September Stars

Teeny- you have give me an idea I might get Rosie a kitchen for her birthday.

Riley has the garage, we could get Elsie some pink cars. Xx
These babies are growing up way too fast. X

I havent managed to redo my tickers for quite a while.... oops

I have half an hour to laze around and chat on BnB, so thought I would do a quick catch-up with my lovely fellow stars!:)
We just had a lovely visit with my parents for the long weekend, and I have a few days to catch my breath from the nutty schedule of two jobs and family. Lots of fun work projects, lots of professional nature nerd work, lots of very cute, funny little boys keeping me hopping. Life is pretty good. :)
We will be travelling a lot this summer, it looks like. Lots of camping planned and a trip back to Ontario to visit my husband's family.
Tobe is chatting up a storm these days. I can't believe I used to be worried about a speech delay with that boy. He truly never stops chattering away. It can still be quite difficult to understand him, but the sounds seem to improve every week. He sure is in a stubborn little bug phase, though! Holy dinah, can that boy dig his heels in! Simon is such a sweetie pie these days. Still naughty once in awhile, but generally so much fun to be around. I can tell that Tobe is going to have a similar pattern: relatively mellow until about 2.5, then holy terror until about 3.5/4... :dohh:
Anyway, he's all signed up for playschool next September and is currently enjoying weekly gymnastics classes. I am hoping to do some swim lessons with him this summer, too. Potty training-wise... nowhere near it. I don't think he's at all aware of when he needs to go. I am going to learn from Simon's long journey there and not even attempt it until I get much stronger cues from him.
Other than that, he is spending most days in the sandbox or playing with his favourite cars and is usually pretty good company.
Still totally on the fence about baby#3. I was so sure that I wanted another. Now, I really can't make up my mind....

Ahhh lovely to have an update sarahka :). JJ is no where close to potty training either

Had false alarm today had lots of discomfort throughout the day then for over 3 hours had constant tight bump with period pains and backache coming every 5 minutes ...... Getting really painful at times ..... Then they just slowed down. Think it maybe caused by stress with dad being taken into hospital.

Action plan to get house sorted this week incase baby decides to come early as still not prepared alot of things and house has been turned upside down since the weekend

Good to see you Sarah! No, Sam's not ready for the potty either, I'm going to try him again when I'm off in June.

Big hugs jelly, it must be so hard with dad being poorly and taking a turn for the worse like this. It must be hard to think about the lovely baby you have coming with so much stuff happening. Lots of love. Xx

Yuk. Tuesday morning and need to be in the shower really. Blergh. Work. :( x

Thought I'd come share a MIL rant with you ladies. :dohh:

My MIL is lovely, and she just really wants to help but she's very overbearing to the point she rings all the time telling me i should do this or do that or we need to do something and meithers A LOT. She also likes telling us what she thinks we should do with Ellie. Not saying her advice isn't appreciated but its how forcefully she tries to step in and take over that annoys me.
I dont know how many of you saw my FB post the other day about ELlies allergies and rashes but lately MIL has been saying to me that if I don't breast feed this baby coming for as long as I can this baby will have bad allergies too. It's making me feel really guilty about only breastfeeding ellie for a month and it's also making me feel like I won't be able to say no to breastfeeding even if it isn't working for me. Of course, I will try to breastfeed again and if it goes okay that's great but if it's putting pressure on me and something isnt working I will move to bottle like I did Ellie and I dont want people making me feel guilty about it and like a bad mother, especially family :nope:

Anyway this morning we have a text saying "please tell beck that it says on the news lack of iodine in pregnancy can affect a childs intelligence and you get it from eating fish and dairy"

Well thanks! but I honestly think a lot of that is a load of crap I think that intelligence is some genetic and some learnt behaviour and eating an extra cheese or tuna sandwhich isn't going to make a huge difference. I already take all of my pregnancy vitamins and cod liver oil and tbh I think I have a good diet. I had fresh salmon yesterday and it drink milk, and eat dairy. :shrug: it's like im being told what to eat now like I eat junk all of the time.

Also had a text the other week telling us that we need to give Ellie vitamins to stop her from getting rickets. That's great and all and I think she should have vitamins anyway but I don't think she's at danger of developing rickets as I feed her a well balanced diet anyway and I'd imagine it's only kids who're severely malnourished that develop rickets!

Thats it anyway :blush:

The joys of an interfering MIL! I have the opposite where my in-laws hardly ever see the kids (the last time they came was 2 months ago.) It seems that we are at extremes and neither is very nice. �� You keep on doing what you feel is best Hun, I am sure you are doing a sterling job. Xx

Sr - :hugs: ignore MIL she probably doesn't even realise what she's doing. I know in the past when I've spoken up to my mil she didn't realise what she had 'done' was wrong.

Thank you everyone! She had a lovely day :) Need to sort a new ticker now!

SR grr @MIL. Thankfully we no longer have anything to do with mine!

Emzy, look at her new ticker! Scary that its for the countdown for 2! Elsie's birthday is on Sunday, it has gone so quickly. :-(
I didn't realise you didn't see Matts Mum. Did they ever see the girls? Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->