September Stars

Yay!!! Congrats, Jelly! :happydance: :pink:

Crazy times here in Calgary. We've had a massive flood that displaced 75,000 people and did huge damage to our city core, as well as many riverside neighbourhoods. We live close to the river (about 12 blocks north of it), but well up on the embankment, so no damage at all to our house. The Zoo and most of our City Parks were hit hard, so I have no idea when I will be back to work.
There are lots of pictures in the article if you are interested in seeing Mother Nature at her most pissed off:
https://www.cbc.ca/news/interactives/before-after/alberta-floods/
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calg...ry-flooding-downtown-water-nenshi-status.html

Just looked at some of the pictures Sarah. How awful. :-(
I am glad to hear that your home remains safe, but I am sure you know of friends and family not so lucky. I hope that you are okay and that the animals at the zoo are okay too. Thinking of you. Xx

Congrats Jelly! Beautiful name, how wonderful a little lady to join the Jellicoe clan! Xx

Wow Sarah that's some scary stuff. Glad you're all okay, but how sad for the zoo. Xx

Oh my goodness Sarah, it looks awful! Thoughts go out to all those in your town that have been badly effected. So glad that your house is ok. xx

Big hugs Sarah, hope everything is up and running again soon, glad you are all ok though x

Oh no Sarah, those pictures look awful :nope: hoping that you're all okay!

Thanks you. I am feeling a bit stunned by it. The Zoo has quite a bit of damage to buildings, but all of the animals are okay. We lost two tanks of fish as power went out for extended periods and the aquariums weren't working. And one peacock wandering grounds did not make it. Otherwise, everyone was safely relocated to higher grounds.

Wow Sarah :( I really hope you keep safe lovely :hugs: looks really scary, glad most of the animals are ok.

What a busy couple of days...in and out of the house with school runs, sports day, injections for Elsie, doctors for me to name a few errands! The joys of being a mum eh?! Xx

How are all the mummies and new babies getting on? Xx

Sarah that's awful :hugs:

Teeny - I'm shattered haven't slept much last two days but happy to say I'm doing really well at the breastfeeding :)

So pleased the BF is going well for you Jelly. I can't wait to see some more photos. x

Oh Jelly, that's great about the BF. did you BF JJ?
I bet your little princess is worth no sleep though, she is gorgeous! :) xx

I really struggled to feed JJ where hospital told me to give up as had little supply and struggled continuously with latch etc. it's amazing the difference. I had a little melt down late last night as Flo was continuously crying and I was feeding from 6pm to 5am - luckily limpets and lady K were both on hand to talk through the feeding issues etc

https://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h377/EmmeraldJelly/E3AFE300-648C-4BC4-8C69-13434E252B60-4701-000006E667923FE4.jpg

Those first few days before your milk comes in are hard Jelly. Florence was a big girl too so I guess her demands for feeding are even greater. I'm glad to hear you had the support of Ange and Kara honey. I am sure she will settle into a routine once she is being filled with proper breast milk and you'll both be happier.
All I can say from experience is that it does get easier. Keep on at it as it is so rewarding. Xx

Love the picture. Xx

I agree, so pleased that Ange and Kara were able to help. She's flippen gorgeous btw! x

Peer support helped me so much when BFing, really spurs you on and helps you to get through it. Enjoy it! Lots of love to you all and the gorgeous Flo. Xx

I could never have bf tabs without lots and lots of support, it's hard to begin with until you both get it and nipples harden up :( but worth it for sure. She is a gorgeous girly well done you for growing such a beauty x

She really is so gorgeous Emma! I will be round for cuddles when you are settled! Sooo glad to hear the bf is going well.. One thing that I wish had gone differently for me was bfing x

Omg am so excited about our camping trip! X

Me too :):) robin is slightly grumpy about the amount it's going to cost us for me to drive down and where we will find the money from. Will just have to find it from somewhere obviously hahaha exiting!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->