September Stars

I am up for it!!
On another forum I used to go on we used to send Christmas cards!

Ok so we have a few takers! So shall we set a limit? When we used to do secret santa at work we used to have a limit of £5 or £10. What does everyone think? Bearing in mine that we will need to post it.

I've had a nose at a couple of other threads where they are doing secret santa and everyone interested is sending a PM to one person with something like the following:

Your Name
Address
Baby Girl or boy?
Baby's name
Baby's likes and dislikes
Any special requirements (allergies, etc)

Then that person is putting all the names in a hat and PMs everyone with the details of who they got. Does this sound alright to you? Can you think of anything else? I guess we should have a posting date as well to make sure everyone gets their gift in time? This way the only one that won't be secret will be the person who gets me! lol

x

Sounds good to me Emma, what about we say max of a tenner and to be posted by 10th December?!!

Heya :) once again, ive fallen behind – ill catch up as much as i can whilst typing one handed!!

Jelly – ive bought a travel cot for roxy as she out grew her moses basket – pics are on facebook. She loves it and sleeps through the night in it, as shes not waking herself up banging her head on the sides!!

Louise – sorry to hear about your oh going :( big hugs xxx
Mrsj – happy anniversary!! Sorry things are a bit pants atm for you :( hugs! Its hard but you do need some attention aswell – and you don’t need to be 100% sympathetic all the time as otherwise you would feel sorry for your OH not in love with him IYKWIM? It must be alot of pressure worrying about his op – but like you said you would rather think about it nearer the time. My DH moans about working aswell and i think AHHHHHHHHHH JUST ENJOY YOUR JOB! YOU WANTED IT SO MUCH AND NOW YOU HAVE IT YOU MOAN! Haha but hmmm stressful!

Sisterrose – im broody aswell!! I would have Lexi for a girl or Zack for a boy xx pampers nappies do stink – tut it sucks! Ive got a supply of asda little angels ready for when they’re done – cheaper and don’t smell!

Lilbumpblue – i know someone else has said but dentinox is amazing for cradle cap and its really cheap like £2!! I bath Roxy everynight as she gets very mucky and always has lots of rubbish in her hands as she loves to grab everything! I love bathing her though and it really settles her down and makes her smile, especially when she has her little massage after and can have a little snuggle!

Oooo well only a quick update on me, as i want to grab a coffee before Roxy wakes! Well she has been sleeping through the night now for about a week and half – it must be something to do with the new travel cot – shes so much more comfy! Ummmm shes got that cold again! Ahhhhh so the house stinks of olbas oil! I love it though so its all good. I have been taking her for daily walks to get some fresh air – its not healthy to be stuck in the house all the time! I think shes definitely teething as her cheeks are all rosy and shes dribbling like a nutta, as well as chewing her hands off! Poor baby! Me and the DH are getting on amazingly which is awesome! Hope everyone else is great! xxxxx

Max of a tenner sounds good! Ok so if everyone interested in Secret Santa wants to PM me with the following:

Your Name
Address
Baby Girl or boy?
Baby's name
Baby's likes and dislikes
Any special requirements (allergies, etc)

Say by Sunday? Then I'll put the names in a hat and PM everyone with who they got. Then if we post the gifts by 10th December to make sure everyone gets it before Christmas. Yay! Excited now! I'll put a post on FB for anyone who doesn't come and post on here much in case they want to join in, the more the merrier!

x

Lovely idea Emzy may i join in? obviously who gets me should only buy one thing ,the girls can share . thanks for organising it. ill pm you in a sec.

Louise- i cant imagine what the uncertanty of not knowing if your dh is going must be like , thinking of you x

STMW- well done Roxy for sleeping through the night , clever girl !

We bath the girls every night we do one each it gives us one to one time with each of them and we swap the next night, i love bathtime its one of the highlights of my day!

Secret Santa sounds fun! Will be joining :D Now I'm going to be thinking of something fun to buy that wont be the crappest! :haha:

Ellie has cradle cap too and she also has bad eczema so her skin is really dry! like Emzy said, I Bath her in Oilatum too and rub the cream on her every day or so to help and I bath her every other day.

It's good to hear other new mummies are broody already too!

I've missed loads today!

Loving the idea of the secret santa! Yippee!! Lovely stuff!

Big hugs, Louise, I was wondering today if you'd had any news. xx

Go Holly and her naptime! That's fab Emma. Also I have to say, I am loving your Northern turn of phrase with your friend coming round for a "brew"! Is that something you've picked up from being up North? My 2 London friends think I'm weird for saying "brew", they say "cuppa" or "tea/coffee"!!

stmw, go Roxy and her sleeping through! So lovely, I bet you feel refreshed! Good to hear you and OH are getting on.

I was going to ask about Cradle cap. Sam has it in his eyebrows and in his hairline right at the front of his head. Might pop into boots tomorrow and get some dentinox to try. I've been using olive oil on it but not really seeing any improvement. It's looking worse if anything. The dry skin on his face has responded well to the e45 junior.

I do bathing with Sam every night. Only for routine really. He settles nicely under his mobile in the big cot whilst the bath runs, then enjoys his bath and a mini massage. It just seems to give him the cues he needs to get ready for bed.

I am really struggling with the bottle/dummy thing. He is still not taking a dummy, and although I am expressing and trying on a daily basis, he won't take my milk from a bottle. I even bought a carton of ready made formula from the supermarket today in case I decided to try and see if he'll take milk which isn't mine from a bottle instead. The problem is that he is just such a good boob man. He seems to have no clue how to suck on a teat. The second I let him feed, he seems so happy. Even though he's having some difficult times during the day with his feeding, once it's evening, he loves it. And I am not about to make him fall out of love with his boob. It's too short a time span in his life where he'll feed, and I don't want to break it. So I am now thinking I'll wait and then try him with a sippy cup when he's a little bigger.

I'm rambling now! Sorry!! Emzy, I'll PM you about secret santa. Thanks for sorting it. If you need any help, let me know, I'd be happy to be your assistant! xx

Emzy, will PM you in a bit!!

Stmw, glad Roxy is settling so well!!! What travel cot did you go far? Is it a graco one??

Asher, a lady I met at baby massage has a little girl who is 8 months and she wont take a bottle or dummie, she is finding it really hard!! Her little girl only weighs 2lbs more than Hope!! Must be really hard for you xx

Genies, hope all is well with you xxx Loving the bumbo pics on fb xx

Hope is fast alseep in bed!! Just a piece of the chocolate and banana cake I made yesterday, it was scrummy!!! Gonna make another one with white chocolate chips in!! I feel really tired tonight, think its the weather and the fact I have walked about 6 miles today lol!!

ha ha yes Asher, I've picked that up since living here! I used to say cuppa but no one here understands me so now I say brew! lol Everyone down south laughs at me when I say it, or when I speak in general actually, they say I sound like I'm off corrie!! Everyone here still thinks I sound southern though, I bet you would! I've lived here for 9 years now so I think that counts as an honorary northerner lol x

Everyone keeps on about hitting the magic 12 week point!!!! What is that all about??!!

Thanks Becs. xx Your cake sounds lovely!!! I need to get back to baking. And knitting in fact!!

Emzy, at some point we really do need to meet up!! We are too close not to! Hmmm, will have a think where we could meet. You're a public transport lady aren't you? x

My neighbour was on about saying that whne they hit 12 weeks they are meant to be more in a routine and sleeping better!! I think its a load of crap!!

Oh and I am so sick of christmas ads already!!

I dunno becs! Is it to do with colic? It's meant to disappear at 12 weeks. Went 11 weeks here!

Asher that would be great. Yep I'm public transport, can get to most places on bus/train/tram! Can easily get into town or trafford centre or anywhere really!

well that's a load of bobbins becs lol (another northern word for you there ha ha! I'd never even heard the word bobbins when I lived down south!)

I wonder hw many ladies will be up the duff this time next year?!!! Wonder if anyone will be having a September Star 2011 or 2012??!!!

Ha Emzy! Bobbins! Yeah, my Dad uses that a lot!

I think babies change when they're ready to, and just when you think they've had a good few days and you think something might be permanent, they change it! Like to keep us mums on our toes!

Emzy I will have a think then when we could meet up. It might have to wait until the next school hols. I am so tied with school and nursery runs, and only get 2 and a half hours at most between drop offs/pick ups. So I might try and talk my mum or DH's mum into having the big boys so we can meet up at TC one day? Hmmm, plant that seed and we'll see if we can sort something. x

yay ill join secret santa, will pm after this, fantastic idea !!!

i bath paige every other day but dip her in the sink to wash her bum every morning.

12 weeks is suppose to be when babies have produced enough of this chemical (starts producing it at 6 weeks) to help their body know when its night time sleep so should make them last through the night, at 6 months their stomach can hold enough milk to last for 10-11 hours. Is this the magic 12 weeks you mean? may be somthing else but i read about this sleep and 12 weeks the other day....

How long did everyone bleed after having thier LO ? im still getting brown discharge even after 6 weeks and im sure its starting to get more of a red colour... cant be my period as im breast feeding or can it?

also who else suffered from piles? i think mine are back but im also getting lower back pain not sure if its the piles or this fresh bleeding.... Im falling apart, i even feel old when i get up from the sofa or walk up the stairs...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->