September Stars

Reading and lurking... will post later when I get these kids to do something other than stand screaming in my face!!! :)

x

I think this heat has caused my kids to become little cows! Screaming in my face and just being nightmares!!

BUT

Kimi is sooo excited about her holiday. She says she loves all her friends!!!:flower:

xx

Haven't hearts of breast flow bottles? I tried the medela calma rubbish and now using Avent natural only thing is want more size 1 years teats only come with the bottles and they don't fit into my microwave steriliser so considering buying another one. Above pumped before and found manual brings on more than electric pump?

Hey peeps! Sorry for being AWOL. Kept meaning to read all that I missed but just found it getting longer and longer. Whoops.

Jelly, it sounds like you made a really positive step forward with the feeding. I am sure you will both be much happier for it. Are you coming to Louise's at all? I have something for you but keep forgetting to send it.

You lot, stop being broody! I'm still not keen on having another but if you keep talking about it you never know.. so stop! :) xx

Haha Fishy that made me giggle! Babies, babies, babies! They're everywhere.

I am beginning to get the collywobbles about birthing. I know it's got to happen but I'm not looking forward to the amount of pain I know is heading my way! What a wuss! This baby needs to turn turn turn!!

Asher just think of your great water birth last time ;-). You can do it !

Fishy - I'm not going to Louise's I'm afraid , too much with Flo being so young

Teeny maybe I'll love it this time too! Fingers crossed! X

Morning ladies, can't sleep yet again so here I am catching up. It's my last day in work today and it feels really odd. I know there's something going on as they've all been really cagey about not bringing lunch in, doing what I'm told.....ha ha. It's the first time in all these pregnancies I've actually made my last day in., with Archie I was in hospital about to give birth, and I was off sick with Jack and Sam! I'm having my nails done tonight and then catching up with friends with the boys thurs and fri before we go on our hols in Saturday!

Hope all okay. Might drag myself out of this pit and have a shower soon. Everyone else is still zzzzzzzing!

Hope you've had a nice last day at work Asher! Not long til baby now ;)

I had my consultant appointment and 28 week growth scan today due to the gestational diabetes in last pregnancy and whatever else there was! Haven't had the GTT yet, I go on Monday but I have been having high blood sugar readings over the last few weeks :( I keep getting 8 and over for eating a chicken salad sandwhich at dinner the last week, makes me so sad! Especially since with Ellie I basically cut down my food intake so much to control the GD through diet that I felt physically ill. This time I'm going to eat sensibly and then if I have to move on to tablets to control it better, try that.

Anyway cutting a long story short the same thing happened today as happened with Ellie, growth scan to make sure baby is okay due to the GD but small baby! I don't know whether to worry or not....I mean...I am obviously concerned as the baby is below the 10th percentile, which means the consultants have means to worry and be concerned that I have intrauterine growth restriction and baby isn't growing properly. She is estimated 2lb on the dot today at 28 weeks so a bit smaller than Ellie, I think at this stage. Ellie was born at 6lb 2oz at 38+4 which isnt all that small really! I just hope this baby goes along the same lines as Ellie and is small, but shows frequent growth every two weeks that's sufficient enough to say they'll leave her in there until 38 weeks otherwise last time they explained they'd have to take her out as soon as possible if she's not showing proper growth :( slow and steady wins the race I guess! so 10 weeks until 38 weeks and most likely my induction, hoping baby stays happy and safe and continues to grow in there until then.

I am trying my best not to google, as I don't want to scare myself. And since I had similar with Ellie and she was born okay I'm trying to remember that but I'm pretty sure the term "intrauterine growth restriction" wasn't thrown around with Ellie and I'm sure she was just a bit bigger!

Hiya ladies, well my last day is over! It was weird and I still feel weird! But it was lovely, they had ordered in and planned a buffet for me, and presented me with a lovely card and £90!!! So I can treat myself! And I will! I'm off now until late sept 2014! I know that time will fly and I really need to enjoy it now.

SR, aw things are never straightforward are they? At least you're being closely monitored. I'm sure baby will be just fine and perfect, if a little small. :) xx

Asher happy maternity!!! Glad you had a lovely last day.

SR, sorry about the high blood sugar levels. FX it's not GD but you know how perfect Ellie turned out so although it will be a slog, little Georgia will be equally gorgeous and healthy I'm sure. Will be thinking of you on Monday though. xx

Asher- Glad you had a good last day.

SR- Try not to worry or google I had a low lying placenta with Rosie and had bleeding episodes lots during pregnancy and I googled and it just stressed me out even more. I am sure baby will be fine and healthy just relax you are been closely monitored and looked after all will be fine I am sure.

I loved both my labours too.. By far my favourite part of pregnancy, my body is rubbish at the rest of it!!

Asher hope you had a lovely last day xx

SR naughty baby! I'm sure all will be fine, 6lb 2 at 38 weeks isn't a bad weight at all, Lilia was 6lb11 at full term.. Hopefully it's just that you have petite babies xx

The best thing about labour is using 'gas and air'. Omg I'd have a baby as much as possible if I could use gas and air each time,..... Best drug for pain hmmmm

Ha ha! I only tried the gas and air last 20mins with Ellie, but had pethidine about an hour before she was born. To be honest I cant remember much of the gas and air at all, as I was proper out of it by the time Ellie was born. I kept on asking if it was all real and was convinced I was asleep and going to wake up without a baby again. It was quite funny! I made everyone reassure me about twenty times. This time I am soooooo on the gas and air as soon as I possibly can ;)

Thanks everyone. My main concern is that she will show no, or little growth over the next two weeks in which case I'll end up back on the wards having steroids to prepare babies lungs for possible early delivery :-(

I am sure she will be just fine honey. You obviously have little babies. They always tell you worst case so that you can prepare yourself, but more often than not its always better news. Xx

I didn't get time to have any gas and air. The MW bringing it came as I was pushing Elsie out! Lol
I would definately try to have a completely drug free labour again next time too. I didn't even have the placenta injection and therefore Elsie's cord wasn't cut for about 40 mins. :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->