September Stars

Thanks Clare. The weird thing is that he generally hates the bottle. The is only the 2nd time he's ever taken milk from it and the first time with formula. He hasn't taken it since. He's acting so weird. Do you think it could be teething?

Hi All just a general reply,

Fishy, could be teething, i think they take ages and do cause soreness ages b4 they arrive!
Just persist with your choice feeding, babies go through phases of stuff and our babies are just finding their feet, finding their little personalities and realising what is what, like those strange wiggly things are mine and are great to wave, grab and suck!:hugs:

As for health visitors, please don't anyone listen to non constructive advice from them, it is a job not a specalised subject or anything, and as each baby is different they cant possibly know what is best for your baby, you know best and your first instinct should be trusted with anything.
Rosie is a tiny little thing, but i know she is feeding, sleeping and pooing and perfectly contented and will grow at her own pace.:hugs::hugs::hugs:

Got to go, baby on boob xxx

Morning ladies...one arm typing as feeding Kimi!!!

Thanks for all the replies about Kimi's weight! I feel alot better in myself now knowing i'm doing it right!!! I will give the health visitor a ring today and sort out a visit just to keep an eye on Kimi.....and also do my PND check!!

Had another row with my OH last night about his lack of interest in Kimi and how he had spent all weekend doing his motorbike...was meant to have her Sunday night and gave her to my mum at 7.30 coz he was tired...then spent all day yesterday, working on a bike!! He told me at 6 he'd be back in half an hour...half an hour came and went, 7pm came and went, 8pm came and went, 9pm came and went!! He finally came home at 10pm and I finally exploded!!! I told him he was inconsiderate and he was selfish!!! He hadn't seen his daughter for more than 5 minutes in 3 days and that if he wasnt going to pull his weight, then I was better off as a single mum....

He quickly started apologising and said that he was having difficulty adjusting to being a dad and how he didnt realize that I felt that way....

But tbh, i think it was just an act so I didnt kick him out...but time will tell!!!

Sorry for no personals but Kimi is just smiling away at me and there is a very sinister smell so I think she has left me a little present!!

Be back soon ladies

x

Hi all :)
I have been reading and lurking for ages but haven't posted for a long while! Glad to hear all our little september stars are doing well :thumbup: I can't believe how fast it has gone, it only seems two minutes since we were finding out genders etc.!
:hugs: to all ladies having OH and family problems!
On a selfish note, my little Charlie pants is doing great he weighed 14lb 4oz last week at 10 weeks old he is a little chunker! He sleeps from 10-7 each night since we got him into a routine of bath-grobag-bottle :cloud9: Not sure if this is going to get a bit fussed up tonight though as i'm going to be moving him from his basket into his cot in my room!

Got to go my little monster has woken up ! Hope everyone is well :hugs: xxxxxxxxxxxx

It was asher who bought the bag cant remember who asked about it now...oops! x

Dont worry youngmummy i bet he meant ivestigate any underlying health problem xx

James' dry scalp has turned into awful cradle cap now, he also has a weepy ear im going to see if i can get him in to see a doctor thurs when i get him weighed i think :( xx

dentinox is really good for cradle cap. I used it on tyler just once as his was really bad and it sleared it up straight away.

Also oil works on cradle cap too, if you use olive oil or baby oil, put it on the scalp leave it to soften the cradle cap and then wash the hair in baby shampoo, it lifts all the softened cradle cap which you can just wet comb out when you wash, rinse and its gone.
Let it have a really good soak, the longer you leave it the easier it comes away without the hair, the hours i have spent picking at cradle cap, leaving little patches :blush: and then i discovered this little trick and it works brilliantly!:thumbup:

Also oil works on cradle cap too, if you use olive oil or baby oil, put it on the scalp leave it to soften the cradle cap and then wash the hair in baby shampoo, it lifts all the softened cradle cap which you can just wet comb out when you wash, rinse and its gone.
Let it have a really good soak, the longer you leave it the easier it comes away without the hair, the hours i have spent picking at cradle cap, leaving little patches :blush: and then i discovered this little trick and it works brilliantly!:thumbup:

Iv been using baby oil and coming but it just keeps coming back :(

How often is everyone bathing their LO's now?

Agree with btp! Olive oil overnight, wash out with baby shampoo and comb. Gone within 2 times of doing that! I didn't find that dentinox stuff helped hollys x

Just a small thing but Im very proud of holly. Usually I have to cuddle holly to sleep and she has never self settled for a nap or at night, she always crys, but I just put her in her Moses awake at naptime and she went to sleep on her own! I sat next to the basket til she fell asleep. This is good for 2 reasons, one, she went to sleep on her own, two, she finally will sleep in her Moses! Lol good girl holly.

In more annoying news, we went to baby massage this morning and it was cancelled! I go with a girl I met at antenatal classes so she came back to mine for a brew so wasn't an entirely wasted morning!
Xx

I used to bathe holly every night but I stopped because she has developed bad eczema so top and tail every morning and bathe twice a week ish with oilatum bath stuff. I give her a massage with oilatum cream every night in place of her bath x

Lilia had a teeny bit of cradle cap on her eyebrows and between her eyebrows, I rubbed a teeny bit of vaseline on it and left it overnight and when I washed her face the following morning it had all but gone!

Bath her every 3 days now, her hair is so long and thick that it gets greasy otherwise!

Still waiting to hear when DH is off, at the moment he might be flying before the weekend but we don't know yet if hes on that flight. Does my head in not knowing!

Rosalie does this too Fishy :dohh: she screams and goes really really hot and red, think with her she's just really sleepy though? She's not teething and not windy :wacko:

Youngmummy, my OH really struggled to come to terms with being a dad with Tabs. He saw everything as a chore not something to enjoy? He's totally different now, but at the time it was very lonely. I would just wait it out and see how it goes, it came back to get him though as Tabs rarely ever goes to him and always shouts 'mummy' :nope: He really regrets it now and really helps with Rosalie. What he said was 1) we hadnt planned her 2) For some guys becoming a dad doesnt happen until they are born, for us we are mums from the moment we find out...we've had months to realise that. Just depends on whether you want to wait and see :hugs: :hugs:

Agree with btp! Olive oil overnight, wash out with baby shampoo and comb. Gone within 2 times of doing that! I didn't find that dentinox stuff helped hollys x

Just a small thing but Im very proud of holly. Usually I have to cuddle holly to sleep and she has never self settled for a nap or at night, she always crys, but I just put her in her Moses awake at naptime and she went to sleep on her own! I sat next to the basket til she fell asleep. This is good for 2 reasons, one, she went to sleep on her own, two, she finally will sleep in her Moses! Lol good girl holly.

In more annoying news, we went to baby massage this morning and it was cancelled! I go with a girl I met at antenatal classes so she came back to mine for a brew so wasn't an entirely wasted morning!
Xx

Thanks hun & Well Done Holly!

I used to bathe holly every night but I stopped because she has developed bad eczema so top and tail every morning and bathe twice a week ish with oilatum bath stuff. I give her a massage with oilatum cream every night in place of her bath x

Yea i bath James twice a week and top n tail the other nights but think im gonna start washing his hair/scalp everyday! x

Oops i had that reply waiting a while...James has it on his eyebrows and between them too i might try that! thanks...in fact im gonna try lansinoh cos thats what cleared the dry skin around his mouth and on his cheeks from where it had rubbed off me when i was feeding him! x

Hello girlies xx

I have one tired lady after baby massage, she loves it!!!! On the subject of baths we give Hope one every evening, she loves it, I normally do some massage afterwards, then she gets in her grobag and then has her bedtime bottle, its like a little routine, no specific time.
The oil they gave us at massage is brill for dry skin, its organic sunflower oil with vit e, its really nice.

Hey girls

Someone said that on other threads they are doing secret Santa and I wondered if any of you would be interested in doing it? To get a little gift for the babies? Or for the mummies?! If enough people want to do it I don't mind sorting it out? X

Ooooh i think i would :) :wohoo:

Rosalie didnt really care for her massage :nope: all she wants is to be cuddled or fed :cry:

Hey girls

Someone said that on other threads they are doing secret Santa and I wondered if any of you would be interested in doing it? To get a little gift for the babies? Or for the mummies?! If enough people want to do it I don't mind sorting it out? X

Of course :) would be good!!!!!!!!!

Pick me - I love secret santa !! I normally do one on my dog forum but would love to do one for a baby !!! Yay I'm excited already :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->