September Stars

I realised its also the same month we have to find enough money to do the 4d scan too :hissy: have to make sure it all works ha ha. We wouldn't bother if we hadn't had one with the girls, we have them in frames so would look really bad if we left this one out?

Good luck blob - hope all goes well.

Had hv come round this morning I spoke about my sleepless nights constant feeding and snoozing etc. I've been told to now aim to feed every 2 1/2 hours so Flo takes bigger feeds rather than her 18feeds a day for mainly 5-10 minutes . In the hope she will start to gain some weight and sleep during the evenings at least for a couple of hours at a time . She's coming back in a week as wants to keep a close eye on me. She was on the 98th percentile at birth and is now down to 75th centime. Apparently it should take a baby 3 weeks to regain their birth weight. I find it strange flonis a pound less than JJ at this age even though she was a pound heavier at birth.

Oh Emma I hadn't realised the feeding was quite that relentless, sounds like she is grazing constantly, must be so hard. I remember having to stretch Heidi out as she was feeding little and often too. I hope you get it sorted. Are you in on Monday next week?

Ive got midwife at 11 up at the children's centre then think we are all going to out for the day..... So in early morning if any good for you ?

Yeah I think when I've been saying sleepless nights people think I'm awake sometimes as even when talking to mw's they just say its normal ..... Hv has contradicted what mw has told us to do but I'm willing to try anything for her to gain weight and sleep a little more

Early should be ok but if you have plans can always make it another day, my only plans are packing and cleaning next week!

Awww Jelly I hope she settles down soon for you :hugs:

Well I will probably be gone for a while now :( no Internet there and still haven't managed to get it all fixed up. Can't even bloody get hold of sky I'm losing the will to live now sitting on the phone for 30mins so far blurghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Thank you all :flower: about to go with the last lot from today...

I can completely understand the constant feeding and sleepless nights Jelly, however it feels like a lifetime ago now. I was always told to feed on demand if BF but it sounds like Flo is being lazy at feeding and therefore little and very often. I am assuming that getting into a feeding routine will help Flo feed better and therefore sleep for longer periods. I really hope you manage to get her feeding for prolonged periods and some very much needed sleep for the both if you.
On the weight front, I wouldn't compare JJ and Flo. Elsie is so much tinier at this age than Riley was and I think it is a girl thing. I think Elsie only weighs about 17/18lb now at nearly 14 months. She did not put weight on quickly, not because she wasn't fed enough but because she is just tall and skinny in her build. Xx

Glad you got things moved into the new house Blob. You have the excitement of your first night in your new house. I hope you get through to sky soon. Xx

Just a quick hello!

Good luck blob!

Jelly, Flo sounds like Evie, she was just like that. Hugs, it's hard work xx

Oh and Jelly, it could be the heat making her feed so often? It was hot when evie was newborn too and I remember the hv telling me that xx

Ah jelly sorry I can't tomorrow morning, it's Lilias first sports day at her pre school and that's at 10am for goodness knows how long! I'm free in the afternoon?

Morning ladies. I'm up early again the non sleeper of the house! Not fair!

Blob hope you get settled quick and sort that Sky out!! X

Jelly, hope Flo and her feeding settle for you soon. It's so hard at the beginning before you can get settled into a decent pattern. I hope you can find a way to make it work for you. Xx

Right, may as well get up and get showered. Kids just about stirring now. Another busy day ahead! X

Elsie is feeding loads at the minute too. It drives me nuts as she seems to be a constant attachment to me. Moaning and feeding is all she seems to do in this weather! :-( x

Louise - family are coming over today but should be gone by 4ish if any good?

Well Flo had 1oz off expressed last night after a long big feed and managed to sleep for almost 4hrs! Was still up rest of night but it's progress just have to remember to sleep myself next time lol!

4 hrs, that's great! Obviously would have been far better if you had managed that too Jelly. ;-) Does she wake every hour or so at night?

Riley was awful for about 6 months during the night. It was literally every hour/hour and a half. I was told it was because I was a lazy feeder... I got some BF tips off the midwife and feeding for longer improved but his sleep didn't. He is still a pain with sleeping now.

I hope you manage some rest today Jelly. Xx

Jelly can't really do after four! Haha it sounds like I have a packed social calendar but really not the case! Will do next week maybe Tuesday or Wednesday, Alex's sports day Thursday but good for any other day after Lilias preschool x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->