schedule for the first time for month end, I'm now looking for what other work I can pass on........ Bliss !

How does everyone file the toddlers nails, I've been trying for nearly 2 weeks now and JJ wont let me any where near him with a nail file ! Any advice?

Louise is it this weekend you are away?

I just clip them I don't file them :)

Fishy just make sure you stand up for yourself they cannot make you do anything, you don't have to stick to their 'rules' your body and your baby!! If it were me I would just tell them no and be really stern, don't let them scare you into it. Problems after a c-section are rediculously low its bizzare these days they worry about it. But you know your body, it's a case of getting your birth for you and your baby but having enough knowledge yourself to tell whether they are just giving you out of date even false statistics or they are actually worried.

Louise eeek can't believe you are full term!! :wohoo:

Jelly :hugs: :hugs:

I can bake and ok cake and bake things but I'm not especially good, but I would like to be :)

Here's a bump comparison for you ladies x

Attachments

• Bumps 32 weeks.jpg
    Bumps 32 weeks.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 6
Your bumps are quite different arent they fishy! Looking lovely.

Yay for full term Louise!

Oh yes FB the after pains second time around were horrendous, I wasn't expecting it as I didn't have them first time but this time it was like labour pains again, so bad for 3 days!! But other than that I felt fabulous!

Poor Evie hasn't been well at all, had a nasty virus, red raw throat and and was covered in a rash. She wouldn't have any milk or water and was getting dehydrated. She's started taking milk again now though and seems much better x

Aww poor baby , glad she's coming out the other side of it now x

Fishy, lovely bump, you are carrying differently aren't you ! I can't put photos on here, I'll put a bump photo on Facebook later today.

Jelly, to be honest I do lilias nails after a bath while she sits and watches tv and she's not fussed by it at all! I clip them.. I've always had to do it at least once a week as they grow so blooming fast like her hair so think she's just used to it, things like that don't bother her, she'll sit and let me do her hair with no
fuss etc.

We're away this weekend yes but other than that I'm around, let me know when you have any spare time! The birth centre is AMAZING!! Really loved it, it's home from home and I love the fact they have double beds in the bedrooms so
Dads can stay too, and they have the cribs that attach to the side of the bed, lovely kitchen, they lend you kangaroo wraps to carry baby around etc, it looks so perfect, I can't wait to give birth there!! Massive baths in the birthing rooms too and visitors can come (including siblings) any time of day or night!

Thanks for asking about my doctor appointment, so embarrassing! Not what you want to hear when a doctor looks at your most intimate parts then says 'well I've never seen anything like that before!! How unusual!!' cheers doc! Turns out its vaginal cysts (so they think).. Yukky, shouldn't interfere with birth although might pop.. Yuk!! They look like two little eyeballs sitting inside there, it's really so minging!

Jelly also to say I'm thinking of you, hope you get some good answers Friday xx

Louise- Your birthing centre sounds amazing, ours is pretty basic although we were allowed visitors day and night and Ollie could of stayed with us if we had wanted and OH got to stay overnight with me which is all I wanted cos didnt like the thought of been on my own. Hopefully you have a nice quick labour like mine, Emzy and Teeny second time round.

Emzy- Glad Evie is better. Ollie has been poorly the past few days he is suffering badly with a cold and is just getting over it today.

Fishy- Your bump is great. I just clip Ollies nails we have to do it when he is tired as he puts up a fight otherwise.

Sorry i've been a bad thread mate my laptop has been in for repair and i find it impossible to reply on my phone.

Louise i hope your second labour is as fast as mine, Tyler was 36 minutes and Alyssa was 41 minutes! The birthing centre sounds lovely. Tarron had to sleep on a pull out bed which wasn't very comfy so i'm sure wayne will appreciate the double bed! Our hospital sounds similar to your birthing centre and i have to say it made all my labours so much nicer!

None of my kids like having their nails clipped/filed i normally have to do them whilst they are asleep lol.

Alyssa turned 1 just over a week ago i can't believe how fast its gone! We had a joint birthday party for her and Tyler on sunday which was lovely but Alyssa was poorly and she still is now bless her she's doing nothing but sleep and eat and now she's come out in a rash too.
Tyler is 2 today as well he's very excited but is having to wait for his presents because Tarron is at work until 2 and Jayden is at school until 3.15 bless him.

Has anyone started thinking about christmas yet? what are all the stars getting from santa this year?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->