September Stars

Couldn't you use both? You may just think the baby looks like a name if you have a boy... Look at Ange... She is still undecided. Riley wasn't named for 10 days and we knew from 16 weeks he was a boy!
Thinking of you today honey.

I see LadyK jumped the queue! Lol
A huge congratulations to her on the birth of baby Taylor. Xx

Jelly- I am sure a name will come to you when you see him.

Congratulations to Kara on the birth of Taylor.

Congratulations Kara on baby Taylor !!! he's gorgeous xx

Congrats to you too Limpets on William - im feeling rather broody now !! xx

Jelly - thinking of you Hun on all counts xx I hope you can find something you both love soon. I had Ethan, Jacob, Zachary and Kane as my standby names but he was a Noah as soon as I saw him. xx

Asher - Glad your feeling better xx

Hugs and love to everybody else xxxxxxxxxxx
I need some advice from those who have separated from partners with kids but will post that later tonight x

Happy due date Jelly,big hugs today it must be a difficult day for you xx

Congratulatons Angie and Kara!! Will you lot please stop having such gorgeous babies?! You are making me broody!!!

I know both jumped the queue, I knew yesterday kara was in early labour then got a text first thing to say he had arrived - both any and kara are now officially off my Xmas card list lol

So annoyed at dh (yes more to moan about) since being pregnant we have been telling our families baby is due end of June so I font get pestered everyday like I did last time about is baby here yet etc. Well not only due he tell his parents today its our due date but also I'll be induced next weekend I'm so annoyed with him, and he doesn't understand why....I'm not answering the house phone this week and will not be happy if his parents come down as soon as baby is here or worse in anticipation of baby arriving, especially as in the circumstances I've said I just want some family time the 4 of us before seeing family as I know that will be another hard day for me knowing dad should be there.

Anyway all housework officially complete so now all I need to do is knit and crotchet for baby and JJ .

I'm really having to fight the broodyness here!! I think Matt would have another in a heartbeat. I am happy with two and have no idea how I could be pregnant and look after two young kids, as I'm crap at being pregnant. I wouldn't want a bigger age gap really, so think no more for us!!

Jelly that is annoying :(

Aw jelly as if its not already hard enough today, the family thing pops up too! Blooming men. Xxx

Congrats to Kara on the arrival of Taylor! Gorgeous! All these lovely babies!

Hope you're okay Laura. Xx

Ok so me and Ste split start of December - everything is fine between us - were getting on really well (better than we have in years tbh) he is good with giving me money each week and gives me extra if needed, takes me shopping, cut the grass and is in generally helpful. I still have some issues with his parenting (he's very shouty at the kids and cannot cope with the two of them on his own) but he is trying to change....

Anyway I want to know what is reasonable contact do people think ? Because they are so little still he can't take them out in the week. He doesn't finish work until 5.30pm and they go to bed at 7pm. He currently comes round mon, weds and fri when he finishes work until they go to bed. Then on a Saturday he comes round when he finishes at 2.30pm until dinner time at 5pm. Is this reasonable ? He sometimes takes them to the park on Saturday but he struggles taking them out and when he has gone out Olivia always comes home upset so they tend to stay here and play and I go upstairs and clean/put clothes away etc etc. I'm just finding it hard seeing him so much but feel like the 7 hours he is seeing them just isn't enough either !! I know it will change as they get older obviously xxx

Laura, I know I'm not in your situation but can speak from Wayne's point of view with the boys? One word of advice, the best I could give you would be that as quickly as you can (being fair on the children) I think you should make sure contact with their dad is with just him, not in your home... Purely because it sends very confused signals to them. If they are still seeing daddy evenings and weekends after work then what's different than you being together? Wayne used to go and spend the weekend with the boys at their mums house, and although he stayed on the sofa and they weren't together, the boys thought they were. It's hard because they are so little still but the earlier you can get into a routine of him collecting them and taking them either to his house, to the park or just our for dinner the better? I hope I'm not speaking out of turn.

Wayne always saw the boys every other weekend from day 1 x (for the whole weekend but was too far away to just see them for the day or anything like that x)

When Chances dad and I broke up, Chance was 11 months. Again as Louise said contact was away from my home. He used to pick Chance up on Sarurday and have him overnight until Sunday. He has been going to his Dads every weekend from then... That's 9 years. Obviously there were no parenting issues as Kirk was great with him which made the transition very easy. It seems that this may be hard for you as Ste cannot seem to have them in his own. Could he take them to his parents or something so they know that it is exclusively Daddy's time with them?
It must be hard when he struggles, as you obviously worry about the time he spends with then. I do think that separate contact is needed though honey. I hope somehow you can work this out. Xx

May I also add that my friend has recently split up from her husband. The girls (all 3) go to his house for dinner every night which is about 2 hours. He also has them at his on a Saturday. I think most people find this arrangement works better... The children seeing their Dad at a different house. I hope you are okay. Xx

Laura based on my friend who has seperated I agree with Louise and teeny - he needs to have his seperate space with the children even if it is at his parents house. My friend has dad have the children sleepover 1-2 nights a week and then alternate weekends. The issue she has is dh has started dictating more when he sees them ie when it suits him rather than a set pattern so definitely think set days is a better option. :hugs: however it's nice to see that Ste is making more of an effort and it's being very amicable. Could you speak to him about other options?

The problem is he is livingwith his grandparents who I have major issues with and don't want my children in their house. They have never been to their house and I don't want them having any contact with the children.

I'd he takes them out in the car in the evening they fall asleep and then come home and won't go to bed so end up with a late night and then grumpy kids in the morning. I don't think I can't do anything about the evenings at the moment without ruining my own routine. so guess I need to push that he takes them out on the Saturday away from home....

In that case the Saturday sounds like the best idea, or how about Sunday? If he doesnt work he could maybe have them from say 10am until before tea time, then if they were to fall asleep in the car on the way back it wouldn't be so bad for bedtime. You will figure out what works best for you and the kids I'm sure. It must be hard xx

I think the taking out in a Saturday is a good idea. It gives you a much needed break and the kids get some fun with Dad at the same time. It's so hard getting it all in place in the beginning but it does get easier. As Jelly said, definately set up clear visiting days which are kept to. This way the children know when to expect him and so do you. Xx

Good luck for the sweep today Jelly. Xx

Thanks girls - I know it will obviously be easier as they get older and I don't need to be so regimented. He only currently gets Saturday afternoons off as the hours he works are so odd and he works out of town. I'm trying to help build his confidence with taking them both on his own - I just the hate knowing that its stressful
And not fun :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->