September Stars

Oh dear u early with a poorly JJ :-( had a high temp all day but it's risen again tonight, so currently the 3 of us are laying in bed over the duvet watching in the night garden..... Think it's going to be a long night :-(

Aw poorly little JJ. And you too. Last thing you need at the moment!

Good luck with the house Blob!

I'm about to get up, just had a nice cup of decaf coffee in bed. Got to go to church then school at 10 this morning with Archie, the blooming perils of a catholic school. It's his communion year, so they (and we) have to do all these lessons. Not fun at all. And I wanted to do the swim thing this morning and then go for a sainsburys breakfast, so that's my plans scuppered. Special K and toast before church instead. :(

Hope everyone's okay and you have a nice sunday. Xx

Still not well had temp of around 39 all day either sleeping or crying :-(

Managed to get him to take ibuprofen before bed so hopefully he'll sleep better.

Poor JJ, hope he's better soon :(

Good luck blob!

Just stopping by quickly, got my friends little girl this morning. She's just a little younger than Holly and she's a little star, no trouble at all. Still, got my hands full with the three of them, so just enjoying a quiet brew whilst they're playing "Thomas the train" and Evie is asleep. Evie woke up loads last night as she had a blocked nose, so I'm a zombie today.

Oh and I got my holiday pay in the end, but the idiots put me on an emergency tax code so I got taxed through the nose (when I wasn't due to pay any tax at all because all I've had is SMP all year and should have been on a cumulative tax code). If the bloody tax office can't get it right, what hope does anyone else have?! Now I've got to write to them to claim back £200 :/

Glad you got the money back Emzy even if they did mess up the tax code.

Surprisingly JJ had a goodnight after yesterday being so sick, think he's on the mend now :)

Had he's development review today and want to see him 6 months to monitor his weight as height is 50th centile and weight is 98th ....., something's never change!

Omg jelly seriously?!?! How ridiculous! He's obviously a healthy happy little boy! What is the world coming to when a toddler can't be a little chubby! He's bloody perfect, was that at his two year check? Was it greenfields?

Good luck Blob!

Glad you managed to get your money in the end Emzy.

Jelly - It's ridiculous. I'd take it with a pinch of salt if I were you. Then they wonder why young children end up anorexic! the amount of people I know who're basically walking twigs who have come back from the doctors and been told that they need to lose weight is shocking. Glad JJ is feeling better.

Asher - how're you feeling? Just wondering when we'll all get a peek at your first scan? :)

Over the last 6 months I've been doing courses at my local childrens centre and Ellie has either been going in to creche or in to the nursery while I do them.
I started a new course today - mentoring. It was a bit dull but it's only week 1 and I'm happy to be doing something not stuck at home.

Anyway - this afternoon I've never been so scared, thankful and just terrified! OH's grandad takes me and picks us up as I dont drive and it's too far to walk. I'd just picked Ellie up out of the nursery and finished my course. Picture me packed up with a hand bag, nappy bag, a coat, a folder full of work and some paintings ellies done for me in both hands. Ellie ran up to her great grandad and they went out first to the car and i was behind them. Anyway next thing I know he isn't holding her hand and shes RUNNING as fast as she can away down a little ramp outside the center towards the pavement/road, laughing while im shouting for her to stop. I've never been so scared in my life. I dropped all of the bags i was holding and just ran for her as fast as i could and caught her as she was half way in to the road. Im so thankful that nothing was coming :nope:

I just feel like an absoloute failure as a mother and cant stop thinking what if she'd been hit and ended up as another statistic i wouldnt forgive myself. Obviously at 82 her great grandad cant run after her but he should have been holding the bags in that case and it shouldve been me holding her hand, i always make sure im holding her hand! :( I've sat her down twice and told her over and over again that you shouldnt run by the road, not run in to the road, always hold mummies hand. Ive told her before but when she does it she laughs like its a game. I think the reigns are going on her until shes old enough to understand properly now.

Louise - it was his 2 year at the sunshine centre.

SR - you did everything you could, it could of easily happened to any one of us. I hold jjs hand at times and sometimes it slips away from mine. :hugs:

Yes sunshine centre that's what I meant lol, that's where Lilia's was.

SR it can happen to anyone, don't punish yourself, im lucky that we live on camp as the roads are 12mph limit and hardly any cars, but lilia has slipped away from me and decided to be naughty and run on occasion. It's horrible x

SR I can only imagine what you must have felt when you realised what was happening but like Louise and Emma said you really shouldn't punish yourself as these things happen and it sounds like you did everything a good and sensible mother would have done. Xx

Sr glad all was ok it must have been a scary time I hate it when mine run off I'm always worried about cars backing out of drives and not seeing them !

Jelly how silly of them of all the things they could pick up on ! He is obviously so perfect they couldn't find anything so made up a load of rubbish to worry about !

Emzy hope the tax office are quick for you ! Did holly enjoy her day with her friend ?

Girls have just asked to go on a bus today it's my day off with them so not sure what to so yet x

Jelly, my friend found a photo if chance as a toddler and he was chubby. Now he is a little thin thing! It's just puppy fat and they soon shoot up and get lean. Xx
SR, it has happened to us all. Don't beat yourself up. X
Ooh, Genies a bus! Riley has only ever been on one. I might take him on one soon now your mentioned it. X

JJ Loved his christmas shopping then taking him on the bus afterwards

Thanks everyone, it does make me feel better. I think it was just the initial shock and "what if" of it all. Needless to say she got extra cuddles yesterday.

Aw SR I know the feeling, Holly ran into a busy car park whilst I had my hands full with Evie. My heart was in my mouth!! I cursed myself all day at being unable to split myself in two, but these things happen. Hugs xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->