September Stars

If you haven't tried the magic trick for congestion yet, here it is:
slather soles of feet with a mentholated rub like Vick's, cover with a pair of socks - presto! Enjoy comfortable breathing again.
It really works on toddlers and pregnant women! :)

Ahhhw fishy you poor thing :hugs: hope you get over it really really fast and poor little man :( hope he gets better too I saw the photo :(

Jelly :hugs: first tri is so hard. :(

Aww fishy hope everyone is better soon! I got a rotten cold just before having Evie as well. The day I felt better, I went into labour! Thank god it had gone, can't imagine giving birth with a streaming cold!

Urghh pregnancy woes, I won't say I miss it! I was not very good at being pregnant both times! Right now, I can't imagine me doing it again. But never say never, as much as I dislike the morning sickness and SPD, I LOVE having a baby!!

Evie is 6 months this week... WHERE THE HECK DID THAT GO??! Nooo, slow down! Matt suggested that we put her in her own room this weekend and I nearly hyperventilated... not a chance!! It's so funny, I feel so differently this time. Holly was in her own room at 5 months and I didn't bat an eyelid really... we did it as we were waking her up when we went to bed and Evie doesn't wake, but still, I can't imagine her going into her own room now! I also sometimes leave her dressed in a babygrow all day as I remember wishing that I would have done that with Holly more when she was too old to wear one ha ha! She's such a different baby to Holly, she's so content and chilled out, you forget she's there sometimes! (that sounds terrible, but you know what I mean ha ha!)

Oh and I got another pram ha ha! I sold the Luna, which I loved, but it was bugging me that it wouldn't parent face and so I wanted to get something that faced me and was a little sturdier for the buggy board, so I got a Silvercross Linear Freeway and I love it!

Anyway, time for bed, labour dust to Fishy, love to everyone else!

xx

How are you finding the buggy board with Holly? I don't know what to do about a pram. Went out at weekend and he slept for couple of hours so want him to be able to do that once no2 is here. Don't want to spend alot though as don't think it would be used that often.

We've got a buggy board but Harry doesn't like it. It also seems to really get in the way. We're going to see how it goes when the baby arrives but I'm not confident. I asked my dh what we should do if it doesn't work and he asked if we really needed a pram! Yes!

It's expensive but I love my pram. The baby jogger city select. It is also a gorgeous single so when Riley no longer needs a pram I can still use it just for Elsie. Xx

Teeny I've been looking at the baby jogger as my friend has one and I really liked it.

Fishy that sounds exactly like something my husband would say lol

id have buggy love too and there is much more choice than 2 years ago too ! i find my maclaren too hard to push now they are so big and heavy amelua barely fits , i got a quinny zapp for solo trips and then found a bargain mamas and papas pipi stroller and had to get it so they both have a single thatsuits there size as the buggys are as different asthey are !

meily is pretty much in 3-4 clothes now so sad :( other than they dont fit round the waist and need tightening but she is so tall ! layla has her pick of the 2-3 stuff as she has just gone i to those i kove the clothes though long may they allow me to pick outfits for them :)

Emzy- I am the same with Rosie Roo I don't want her in her own room yet she is definitely my last baby so I am dragging it out and she is in a baby gro today love to just leave her in one when the weather is rubbish. I am going to wait till January then put her in her own room she will be just over 6 and a half month. I had Ollie in his own room at 4month and was fine but want roo to be a baby longer :haha:

We use a Luna and a buggy board for Ollie, I have never had a double Ollie has loved his buggy board a lot of the time he doesn't even use that and just walks holding my hand.

Lilia loves being in the pushchair, even walking to the shop on camp she moans sometimes if I make her walk!!

Gg I went to buy Lilia some jeans yesterday and toyed with the idea of getting her 2-3 but glad I didn't as I tried her in 18-24 months and they are just huge, they are asda do come up big anyway but they are too big around her waist and need turning up at the bottom so I can't imagine what 2-3 would have been like! She has been poorly and not eating well for a while so I wonder if she's also lost a bit of weight?

Jelly glad you're not feeling too bad, you too fishy, wouldn't wish a bad pregnancy on anyone! How are you feeling today fishy?

Elsie has been in her own room for about 2 months now. She was too big for her Moses basket and so had to go into the nursery. We used to have to creep into bed and she would still wake up!
I say Elsie is in the nursery but last night she woke up 6 times so was actually in our bed. I am so tired. We were up printing until 12.30pm and to then to have baby girl awake all night was a killer!
But I do agree that these babies are growing up way too fast. Elsie is 6 months on Monday. :-( Only 2 yrs until we TTC again! Lol x

Any signs Ann? X
Jelly, it feels like yesterday you were announcing your pregnancy and now you are over a quarter of the way through. I sometimes wish time would slow down a little. X

It's scary how fast the time is going.. Heidi is 4 weeks old today, how did that happen? Poor you, you must be so tired!! Lilia doesn't sleep in our bed, to be honest I've only ever tried a couple of times when she's been poorly, like last week, and I just end up with her laying still for 30 seconds then a little voice saying 'tickle tickle tickle!' and then she's tickling us, that's when I say back to bed!! Haha x

Louise we have the same issue with JJ wanting to play but we turn all lights off and ignore him and he soon gets bored and either asks to go to bed or falls asleep. The night with high temp we put tv on as didn't want him sleeping when he was still so hot.

Louise, Holly can't sleep in our bed either, she can not keep still!!

Jelly the buggy board is working well for us. Holly all of a sudden decided she would NOT go in the pushchair and so we had no choice really! Like Ollie, she mostly walks alongside me and only goes on the board if her legs get tired. It depends on the child, but if he likes to walk, then I wouldn't bother with a double, especially because you drive. I don't drive and the only times I have found myself thinking I could do with a double have been if we have walked a very long way, but even then the buggy board has been fine. They are handy if you are out all day and so they can nap, but to be honest I was finding that Holly wasn't napping any more whilst we were out, she was waiting til we got home then crashing out! When we were down at my mums we used a sinlgle stroller for Holly on a couple of days that we were out all day. The whole time she just kept moaning "want to come out!!!" and it just reminded me of why I don't have a double any more! She also refused to nap, even though it got really late. It was so stressful whenever we had to go anywhere and I had to wrestle her in, then she'd end up out and walking and me pushing a big double. It's very different going out and about now, it takes longer to go anywhere but it's a bit more interesting for her being out of the pushchair so we have less tantrums. I use the littlelife reins as a back up if we are by a main road so she can't dart off! Another reason we don't have a double, is that she doesn't fit in any of them any more! She's too big for all the double's I have had. Most of the pushchairs that are available only go up to 15kg and Holly is above that now :/

Saying all that above, then if I were too do it all again, I would buy a nice single (or use my old one) with a buggy board and buy a cheap, small double as a back up. You don't want to feel trapped like you can't go where you want to go x

I'm still harbouring a cold but it hasn't broken so am still at that icky, sore throat stage. Harry is much happier today although still VERY coldy. His nose and eyes are constantly running and he's got a nasty cough - although the croup has gone thankfully.

I'm ready for the baby now, although he doesn't seem to have the same idea.

Having just written this, Harry's just been sick all over me.. ugghh

My boys are absolute Vikings - big, strapping lads already. I just had to buy 3-year old Simon size 6 snowpants! They are big, but the 5s were actually a snug fit and as he seems to grow several centimetres every night, I went for the 6s. Still can't believe he is that tall. Tobe seems to be hot on his heels, but stockier.
It is snowing like crazy here again. Predicted 15 cm overnight. It's so beautiful. As long as I am not driving in it, I'm happy. Should be excellent skiing, too!
Hope all sick babies get better soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->