September Stars

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh it's moooooooooving daaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy!!!!

Good luck Louise !

After a marathon feeding session last night and this morning with a still hungry baby we've taken the decision to start on formula. I can't keep up with the feeding schedule and JJ , she isn't gaining weight on my milk only and I can't function now when I only get 2 1/2 hrs sleep the whole night. I would of loved to of carried on but it's just not to be so will do the odd feeding session and pumping now to give her ebm until my milk dries up :-(. Hopefully she will be back to birthweight soon now too.

Good Luck with your move today Louise.

Jelly- you are doing what is best for you and Flo, hopefully formula will fill her up and you get more sleep and she gets back up to her weight.

Don't blame you at all jelly. Well done for sticking with it this long, it's been tough for you. Xx

As the saying goes, what is good for mum is good for baby. Well done on the breastfeeding and let's hope little miss Flo gets a full tummy of formula and you can both at some rest. Xx

Happy moving day Louise. Xx

Help me please somebody.... The 2 little ones end up in our bed every night which means little sleep for any of us. I have tried letting Elsie cry in the hope she might settle but it doesn't work. This has only happened the last 2 weeks but it is so draining. How do I get them to sleep through the night again? Xx

We stood outside JJ room a couple of nights and kept putting him back In His bed. Also a reward chart worked well for us.

He does go to bed Jelly, it's about 1am in the morning he sneaks in with us! Might have to try rewards for all night. Xx

Cheeky monkey - y friend has an issue her boy wakes at 5.30 every morning she's tried absolutely everythingvtobtry and settle him to sleep for longer but no joy

I've just been on the phone to my friend who sounds like she is in early labour! She is in denial though! Because its not like the 3 girls labour she refuses to believe it! I am so excited because I just know that she is! Lol xx

Teeny I just saw this on your FB! I don't blame you for being annoyed, I would be too. Least she can do if she's been on your case all day is actually text you to let you know! Grrrrrr. Does she know what she's having?

My big boys are away - in southport on cub/beaver camp. Archie went at 5 yesterday afternoon, and Jack this morning at 9. It's so weird without them! Me, DH and Sam have been out for a drive this afternoon, to a couple of pubs with play areas so Sam got to play and DH got beer. Then we went for a curry, we're all so full! Sat here with Sam watching an old teletubbies DVD, contemplating a very early night!

That photo of Sam on FB was sooo cute! I am so hungry and fancy a curry! Sounds like you had a lovely day. X

She called and text over 8 hrs then nothing. So annoyed really. Xx

Don't blame you at all teeny! I'm annoyed for you, and with these hormones I can be mega mega annoyed for no good reason!

Aw thanks! He cheered up in the end and enjoyed himself. We all came up to bed together. Sam is now in his bed, the only boy in the triple bunk sob sob, and DH is asleep next to me. I'm flagging now and might have to give in! X

Asher if I got the opportunity for an early night I'd jump at the chance enjoy :)

Teeny I'd be annoyed too, only reason not to text was things progressed quickly but if time to post on FB then you know it can't be that :hugs:

I've been feeling rubbish since this afternoon with headache and light headed reminds me when I used to have issues before getting my period so wondering with reducing my expressing milk if my hormones are having abit of a shift around? Last night I had some moments of beautiful sleep 2+ hours...... Didn't quite feel refreshed though. I'm off to bed soon and feed in bed later I think :)

Oh and the best news JJ did his first poop in the potty tonight !!!! He was pleased with himself because he said it looked like a crocodile :-0. Was surprised as he's only done one pee last week so happy :)

Yay jelly. Go JJ! Sam's doing great with the wee but still hit and miss with the poo. Most days it comes so quick for him it just goes in his undies. Lovely.

Feeling more "refreshed" ish after a fairly decent sleep. Sam's still asleep bless him. DH has been downstairs and made us a coffee. Chill out today, going to do some crochet and go for a swim, stretch the old back out.

First day formula feeding update..... Completly different baby this past 24hrs sleeping more, smiling and able to calm easier when holding.

Last night up every 4 hrs and she took between 1.5-3 oz per feed.

Been pumping after every feed a d expressed like fit like the amount she's taken from bottle. *Ironically tonight since going to bed I've breastfed and she's still keeping a longer feeding pattern (just been asleep for 4 hrs after previous bf), also had a bottle of ebm in the day too ...... So I'm now thinking maybe it will be possible to have a more contented baby and still be able breastfeed at certain times in day - this would be perfect.

Not getting my hopes up but think after a night of 3+ hr sleep slots it's done great for me to recharge my batteries. *Ironically DH thought it was the worse night last night because he got woken for each feed whereas when bf he sleeps through the lot about time he realises what I've been doing for the past month .

Anyway long text but a positive one to start the day :)

Great news Jelly. Combination feeding sounds like it might be the perfect solution for you. The bit about your DH made me laugh! Xx

I am thinking about giving up BF. It is really sad but Elsie is so demanding. Selfish as it sounds, I would also like my body back. I feel like a cow most of the time! She has had a few bottles in the past 2 weeks and likes bottled milk so I don't think it would be too difficult. I just don't know what to do! Xx

Are you using breast-flow bottles Jelly? I use them and apparently they are the closest bottle to simulate the breast. Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->