September Stars

Oh no Jelly. Thats so frustrating :nope: hoping that it is building up to the real thing now if they're getting more intense each episode

Sp frustrating Jelly, sounds like your body is getting ready to go and these false alarms are preparing your body, I think you are going to have a quick labour when it does happen.

FB - that's what worries me :-0 until I'm in hospital then it's fine and can be quick as it wants to be

Oh Jelly it's so frustrating :( That's what kept happening to me with Evie, Matt came home from work once and several times we thought it was the real deal and it stopped, it's sooo frustrating! Hope it happens for you soon xx

Emzy when did this start happening compared to Evie being born ?

I had two weeks of pains before the real deal. The really intense pains were for about 3/4 days before she was born. The day I had her, I had no pains at all for the first time in 2 weeks! I had given up thinking she was going to arrive any time soon but then I literally felt her drop down into my pelvis, which was a bizarre feeling and my waters broke 5 minutes later, then mega contractions half an hour after that, 1.5-2 mins apart from the off x

Oh jelly how frustrating! I was having contractions all night the night before Heidi was born, went to the birthing centre and was still 2cm ( same as my sweep) felt totally deflated, they disappeared and I spent the morning crying in frustration, then had a bath in the afternoon, they started up again and it was different like my body meant business! Got to birthing centre at 6.30 she was born 7.45 pm x

I think baby will be a very quick delivery Jelly. I had no pain until about 2 1\2 hrs before Elsie was born. They were every 2 mins from the start, but I didn't think it was labour as they were not that painful. I only called the midwife as my DH was worried. The 1st midwife was here less than an hour and the 2nd midwife appeared as I was pushing her out!

Sounds like your body has done lots of hard work already. I reckon baby will just pop out! Xx

Well as long as I get time to get childcare for James and get to the hospital with little bit of time to spare ill be happy.

Jelly - thinking of you!
Here an induction usually starts with a gel or slow-release capsule applied to the cervix, as for a lot of women, that's all it takes. If you go straight for the IV-delivered drugs, then that will reduce mobility.
It sounds like you are SO close - do you have the option I described? You must. (Wish I could remember the proper names of the drugs, but I can't - brain regularly empties all non-essentials these days!)
And all of the labour you are experiencing right now is totally doing something. I bet you this is one fast delivery when baby does decide to come out!:hugs:

They have said because my cervix is already 2-3cm very soft and I've effaced by 70% I won't need the pessary drugs to get started they will just break my waters and give me two hours to naturally start contracting then put on a drip if it doesn't happen on its own.

Jelly, they didn't even give me 2 hours. They started the drip straight away after breaking my waters. :-( I was surprised.
I really don't think you will get to induction. Xx

Jelly I was told something interesting, that with first labours you dilate first and effacing usually comes during the later half of dilating or afterwards... With subsequent babies you efface before you dilate which is why it sometimes seems like you're not getting any further, but then when you are fully effaced the dilating happens pretty quickly! I hope you are pushing right now!

Lol Louise sorry to dissapoint but no pushing yet. Today's been pretty quiet on the contraction front. Just spent most of my day sitting infront of a big fan on my exercise ball watching tv and crocheting . Hopefully tomorrow after the sweep something will kick off :)

Fingers crossed for sweep doing some magic today jelly! X

Best of luck with the sweep today Jelly! Hoping baby makes an appearance over the weekend.

On Wednesday morning I noticed a small red round rash on my upper abdomen, it occurred to me a little while later it might be ring worm, so I looked it up. Went to the doctors today and it is ringworm. I am distraught! Apparently none of the anti fungal creams are proven safe to use in pregnancy so they don't want to give me anything to treat it unless it spreads or gets any worse. So far it isn't itchy, hasn't seemed to spread and isn't causing any problems so im just praying it stays like that and goes away. Now I've got the job of making sure it doesn't spread to OH or Ellie by doing a million loads of washing a day, the bed covers a day, making sure I wash my clothes and towels as soon as I'm done with them without letting them touch anything else :dohh: I haven't been touching it or anything since it doesn't itch and I've just stayed away from the area.

Been reading today about natural remedies and found people saying apple cider vinegar is good to get rid of it naturally only it's unpasteurized. Obviously I won't be drinking it but is it safe to use unpasteurized products on the skin while pregnant, would it be absorbed and get to baby? I'm about to go buy a huge bottle of bloody malt vinegar and bathe in it for the next 24 hours im so annoyed! whyyy meeee!!!! and why now. If I wasnt pregnant I'd be smothering myself up to the eyeballs in the anti fungal creams :cry:

I think I must have gotten it from the hospital when I took Ellie on Monday since it appeared a few days after. Really annoyed as if I'm not paranoid enough about catching things from hospitals. I spent about 10mins washing my hands after the toilet and using the hygiene soaps on the walls :/

Oh no how awful :( my sister in law caught ringworm from some cats she was stroking when on holiday a couple of weeks ago. If its any consolation I caught worms from my stepson when I was pregnant with Lilia, it was horrible and I panicked so much but all was fine in the end.

Hope the sweep went well jelly xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"