September Stars

BTP my brother also has a phobia of balloons! My mum used to tie them on to the fire guard, telephone and anything else she didn't want him to touch when we were kiddies! Cruel or what! Oh and my DH's family are in Minehead, I'll be driving up in a couple of weeks to visit and I'm also going there for new year, could stop for coffee!
Would be great to meet up for a coffee, just let me know when!!:happydance:xx

BTP- I am also scared of balloons, its them popping i am scared of i hate it even more if kids are playing with them , i ban them from the house but im fine with the foil ones.....

F&C i never knew the Septemeber stars was started by someone else, and OMG what a sad story, thats awful. Did she have any other children ?
I am crap with places too!
I am fine with foil balloons too, i think it is from when i was about 11 and was blowing up a balloon and it popped in my face, since then i hate everything about them, the smell, feel, sound, everything, but i am better than i was, it was at phobic level, i wouldn't go near a balloon, and when people in the street with promotional balloons offer them to the kids i cringe and just hope i can 'loose' it b4 we get into the car!! xx

I remember hearing about African queen, how sad, they say the chances of that happening are so slim but when it happens then happens again is just awful:cry:xx

I joined once I was in 2nd tri as I was superstitious about joining before 12 weeks. DH and i got married last September and on honeymoon I explained that I was unlikely to fall pregnant quickly as id had hormone imbalance when younger and doctors told me I would struggle. I dreaded coming off the pill as I didn't have a period for 18 months when I was younger. 1st feb was the date we set to give up smoking and begin a healthy lifestyle and to start trying. I got my bfp 16th Jan so we got pregnant before actually trying. Can't believe all the years of worry of thinking I may never be able to Concieve (as told by doctors).

BTP - I sometimes work in Somerset in wincanton is that near you?
Its nice to hear ttc stories, glad it was not as hard as you thought!
I have heard of wincanton so it cant be that far from me! (see above i am crap with places!!:haha:)
I am in Shepton Mallet, there is a program on atm based here, the high street one, it is a bit fake really the was signs up saying when they were filming but no one was 'invited' to take part, it seemed to be just the chosen few that knew what the set up was!xx

btp- i hate balloons too, they made us sit on them to pop them in a game at first school and now i get all twitchy around them waiting for the pop!
How bloody cruel is that??! xx

i want some snow tonight!

Ive had screaming babies tonight they dont want to go to sleep, im replacing dummys every 30 seconds!

Genies, there must be something in the air with our babies x We have lots of snow!!

I'm with you on that! Tonight and last night as I've put Lilia down in her moses basket she's been sick, full change, lie her down again and sick again! 2 nights in a row! She's suddenly started being sick on and off for up to 2 hours after a bottle, she's still on infacol and does massive man burps so presume she's being a bit greedy and her stomach is a bit too small for 7ozs yet!

Oooooo September Stars are having a love in today !! :hugs:

For anyone else who loved the show - One Born Every Minute is doing a 4hour live show on Xmas Day (I'll be sky+ it !!)

I think there must be somethin in the air as my usually angelic daughter has been a moody head all day today so im feeling pretty crummy and tired :sleep: Hope everyone gets a good night sleep. x

hia Mummies,
i havent been on here in a while but has any of your little cherubs started waking up during the night?
Alfie was sleeping from 11.30 - 6 but over the last few nights he's been waking anywhere between 2am and 5am..... Ive heard it could be sleep deprevation but.....

Louise has she got a bug? I know there is a horrible one going about up here and tons of other people have got sick babies?

Awww genies :hugs: must be hard with two crying, I can cope ok with just one but when Tabs starts i just want to cry too :dohh:

:shock: Wow Laura so going to be watching that!!

Jayneydee :hugs: My LO wakes all the time in the night, though she was sleeping better a few weeks ago :grr:

I think about Amy too its scary and she is so amazing, i was pregnant with her first time around :nope: I really hope that this baby is going to hold on in there.

With you on the unsettled baby front!! Holly has been unsettled for the last couple of days, think its her teeth as her second is now breaking through. She's cried pretty much all day and hasnt been her usual playful self, been being sick a lot after feeds, full outfit changes here too louse! I'm currently listening to Matt singing oasis songs to her, I can hear them over the monitor lol she's hardly napped all day and is fighting the sleep tonight... think I'm in for a bit of a night!! X

bblob I was starting to wonder if holly had a bug, I've been feeling a bit crappy myself the last couple of days so wouldn't be surprised if she did too x

janeydee looks like our babies were born just 2 days apart and I'm also in Bolton :)

Well we are all being very sentimental today :hugs: a meet would be fab...BLACKPOOL!! Lol ...actually no thats probably not halfway!

Its not the balloons im scared of its the person modelling with them *shivers*!!

Well im happy just won a playskool play n go kickstart baby gym on ebay for £5.99!! yay :happydance:

janeydee...sleep through the night...whats that?? lol x

Hiya Ladies :)

Got my secret santa through...so going shopping for the lucky one soon and pick up my pressie!!!

BTP - I HATE BALLOONS!!! THEY SCARE THE LIVING DAYLIGHTS OUT OF ME!!

LBB - What a bargain!!!!

:hugs: to all the poorly babies and to all the sleep-deprived mummies

Well, spent last night up the hospital with Kimi as noticed around half nine, her ear was bleeding and had a discharge coming from it and my intuition was correct...she has a severe ear infection.... so she is on flucloxacillin and calpol!! My poor little angel :cry:

She has been off her milk for a few days too but the doctor said this was normal so not to worry. Plus she had her jabs today and has been VERY VERY sleepy!!! But again...normal so not to worry.

It seems like it's all happening at once atm with Kimi.

I'm going to see the HV tomorrow and have Kimi weighed just to check on her...although not expecting a big weight gain as she has been poorly...and also have a good chat with her about how im feeling and how im coping.

Its my anniversary on Friday, but we're not doing anything special...just a night in with Kimi and my OH and snuggle up....

Also...I got a very faint BFP on the 10th January....but done a test 2 weeks later and got a strong line... doctor told me i concieved christmas day!!!! :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

Hope we all get some sleep tonight!!!

xx

I have had a nightmare time with paige at the moment, crying non stop for no reason, she just wont settle. She has been dribbling a lot at the moment and putting her hand in her mouth (no teeth coming through), she started crying when i put a bottle in her mouth earlier, and goes off her feed and comes on and off my breasts and starts crying. I have also been getting shooting pains in my boob... i can see white bits in the back of her tongue but it could be just milk... but im starting to think she has thrush, or it could be the reflux as we have ran out of gaviscon.... anyone got experience with baby thrush?

6- 8 week appointment on wed so im trying to hold out till then... but my god its really getting me down......

BTP, me and hubby love that programme, so those people who shop in there are they locals? and there was a clip of a shopping complex which had a giant woolworths... is this near you too? We said it would be great if you could visit something like that, but they dont do any near us... did you go and see the shops?

Laura- i just have to remember to sky + , i always forget, shame it only does 7 days at a time

Young mummy- im so sorry to hear Kimi has had a ear infection poor baby : (

Kara I've got some pain too, in my right breast, on the opposite side to the armpit. When I get my letdown it's awful, really painful, and today I can't pick Sam up and hold him on that side, it's so sore to the touch. I am wondering if it's a blocked duct. I had thrush with Archie, and it was a horrible burning sensation and really sore nipples, he also had nasty white patches in his mouth.

The good news is, he slept from before 8.30 until 2am, then didn't wake again until almost 6.30!! Even then it was Jack who woke him up! I feel so refreshed!

kara i could have written that myself the on & off feeding and crying and also the stabbing pains! Dont know what thats all about!

Well we have had snow again overnight :( and James has his professional photos today but im not looking forward to go out with it! X

oh James was up loads last night too claire, 2am 4am 6am then 730! Yawn x

Morning!!!

LBB, hope the shoot goes well.
Youngmummy, poor little Kimi, hope she gets better soon x

Sounds like our LO's have alot of bugs. We had a good night, Hope woke at 4am then at 8.30am. Got our last baby massage this afternoon. Am having a lazy morning, Hope has fallen asleep in my arms so typing one handed!!! I really must remember to get my prescription, its for the pill, so I better get it!!!

I have had a nightmare time with paige at the moment, crying non stop for no reason, she just wont settle. She has been dribbling a lot at the moment and putting her hand in her mouth (no teeth coming through), she started crying when i put a bottle in her mouth earlier, and goes off her feed and comes on and off my breasts and starts crying. I have also been getting shooting pains in my boob... i can see white bits in the back of her tongue but it could be just milk... but im starting to think she has thrush, or it could be the reflux as we have ran out of gaviscon.... anyone got experience with baby thrush?

6- 8 week appointment on wed so im trying to hold out till then... but my god its really getting me down......

BTP, me and hubby love that programme, so those people who shop in there are they locals? and there was a clip of a shopping complex which had a giant woolworths... is this near you too? We said it would be great if you could visit something like that, but they dont do any near us... did you go and see the shops?

Laura- i just have to remember to sky + , i always forget, shame it only does 7 days at a time

Young mummy- im so sorry to hear Kimi has had a ear infection poor baby : (

I get stabbing pains pretty random, usually when i am full one side or the other, Rosie has been messing about with feeds, she latches on gulps a bit of milk, spits some out then crys.
I think my milk comes out way to fast for her and she is objecting, also she over fills herself too, she sucks for comfort then i hear the milk kick in as it turns to gulping and sucking and she gets cross! Ideal candidate for a dummy but i am holding out on that as my nearly 3yr old loves hers still and unless i take it off her will have the darn thing in!
I am not sure about baby thrush, i think it can either be sore mouth or their bits can get red and sore, just ask the doctor or hv if you are worried.:hugs:

We have got a big tesco, and a laura ashley, and pet store, costa coffee and argos, of course with the shut down woolworths! But that really is it, despite the claims they have bought the town to life the centre is still shockingly empty, for shopping locally to me the best bet is Clarks Village in Street, Somerset, that has an amazing array of shops, m&s, next, gap, la sensa, timberland, bodyshop, monsoon, clarks, crabtree and evelyn, lillywhites, starbucks, halmark, national trust shop, past times, prices candles, united colours of benniton, vodafone, nike, thorntons, oh my the list goes on, and they are all discount stores, it is hit and miss and i find i do best when i just go to look rather than want something spacific, but it certainly is worth a visit, also santa is in the centre of the village atm, he is free and your child gets a present, you just make a small donation, they did this last year and Sophie loved it (my 2yr old)
Late night shopping is Thursdays, and brilliant this time of year for a bit of christmas cheer, we are off there this week if we don't get snowed in, which is not looking likely!

Kara I've got some pain too, in my right breast, on the opposite side to the armpit. When I get my letdown it's awful, really painful, and today I can't pick Sam up and hold him on that side, it's so sore to the touch. I am wondering if it's a blocked duct. I had thrush with Archie, and it was a horrible burning sensation and really sore nipples, he also had nasty white patches in his mouth.

The good news is, he slept from before 8.30 until 2am, then didn't wake again until almost 6.30!! Even then it was Jack who woke him up! I feel so refreshed!
Could be a blocked duct or just an over full one, try to feed on that side to fully drain the boob and see if it still hurts, if it is hot to touch and still painful it could cause mastitis (sp?) so get it checked if it is going on, i have heard cabbage leaves kept in the fridge then tucked in your bra cold help relieve the pain, although not tried it!

YoungMummy, poor baby kimi, that must be awful not being able to say her ear was hurting, well done you for knowing something was wrong, hope she feels better soon!
My balloon phobia was improved by needing to put balloons up for children's party's, although i have a balloon pump, i would never blow it up with my mouth, and i am still phobic but i have to deal with it, it is worse when i am in public places for some reason, and people don't expect you to be frightened of a balloon!
I also hate crowded places, i thought it was enclosed places but i went caving in tiny spaces and managed without a panic, so i realised it was the people round me that bothered me, i go all panicy and have got to the point where things have gone swirly and black, but got out the shop b4 i passed out, i just avoid crowded shops and lifts!

Well my baby is still asleep, lazy little girl has been really sleepy, I think it is the house is warm and she is snug, I put her to sleep about 10 last night, she was up at 5 for a feed for 10 mins and then was straight back to sleep and she is still there now, so her and Daddy are having a fight lie in today!

I have a very full boobie that really needs her to have, and she is a stroppy madam when my boob is full too, she really objects to having a really full one, when all i need is her to relieve the milk backed up!

We have a light dusting of snow but nothing deep, i want deep and snowman building snow, I did enjoy walking the children to school though, it was just fine snowing and really nice, it is warmer than it has been.

Back later, big waves xxx:hugs:

Hey girls
After our unsettled day, we had another great night, 11.30 til 930. Seems to be hollys sleeping time of choice! Whilst I'm loving all the lovely sleep, I'd like her to go to bed earlier and get up earlier as its not ideal if we have to go anywhere in the morning. I tried getting her up early a couple of mornings and putting her to bed earlier but she wasn't having any of it so ill take the 10 hours sleep for now thank you! Lol

Snowed a bit overnight, don't fancy going out today so having a cozy day at home me thinks.

Ladyk holly had thrush at 4 weeks old, had white patches all in her mouth and she was a bit fussy on her bottles.

Young mummy hope kimi is better soon x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->