September Stars

Teeny midwife thinks it improves the quality of the milk ie more fat I think. For supply you could take motherlove (expensive but heard good things) or fenugreek and blessed thistle are both meant to aid supply and obviously more time with baby on the breast to stimulate more milk. I'm currently reading a book do if anything else comes up I'll let you know :). Are you trying compressions whilst feeding and ensuring you empty each feed?

Jelly, anyone more time with Elsie on the breast and she would be a permanent fixture! Lol
I might look into the supplements you mentioned. I guess at 14 months I probably won't have a huge supply. Xx

I bet there will be a royal baby boom! It made me broody as well, all the excitement and anticipation! Reminded me of when us lot were in labour, waiting for updates :)

This thread is the best. I am in the same June group as first bean and although they're nice it's not the same as in here. I feel like the people here are more laid back? I dunno what it is. But you're right Asher, it feels like home! 3.5 years now we have been talking!!

Teeny I took fenugreek to increase my supply with Evie, it made my milk green and upset Evie's tummy :( But it did make me produce more.

Thanks ladies, I'm fine really. Just very sore when I move my left leg! I must have landed really awkwardly when I fell, but it was already sore to be fair! What a numpty. DH is laughing at me saying if its a girl we will call the baby Bridget after its mother, Bridget jones. Or, Jane, as in calamity. Or if it's a boy we can name it after a diving footballer. How lovely. ;)

Ha ha I had green milk once when I had mastitis, not a good look!!

I'm not a royalist by any means, but I am nosey. I thought the royals looked very lovely with their little boy, love his name. I said to DH I won't be walking out of hospital with hair and clothes like that, more a crazy mop top and stained joggers!!

Asher- I know she looked amazing when she came out, I on the other hand came out in pyjamas, and massive curly hair as I had no straighteners I looked awful wouldn't dare usually step over the doorstep on my pj's :haha:

Ha ha FB, that will Defo be me! I will try and do it in the dead of night so nobody sees. :)

I think I looked quite glamourous the day after! Lol
I will try and find a pic. I felt great so got up early, did my make up which is a far cry from these days where I look like a hobo most of the time! It helped that I was at home too as I had all my creature comforts to hand. However, I agree that Kate looked radiant and beautiful. They made me broody watching them. Lucky I have a semi-permanent contraception method going on.

Asher, you only have 5 weeks roughly don't you going by your other pregnancies. How time flies.

In other news, one of the loveliest people I have ever met (my friend from uni) text me to tell me she was pregnant yesterday. I am so happy for her as she is a wonderful soul. Too much baby news making my womanly instincts crave another! Not to mention another friend is due in 2 weeks....aarrgghh! Xx

I certainly did NOT look glamorous the day after!! Lol! I was still on crutches, I found it harder to walk after than I did before the birth, I had been up with Heidi all night as she wouldn't stop feeding, I was wearing pyjama bottoms and a baggy t shirt with trainers haha! Oh the glamour!

Claire I don't know if you've said already but are you planning another home birth?

Teeny yep the longest I've gone is 37 weeks, I think it will be between 36-38 this time. Am starting to get quite strong BHs so I know things are gearing up! We get back from hols on the 10th August when I'll be 34 weeks, so will have a couple of weeks to sort out all the school uniform etc, then I can be ready. Am pretty much organised now, just need some more nursing bras and need to wash all the baby's stuff so it's nice and clean.

Louise I never managed the HB last time cos it all happened a bit quick and I ended up going in. I was home within 4 hours of leaving home, so if it could happen the same I'd be happy. My main concern at the moment is that at 28 weeks the baby was transverse and I think it's still in the same position now. MW said they won't be bothered about it until 36 weeks, but I just think this baby is stubborn! After 3 fairly good births I really don't want to have section, mainly for selfish reasons! I don't want to have a few days away from the boys, I want to be back home as soon as possible so they can be as little disrupted as they can be and don't feel pushed out. I know there's not much I can do apart from think positive! Fingers crossed!!

Asher, as far as nursing bras go I don't use them. I buy the basics Asda ones which have no underwire or padding and they pull down really easily. No forgetting to put the clips back on etc. They are white and £4 for 2. Not glamorous but in my opinion, far better than nursing bras which I gave up a long time ago. Xx

Sorry Claire I was convinced you had him at home! I remember the photos of you at home that evening I think?! Must have been because you went home so fast afterwards!

Well our house is now empty of everything except the animals and the cleaning stuff, I have just about finished cleaning all of upstairs, done most of the kitchen so just got to do the walls in the living room and make sure the window/carpet cleaner man does a good job! So so so excited to get up in the morning and drive to the new house!!! Just hope 1) that the cats come in at some point before we leave so we can catch them and pack them into their boxes and 2) we have room for all the animals in the car! You've probably seen that our car has been towed away to be fixed so we have to come back to collect that at some point which is a pain!

Exciting stuff Louise, but a bummer about the car. A new home for your family. I hope all goes to plan tonight and tomorrow. Xx

Thank you x finished cleaning now, just kitchen floor to mop tomorrow morning before we go x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->