September Stars

Nah he doesn't get holidays really :( think we can book off 4 weeks in a year? But need to save them for going away etc.

Ps that last post was so not a boast (I hope it didn't come across like that) :rofl: you all have houses and cars your children fit in :lol: I'm slowly catching up hehe x

Blob... My family does not fit in this horrible pokey little cold draughty army quarter!!! Our last one was gorgeous and huge , this one is awful! Literally our entire floor space in this house is probably not much bigger than our living room at our last house... Can't wait to move for that reason! Although we moved here with one child and leave with 3, work that out lol!! Plus 3 cats, a dog a parakeet and a humongous fish tank don't help! We do however have a 7 seater car so we could live in that!

Louise your army quarter sounds alot like our RAF quarter lol. We have a 3 bed but its not huge. We struggle for space but its our own fault coz of all the animals we have. Plus the animals we have are some of the biggest of their species lol. But we also have a 7 seater car haha!

Blob hope robin manages to come home at a suitable time soon.

We have a big decision to make. For the last few years we have been trying to pay off debt so we can afford to buy our own house before Tarron leaves the RAF. He has 2 years 10 months left and we are on track for being debt free in 2 years. Which is great!
However the other day Tarron found out he is line for promotion during this year which is also fantastic news! However because we are planning to buy our own house we are hoping that we can stay at coningsby because where we want to settle is only 38 miles away which would mean he can commute until he leaves.
Currently there are no spaces for him where we are which would mean he would most likely be posted to leuchars but this camp is closing so we would have to move to leuchars and when they close move to lossiemouth the following year. this is 500 miles away from where we want to settle.
Another option is for Tarron to put in for a posting to cosford which is still about 3-4 hours away from where we want to settle but if he does that we will definitely have to go there rather than waiting and hoping he gets to stay here but then risking the chance we may end up in scotland.
He put in today that he's willing to go to TTF (another section where we are) in coningsby so hopefully that will help but other than that we are completely stuck on what to do lol.
Military life is crap sometimes!

Boony soUnds like a logistical nightmare ! I would hate moving to different areas do often or not knowing where I will be next.

It is i just cant decide what would be fore the best. especially with Jayden being at school aswell.
We even considered retaining the quarter we are in and tarron just coming home at weekends but i dont think they'll let us because of the housing shortage in lincolnshire and i dont think the kids would like that either.
We've set this house up the way we like it for the dog as well she has half the garden and the kids have half the garden split up with a dog pen attached to the utility room and if we move we might not have that luxury either. I'm sick of thinking about it and trying to work out whats best lol.

I dont normally mind the moving so much its a good chance to have a clear out. We dont normally get much of choice though and now that we do i dont know which option to take lol.

Oh boony we are having similar worries at the moment! We want out next posting to be long enough for Alex to see through secondary school so need somewhere with cross posting options but he's also in line for promotion this year so we have to wait till April, we need to be moving June ish so Alex can meet children he'll be going up to secondary school with because I think it's scary enough without knowing noone! But after he had a chat with his rcmo today it's looking like wimbish which is near Braintree, Essex want him, he will have cross posting options, nice Area, closer to where we want to settle, nice houses.... But his bloody ex is there!!!!!!!

Louise - Its driving me crazy lol. School isnt a massive issue for us Jayden is only in reception so its not too bad but if we get leuchars it means hes going to have 3 schools in 2 years!
Tarron is going to speak to his bosses to see if they'll fight for him to stay there (hes the only one there that knows what hes doing) and if they want him they'll have to sort their staffing issues out! and if not then he's going to put in to move to a different section at this camp that needs a corporal.
I dont envy you having to sort out a school for Alex too though my friend is going through the same at the minute she wanted cyprus before her eldest started secondary school and he starts in september.

I have to take my hat off to you ladies. I'm such a home-bod, I really couldn't imagine moving away, let alone doing it regularly with children in tow.

Not sure what to suggest Boony, but your dh speaking to them sounds like a good idea.

Louise, I hope you don't go to Essex ;)

Yay blob, fingers crossed honey. I don't know why but I knew you were trying, did you hint at some point ? We had to buy a new car a few weeks back but alas no new house for us..x

I feel this house is getting smaller and smaller by the day !!! We can't afford to buy our own place and as its a housing ass house we could swap or bid, but no houses come up to bid and no one in the area wants to swap a 3/4 bed for a 2 bed. I'm hoping with this bedroom tax some people may want to swap. I don't agree with moving old people out of their houses but there are loads of people living in houses they don't need the extra bedrooms, if they don't move everyone else is going to be over crowded.

X

I'm only in a two bedroom house and I would desperately love a third bedroom. I rent privately now but if the council were to house me then they say that Olivia and Noah would have to share a room until they were 12 !!!!

I have to say though Kara I kind of disagree about the old people in their homes. A 3bed house is for a family not single people. On my sisters road there are approx 100 houses. Hers is owned as are about 10/15 others but the rest are all filled with old people mostly living alone. That's a lot of families that could be rehomed. I do understand how hard it must be to leave your home but surely they must want other families to enjoy what they had ?? Might just be me.... I've got approx another 8 tears before the council will offer me a home !!!

Louise you dangled a Guildford carrot and then said Essex :( I was very excited for a moment ! Come here Guildford is good lots of fabulous schools and aldershot seems very quite these days and has lots of new things in the town !

Blob yay for ttc not so yay for the timings of ov ! Lets just hope you get surprised x

Asher you are Wonder Woman as ever !

Emzy how's business ?

Jelly have you picked names yet ?

Laura I agree that people should move on most of the people who are in larger houses alone are unsafe to be in them anyway !

I'm sorry I haven't been here much I'm just so busy working looking after mum and the terrible two !

They don't let me sleep much they have both recently started trying to get into my bed at night and Layla and her nightmares have meant she wants me to sit with her till she goes to sleep and I find myself doing anything to stop her from waking Amelia up so I have all the bad habits at the moment and I'm feeling a bit unwell and tired because of it moan over .

Love to all those I didn't mention x

Genies you've just made my day!! Wonder Woman ha ha!! Sounds like you're having a super busy time of it. Hope things are going okay with mum. The girls certainly sound as thought they're keeping you on your toes. X

Sorry not been around much this week. Work has been chaos and I feel like crap! I am so tired. Bed very soon tonight, I am sooooo exhausted! Love to all. Xx

No names picked out yet. Hoping to go our for lunch tomorrow after our scan and have a decent name chat - its what we did last time. Getting nervous for tomorrow now!

GG how is your mum?

Me too I'm in awe of you ladies, I've lived around here nearly all my life and I only plan on living 30 mins away max ever :blush: i would love to live in the borders SO much but it's way too handy being near family :lol:

Gosh Boony I have no idea :wacko:

Louise that is also so tough eek I imagine it would be such a chore and pain in the ass being near the ex.

Thank you everyone :hugs: :hugs: I think I had a few hints dropped :rofl: but I needed to get it out that it's kind of upsetting not getting a chance. Although its nice as now a friend of mine is going to be trying soon too so I'm exited :)

Genies I think my two are more like twins than elder and younger, literally they tag team to the extreme I've never seen children wind each other and bounce of each other so much and be in their own little world. So all I can say is...I bow at your feet - how do you do it :rofl:

Jelly, good luck for today! Hope it goes well. Xx

Hugs blob, it's cruel that DH is away at the exact time he needs to be at home. So frustrating. Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->